What's new

Beginner Cali wants to grow!

O

otis33

I am just finishing up my first grow, you will spend much more than what you initially expect. I chose to grow in coco, its very forgiving. In fast hydro things can go wrong fast and your crop can be ruined over night. With coco there is a greater window in which to correct mistakes that a beginner will certainly make. Also, because of lack of $ I didn't buy a reflector and just dropped a bare 1000 watt in the middle of a circle of eight plants, it saved me a couple hundred bucks and I am amazed by the size of the Colas growing from the top to the bottom of my plant. read and research as much as possible. Good luck

And again.. What is coco? And nutes are clones right..

Coco is a medium that people grow in. It is kind of similar to peat moss but many people find it superior for many reasons. Nutes= nutrients, you can use bottled nutrients or if you're into the organic scene you can use bat guano, earth worm castings and the like. I just started my first grow on 6-27 and decided on using dwc. I love it so far and the growth is crazy. Every day I check on my ladies and am amazed at their growth.