What's new

Become a CAREGIVER, or open a COLLECTIVE?

Galactic

Money isn't an issue & I could care less if I live lavishly or not... as long as I'll be able to make ends meet I'll be happy that I'm helping my patients that truly need this plant.

If this is true through and through, you should be caregiving. You have your couple real patients, donate a few oz, be a shoulder.

monsoon

You need to zero in on which state you are interested in as all of the laws are different in every state with MMJ. You also need to realize that the States with MMJ do not have the same pricing scale you are more than likely enjoying at present. Figure $200 per ounce (and be happy if you get it) into your calculations to get real on the $$$ end. Check the laws because selling isn't legal in many areas and in some places, the plants you are growing as a CG are not yours and the patients can take them at anytime.

Thousand of people moved to Colorado to do exactly whet you are talking about. Most of their equipment now resides in ads in craigslist. Sadly, the money isn't there like folks looking in from the outside believe it to be. It's do able, but the days of making a living from this plant are waning quickly as prices continue to fall. (all except the prices associated with growing it)

good luck in your attempt. Let us know how it goes.

jackel

Yes prices in Cali are 1500 or less even. 1300 is common. I think u are confused a bit about what u want to do.
U say u just want to grow to help people. and money isn't important. Then u say ud like to make ends meet, and that ud like to see prices higher than what Cali's market is.
I think what u really want is to find a "legal" way to grow and make money. Don't we all? But if you want to help sick people, and just make ends meet, u will let the stuff go at rock bottom to just cover ur bills. Which might mean electricity cost + equipment. Once added up, that might come out to something like $500 pounds, since ur not looking to profit, just make ends meet.
My understanding is caregivers are just that, givers. They aren't making anything.
Collectives, collect. They get stuff.
Just my two cents tho.

monsoon

In some states where you can sell excess to dispensaries, like Cali, the tag "caregiver" is usually just a front to make cash. When it was like that in CO, folks would take their "patients" count, then sell them ounces for ridiculous prices and sell the rest to the dispensary or black market and make serious bank. After awhile the State got wind of the tax-free sales and transactions and wanted their cut, and thus, we went from having individual rights to watching "the industry" fill their pockets and the pocket of the State.

Now that dispensaries are here...we cannot sell. Caregivers are regulated to only regaining costs, and because of the glut of pot here (lack of demand/low prices/end of sales) via the overregulation, many folks have given up caregiving.

Collectives aren't allowed here. Each 6 plants must be in their own locked space. There's no money in it anyway...and in a collective, all of the weed is split among the people in the collective in most instances.

Best bet is to.grow for yourself and forget this being a job. Those days are long gone unless you are happy working for someone else for minimum wage just to be around "weed'.

Yawn. stretch.

Galactic

Yes prices in Cali are 1500 or less even. 1300 is common. I think u are confused a bit about what u want to do.
U say u just want to grow to help people. and money isn't important. Then u say ud like to make ends meet, and that ud like to see prices higher than what Cali's market is.
I think what u really want is to find a "legal" way to grow and make money. Don't we all? But if you want to help sick people, and just make ends meet, u will let the stuff go at rock bottom to just cover ur bills. Which might mean electricity cost + equipment. Once added up, that might come out to something like $500 pounds, since ur not looking to profit, just make ends meet.
My understanding is caregivers are just that, givers. They aren't making anything.
Collectives, collect. They get stuff.
Just my two cents tho.
This was exactly my impression upon reading the opening post. Felt like he was working his way in to the real questions without coming off as $-motivated... so I narrowed my responses to clear his intentions.

Cus this discussion is simple... money not issue = caregive. money slight issue = dispense

for that just search. yesterdays news

Galactic

caregiving is profitable.

i dont understand your logic on the opening-collective-because-you-don't-have-much-saved though. its a retail business. just like all the other retail businesses in existence. you need capital.

Galactic

Hey man it would probably depend on the state but i will give you Michigan as an example.

can be caregiver for 5 patients, each patient being 12 plants for 60 total plants in all stages of life. so 60 plants, you grow medicine, up to 2.5 oz per patient for 12.5 oz. you give that to your 5 patients. they give you donations. spend less than they donate to you. profit.

this is a rough layout. im not going anymore in depth, you can think and figure the specifics

Galactic

most true medical patients are up to their eyes in bills and cash short... the ones actually needing these cbd dreams you have... and they need lots... but it's caregiving right?

Galactic

Essentially you must be creative in structuring whatever it is that you do. Unless you're somewhere like CO, barriers to entry is limited to your creativity and willingness to test gray, undefined areas of the law relative to clear federal penalties.

In Michigan, you cannot "sell" anything. So some give medicine for "free", with a "donation" for your time/effort.

Again all situation dependant

Latest posts

Latest posts