What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Beautiful Oregon

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Hey Stagger, nice trout. I was just at the McKenzie last weekend..had a family reunion at the park near Coburg. I told the wife I wanted to try the fishing when we were there..looks like it's well worth wetting a line.

Snow Crash

Veteran
In 1 week I am moving back to Santa Cruz, CA from Hillsboro, OR and I am not looking forward to it. After 18 wonderful months in Oregon I just couldn't hold down a job long enough to stay.

I love this state, I love the beauty and the people, but unfortunately the state didn't seem to care for me very much. I'd like to stay but the opportunity just isn't here. Maybe some day... Once I've spent my fortune renting a 1 bd/ba for $1,200/mo in Cali.

Of all the things about Oregon that kick ass I have enjoyed my delux 2bd/2ba for $800/mo more than anything. Life costs 70% less up here, which means you get to do 30% more. I figure in California I'll lose 30% of my pay to income taxes. Then another 10% of what I spend on sales tax. There is a reason I left that shithole for Oregon and now I have to go back?!?!?

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's why I had to leave 2x. When I left it was @13% unemplyed . There where no jobs. I could not afford to be a burger flipper.

M

mugenbao

I absolutely love Oregon, and although I've never lived there I've spent enough time there to know that I would like to someday. If I ever move out of Washington, and I'm not sure that day will ever come, it will probably be to Oregon. I simply cannot imagine living anywhere in this country other than the PNW! :D

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
I absolutely love Oregon, and although I've never lived there I've spent enough time there to know that I would like to someday. If I ever move out of Washington, and I'm not sure that day will ever come, it will probably be to Oregon. I simply cannot imagine living anywhere in this country other than the PNW! :D

No truer words have ever been smoking. If i'm not in OR for my eternal days I will always be in the PAC NW... the smell of the forest in this place is amazing, so delicious and green!!! I'll post some more photo's of epic beauty very soon. Peace and love all! Stagger:jump:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Immigrant here. Recently relocated to western WA from the desert southwest. Some amazing beautiful places to be sure. Rains like rabbits fuck, maybe more. Can't see moving again...
Nice photos all. I especially liked the trout with two mouths.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Now living in the desert SW, frequently dreaming about a move to Oregon.
Tired of the desert...

Those are some awesome pictures!

The wilderness out here in Wisconsin is pretty beautiful but it doesn't compare to what you posted.

Devils Lake Wisconsin

DSCF0208.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

DSCF0118.jpg

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Wisconsins not in Oregon silly!!!

Wisconsins not in Oregon silly!!!

Thanks for the beautiful pic Rob!! Let's try to keep this strictly OR, or maybe the pacnw though? lol it's all good brother man. Here's some more photo's of my adventure in the lava fields in the 3 sisters wilderness....miles and miles of lava everywere. We found a couple caves on that hike and smoked a few bowls in those caves! :yay: that was fun... then we went to the coase and had a great TRIP beautiful sunset on an actual calm day for the OR coast. Peace and love everyone, Stagger

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Hey Stagger, nice trout. I was just at the McKenzie last weekend..had a family reunion at the park near Coburg. I told the wife I wanted to try the fishing when we were there..looks like it's well worth wetting a line.

Yes sir! use a nice small hook with some row or a nightcrawler on their with a few sinkers and just run it along the currents and rocks and you'll pull in rainbows all day. There's also tons of stealhead running too, in the fall and late summer I believe theirs Chinnook and coho. Peace and love, maybe i'll see you out their sometime! STagger

MtnLivin

Man these photos bring back a lot of memories.. I grew up in Hood River.. I miss it up there.. Now that I have a little one of my own, we are talking about moving back to Oregon.. Thank you for posting your beautiful photos!!!

And those are some nice rainbows ya got there! I miss the salmon and steelhead fishing, that's for sure!!! Mmmm smoked steelhead!

M

mugenbao

I haven't been to Oregon in more than ten years, and I'm starting to feel a need for a vacation :D

Even though the places I remember most clearly were kind of "tourist"-y, they were simply gorgeous.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Hello fellow nature nerds, I went camping at Betty Lake for labor day weekend, I love this place, it's so quiet here it really is a place of solice and relaxation. We spent the day's fishing drinking top shelf tequila, and smokin organic nuggets. Waldo lake wilderness is amazing in the sense that it has miles upon miles of nonstop hiking trails, the PCT goes almost right through this site. Peace and love all! STagger

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran

Amen!

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Yup... PacNW is pretty much amazing in every aspect ;) I've got some photo's of crater lake i recently took, just been busy moving and building a new 4k room :yay: Peace and much love, STagger