What's new

Been hunting Purple McNasty parents for years..

InAHaze

And now I monster cropped a single seed and got in touch with the person who kept the genetics straight all these years and I got the best idea on the parents….old 60-70s heirloom strains but pure indica….for now

Parents are Purple Nurple (what we called one pheno of Mendo Purps/Afghani is my best luck tracing it down this far) x NL #5.

Really needs a modern touch though since the yield is just bleh and it HAS gotten stronger even if I’ve been smoking this since I was 12 and have known the breeder a while now.

I know this is random as hell, but does anyone have a decent hybrid in mine to cross it with? Honestly I’m leaning toward Blue Dream for the Super Silver Haze genetics and yield and Blueberry would just add to the color even if I have to pheno hunt for a bit, they can grow tall on the mountains.

That or I have a bag seed of Cherry Diesel from MTG that’s gonna get cloned tomorrow so I may use that but open to all suggestions.

JetLife175

Veteran
Last time I saw nurple was 2017. I still may know someone who holds the clone. Never knew what the genetics were on that cut but it's great smoke.

WvWidowMaker

I joined this forum because of the topic. Thanks for the early genetics information as I have not found it. From 1997 to 2012 I worked on improving Purple McNasty from seed in yield and potency. Around the same time, I came across the original White Widow seeds, (Purple Punch/Afghan 50/50).

After a decade of cross-pollination, grafting and seed/pollen collection I have named it Purple McWidow based on the enhanced flavor of the original WV Purple McNasty and the phenomenon growth of White Widow.

In the wilds of WV, outside, you can expect a 12 foot tall monster under prime conditions. 1/2 to 1 Oz per square ft., 6 month grow time, 60 day flower cycle. Yield and consistency greatly improved when it's harvest over time allowing under-bud to fully mature, 30-45 extra days past the first 60. In the absence of White Widow I would lean towards adding a prolific Purple/Afghan Hybrid. Make it your own, enjoy the science and good luck.