What's new

"bear grylls" ..is trying for salvation?

DoubleJ

HempHut said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ray Mears -- he's the original U.K. prototype that Bear has copied.

http://www.raymears.com/

Ray comes across as a straight up guy with a genuine love and respect for the wilderness. He illustrates, educates, informs and learns from where he goes and those that live there. His show isn't an "adrenaline filled adventure" in the way these survival shows tend to present themselves -- and that's a good thing if you're actually interested in learning some things. Not to say the show is boring, but Ray doesn't sensationalize his adventures unnecessarily.

Definitely.

Ray Mears episodes are like therapy man, he is super relaxed! I reckon he's a toker and all...

NOKUY

Veteran
i fukin love that quote tho and it rings sooo true.

i feel sorry for the kids of today who dont learn the "hard way"

dont rely on GPS and beacons, and cell phones, etc....but learn the wilderness the hard way like i was taughtike i was taught.

but since u have the tech. ...then use it if u can (tho i dont)

Last edited:

HempHut

DoubleJ said:
Ray Mears episodes are like therapy man, he is super relaxed! I reckon he's a toker and all...

Hehe, that's very true. He's very mellow but not boring. He presents his shows in the same way as he thinks people should behave in the outdoors -- calmly, carefully and with respect. No blasting sound track and shots of Ray leaping over things -- just good information presented in an engaging manner.

Not sure he tokes, but I would like to think so. ;)

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
ray mears is cool.

i wish richard proenneke lived long enough to have his own show, thankfully he left us a bunch of videos though.

NOKUY

Veteran
RudolfTheRed said:
ray mears is cool.

i wish richard proenneke lived long enough to have his own show, thankfully he left us a bunch of videos though.

bro that is so awesome and brings a tear to my eyes.

he's a fukin hero of mine if i ever had one.

there arent peeps in this world that can live in solitude and make a PEACEFUL home from the wilderness and LIVE WITH the wilderness!

it's soooooooo fukin' simple that its so hard

rp's book and video are in my collection for life, and i'll always aspire to be like him.....and keep in mind he was in his 40's before he built his cabin on lake clark....ive seen it in person.

If the adverage joe tried doing the things bear grylls does in a true survival situation 90% of the time the adverage joe would probably kill himself trying it.

Les stroud is physically the adverage joe alone in a REAL survival situation trying to survive and video tape his adventure.

Les stroud < bear grylls

soomka

Why are you hating on bear? He is just trying to show people how to survive if they are put in certain situations. Seriously, both shows have their up and downs.. IMO survivorman is much more entertaining, it's one guy on his own! that's pretty crazy, but seriously, they only show you what THEY want you to see. And what they do is very dangerous, i'm pretty sure man vs wild has had crew members killed during filming.

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
soomka said:
i'm pretty sure man vs wild has had crew members killed during filming.

are u crazy....no one was killed during filmin his crap.....no one was even killed filming deadliest catch.

:bashhead:

tell me where u get this stuff.

G

Bear is the man.....FUCKING BADASS EXTRAORDINAIRE! :respect: I've never seen him kill anything he didn't eat. If he wants to spend the night in a hotel so be it; as if everyone doesn't know he can do it all..... SIBERIA!?! :yoinks:

NOKUY

Veteran
yeah u knew i saw that, and u knew i would watch it again....

...soo nice to see him and his mindset in this world...isnt it?

if peeps dont watch that and dont understad it then again im sorry for them

RP should be everyones hero!

NOKUY

Veteran
RudolfTheRed said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsfB6oJ55wM
none of these guys have shit on richard proenneke

the ultimate survival man and my hero...

the video is a 9 minute portion of alone in the wilderness a documentary about richard. nokuy has seen it im sure but everyone else needs to check it out.

go there and NEVER call out that survivalist a hoax!

soomka

NOKUY.. i'm not crazy..
why do you call it crap? Stop sitting on your ass bitching about other peoples shit, and go make something of yourself, possible a hit tv show w/ millions of viewers??? you need to get off your high horse.

anyways, there was a crew member whose body was never even discovered because he lost his footing in fell into a endless void in a glacier.. i'm sure a quick search of google could find something about it. Whenever i was watching his show it had a quick mention about the fellows death

NOKUY

Veteran
soomka said:
NOKUY.. i'm not crazy..
why do you call it crap? Stop sitting on your ass bitching about other peoples shit, and go make something of yourself, possible a hit tv show w/ millions of viewers??? you need to get off your high horse.

anyways, there was a crew member whose body was never even discovered because he lost his footing in fell into a endless void in a glacier.. i'm sure a quick search of google could find something about it. Whenever i was watching his show it had a quick mention about the fellows death

so wheres the link?...im too tired and lazy on my couch...lol.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
shit man you don't got a million viewer plus tv show on discovery channel??

damn dude what do you do all day nokuy??

soomka

nokuy, i google'd it.. but anything with bear in the title brings numerous pages with "MAN VS WILD FAKE??? OMG?!? NO WAY?! lol... smoke session time!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts