What's new

Becoming an ICMAGAZINE (online) Subscriber....Your Chance To Help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

guineapig

Veteran
Good ideas for sure.....

Maybe put all of the ICmag supporters in a pool so they can win some paks of highly-coveted seeds......save a few paks of the seedbay-server-crashing seed auctions and raffle them off at random to the ICmag supporters!!!! That would for sure encourage more people to sign up....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

G

Hi GP!

I was also wondering if collectively we could put together some "how to" manuals and GN could sell them here at ICMAG as e books. That way there would be minimal costs and no shipping and you could sell them fairly inexpensively. Just have to set it up with software, etc.

You could have manuals on making wine and beer, grow guides, breeding techniques and a variety of projects. For those that enjoy traveling we could put together our ideas and experiences for visiting various places.

When you think about it, the possibilities are endless.

I'm wondering what others would think of these ideas.

Last edited:

Wiimote

REZDOG said:
BINGO!!

We can back this whole freakin' site onto DVD once a year....but I'd suggest a 1x/year compilation....two DVDs,nine gigs of "The Best of IC Mag.Com 2007-2008"
It certainly bitch-slaps ANY magazine in the world,print or digital,content-wise,that I'm aware of....

As much as I support your subscription idea (just actually read the thread tonight). I think this would be a great addition to ICMag's revenue stream. I think the best way to do it would be to have a "vote for this thread to be on the DVD link" for each thread. (possibly only supporters?) With a group of people to go over the suggested threads, trim the fat and give final approval (Mods, supporters, employees?).

This way you could automate a large percentage of the work involved. You let your users create and find the content, then all you have to worry about is thinning out irrelevant posts, and the DVD authoring/production/sales. Also, the final editing could be done remotely with no more security risks than any other post on the server/s.

Would this pay the entire costs of operating the server? Maybe, but I honestly doubt it. If anything it would drive more traffic to the site, but help defer some costs in the process. The main advantage to this plan however, is what if. What if ICMag were to somehow follow OG into the nether. Whether through legal situations changing, or any other issue. And I constantly see people say how much they wish they had a copy of this or that thread or picture from OG. This could ensure that the info stays around, while helping maintain the site and the information.

G

well? i seen lots of posts saying they were sending the money in, where is everybody now?
I dont want to be alone here, Im trying to decide if Im doing it or not

WeedWrapperMan said:
I got you if you need it GP ... Now about that T-Shirt Gypsy ... You know the ones GH had made up ... with my Name on it ... are there any left ?

you pickin up the tab?

G

personally ... i don't like the idea of paying money to enjoy this site ...most of us are already paying in the manner of our post's ... our grow thread contirbutions are free advertizing for the sites primary purpose ... if the site is running on a shoe=string budget and really is in danger of shutting down due to lack of funds... we would hear about that loud & clear

i do not know dutch,or gypsy, but if this endeavour wasn't solvent it would not exist..just MHO..please don't flame me ..peace

burning_red

eyes that shine...
ICMag Donor
it is a voluntary thing so no big deal,if you feel it's worthwhile--do it.Personally I think it's the premier site on the planet to learn all about this hobby we so love and well worth it

sent my lifetime sub in couple weeks ago,I know they've been busy so I expect I'll get a little thank you at some stage and access to limited edition seeds which really interests me

G

burning_red said:
it is a voluntary thing so no big deal,if you feel it's worthwhile--do it.Personally I think it's the premier site on the planet to learn all about this hobby we so love and well worth it

sent my lifetime sub in couple weeks ago,I know they've been busy so I expect I'll get a little thank you at some stage and access to limited edition seeds which really interests me

how much $ did you send in? you also can expect to get a banner proclaiming your special status

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Gypsy... I believe you are doing great about the Premium Membership... I Think you could get some very good closed session discussions with that...best value for sure--
But...there are a lot of the ppl that come here, that are serious about their hobby/addiction/verily truest love (lol)...but cannot afford that kind of $$...but would be more than willing to post up $5, 10, or 20 if you had a "Donate" button-- Maybe you could have a "Donors Lounge" or something...but I think you would find a lot of us would be willing to make a smaller donation, just because this site is worth it-- Maybe give special privileges for ppl who donate multiple times...like 350 in accumulated "Chump Change" would warrant a Lifetime Membership--
Just sayin'... :wave:

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if this question has been addressed, please just point me to the page..

What is the difference between an "ICmag donator" and an "ICmag Subscriber"

I understand the "Subscriber" is a Paying member, so Im more/less wondering What "Donator" status is..?

thanks folks, I look foreward to donating and subscribing.
Peace, bub.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
250$ is a pair of jeans for my girlfriend...and it does nothing for me!
250$ for a night out with friends ? No problem...and it does nothing for my health!
250$ for absolutley worthless crap i've bought...

seems like a no brainer..

..ICmag on the other hand is my daily ritual. Something i can't imagine being without now.

Going for lifetime as soon as i get some leftover $...in the middle of a few projects right now..

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
Unpopular post

Unpopular post

I support and contribute to ICMag through my posts and seed purchase at Seed*. I think that should to be enough for everyone. :2cents:

I know it's been mentioned that they're separate entities, but I think that's an invalid point. Why not just ask for a loan from SeedBay / SeedBoutique, right? :confused:

I hope I don't get banned for expressing my opinions. It's not that I'm ungrateful, but I think it's a bit outrageous. Again, just my :2cents: ...

Last edited:

Red_Nine

I do like Rez's idea of a dvd. That would be really nice to have, even if just for when my internet might be having a fit. There is so much info, it would be great for years to come no matter what happens to the site. I would pay for this for sure. Good idea.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
clowntown said:
I support and contribute to ICMag through my posts and seed purchase at Seed*. I think that should to be enough for everyone. :2cents: ...
Interesting point Clowntown...but would you jump up and tell the preacher in your church you donate by just being there? Or the salvation army as you pass thier stand that you are interested in helping and ain't that enough? IC is asking for donations...not making or demanding you donate. DD

clowntown

Veteran
I'm not telling the preacher that I'm contributing by just being there, I'm telling the preacher that I'm contributing by being there and contributing, doing staff & other volunteer work. I'm passing by the Salvation Army stand telling them that I'm interested in helping not by offering monetary items but instead offering my services and intellectual items.

In a church, are people who do not donate monetarily seen as any "less" of member than ones who do? How about the volunteers at Salvation Army who volunteer their time and effort, but do not donate objects? Should they be seen as any less than contributing and supporting members? If the answer is yes, then count me out for sure. :nono:

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
well......everyone has an opinion and all are welcome......as I have said a few times before during this thread any contributions to the site monetarily are purely voluntary......it really does help to pay for the site to remain here......so that members can learn from what other members have written about and shown.....

....But...without funding this site would simply not exhist, where-ever it may come from.......as long as I can cover the costs and pay the monthly bill for it...... ICMAG.COM will remain here for all....

....The seed sites that advertise on ICM are all seperate entities/businesses.......and although we recieve a small ammount of revenue from these advertisers it only covers a small fraction of ICM's costs...

*I have been thinking about the ICM Donars concept......and perhaps that might well be a good idea.....I'll think on it a bit more....

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hermanshooltz said:
Just curious - how much does ICMAG costs per month? (Or is it a "top secret" info?) :bow: :alien:

no idea, but this is what Gypsy posted on page 3 er 4 I think regaurding cost.
Gypsy Nirvana said:
......When I first fired up ICMAG......the server costs were much smaller than they are today due to much lower usage and storage needs at the time......the figure RED145 is stating of this site costing no more than $1000 a year....is about what it now costs us to run this site including all the over-runs on bandwidth.....the technical/security help and taxes on 3 servers every 10 days........

....To expand, upgrade and develop the site into the future at the same time as paying for more bandwith, memory, software and technical help as the site continues to grow.... is going to cost much more......and I would like in the future to be able to actually pay the moderators and Admins something for all the work they do on the site......so far they have all done this for FREE.....

needless to say, I was inspired to subscribe for a lifetime :) I dont really care about any of the extra features I might have.. hell I spend most my time here managing the HTC forum.. Im just glad to be able to throw atleast a pinch back at the place that has done so much for so many of us.

If you dont feel like you owe this site a damn thing folks, dont put any change into it... But if you feel like you would like to help keep the site advancing, do what you think will help. I know what I have gained from this site, is unparalleld.
but to each their own.

Peace, bub.

clowntown

Veteran
Wasn't the original intent to start a for-profit magazine (possibly to compete with the likes of High Times, Cannabis Culture, etc), which ended up failing?

For those of you with any amount of commercial interest, it's (expectedly) obvious that it's in your interest to support the site, even if financially. But what exactly is this "site"? When you say "this site", a majority of the entity you're referring to is the collection of information shared by the members here. Gypsy has created a nice place for that information exchange to take place; as you must know, not all canna sites are equal and simply having a forum to post in may not generate much truly useful and vast information exchange. But ultimately, "this site" (to me) truly means all the members here, not just Gypsy.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes this site is a cumulative effort of all members that post usefull and pertinent info on the plant that brings us all together.......and I thank you all for being active and worthy contributors.......but for icm to remain here bills have to be paid every month to ensure that we all can post....

The same goes for any future editions of the physical magazine......it all costs money you see......and since I am not particularly wealthy monetarily by any means and far from being a marketing genius I am finding it difficult to meet all of these costs without a little help from my friends......

What I could do is start an ICM fund that any member can freely 'donate' to if they so wish.......whether it be seeds that could be auctioned off or a small financial donation.......

Then that member can sport an ÍCM Donator tag below their nick........and we could open a Donators Forum.....just for them....

Status
Not open for further replies.