What's new

Beans Basement. Coco & Bagseeds!

bean82

Day 31 from seed!
Things are starting to get crowded, so I started tying down the girls to allow for better penetration of light. So far it seems like they enjoy the bondage.
I know that I have to lose some plants, to have enough light and airflow, to keep them happy and healthy. I've been trying to pick a few to throw away, but I just haven't been able so far.
Instead I have put 3 girls up for abortion among friends, to grow outside. They might have found a new home, so now I just have to decide which ones to give up.. It's still freezing at night around here, though, so I'll have some time to find out which girls to let go...

Before
img7136w.jpg

After
img7137dz.jpg

Jnugg

Veteran
You might want to try training tops in to a trellis net for a scrog type effect...take cuts of the plants you gift to friends,you could be getting rid of plants you'd later be kicking yourself in the ass for doing.

IM just finishing up a bag seed grow and about 3 weeks before harvest started noticing banana's every where I plucked as many as I can off but it gets out of hand.But getting some reserve pravada purpple wreck to replace these with. But the bag seed made some real nice smoke

bean82

You might want to try training tops in to a trellis net for a scrog type effect...take cuts of the plants you gift to friends,you could be getting rid of plants you'd later be kicking yourself in the ass for doing.

Great idea Jnugg. Doing a search on trellis, led me to cage scrog, which led me to this picture:

picture.php

from this post

I'll be doing something like this! I can't make one big screen above the plants, as I have to remove them for draining, when watering.
As for cloning, I wont be able to do that now. But the plants are going to be grown outdoors, so they'll reveg and I'll have plenty of time to take cuttings during summer.

Bobbito Blaze said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IM just finishing up a bag seed grow and about 3 weeks before harvest started noticing banana's every where I plucked as many as I can off but it gets out of hand.But getting some reserve pravada purpple wreck to replace these with. But the bag seed made some real nice smoke [/FONT]
That sucks. Hope I won't have that happening! Good to hear you at least got some nice smoke from it!

kryptonian said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Beans bagseed bitches looking bomb [/FONT]
Haha, Thanks krypto!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Jnugg

Veteran
I've used those outdoors,flipped upside down.Use bamboo stakes or skewers to tie/train branches.

How many plants do you plan on finishing in there?

bean82

My original plan was 16.. but I think that'll be too crowded... Maybe I should go with 12 plants in a circel, and just go vert right away?

Jnugg

Veteran
I'd stick with horizontal for now,learn the curve and your bitches,then if you like switch to vert.

I had a good friend ask me the other day to setup a grow for him and that he wants to do a whole bedroom.I daid to him since he has no growing experience what so ever,that it's best to start small and learn the curve of growing.He also wanted to go vert right out the door but I told him the same thing I just told you...start out horizontal,learn the curve and your bitches,then switch if you want.

Think I'll start him off with a 250w HPS in a DR60 or DR80...He's seen some of cab designs I used to do on google sketchup as well so I might just build him a custom cab.

You can always lollipop em for a SOG.

bean82

Thanks for the advice Jnugg! I like the cages so far! They're doing a great job spreading out the branches for light penetration, but still keep the plants pretty narrow. With alot of training i might be able to finish all 16 in there. Done with all cages, but 2. Those gotta wait till tomorrow!
Heard of lollipopping, and get the concept. Gotta read up on it though. Like the idea!

bean82

Day 34 from seed!

The 3 girls given up for adoption, has gotten a temp setup with my 150w mh, till they get picked up one of these days!
img7153mp.jpg

The rest of the girls, locked up in their cages!
img7157t.jpg

bean82

Day 40 from seeds. Things are looking great. Made a DIY carbon filter, and it's working great. The girls are thriving.

The tent
img7203p.jpg

A few flowers
img7195j.jpg

img7194b.jpg

img7188wa.jpg

img7186w.jpg

Jnugg

Veteran
Lookin' nice in there beans82.

Never grown 12/12 from seed before...I'm assuming by your pics and the fact that it's day 40 that it takes a while for the plant to show preflowers?

bean82

Thanks Jnugg! Much appreciated.

They were actually under 18/6 for app the first week of their life, so 12/12 from seedling is a bit more right, I guess. :) But yeah.. It did take a while for them to show sex. I read that it would take +3 weeks from seed on 12/12, for them to show preflowers, due to the time it takes to reach maturity.. Mine showed preflowers after app 2 weeks of 12/12, which seems normal, since they were 3 weeks old at that time.
I've decided not to count days of flower, since they have startet flowering at different times, and besides that, I'm not really sure when to count from. First pistils shown? Bud sites starting to form? Each grower seems to count it in a different way.
I do of course have a rough idea of how far they are into flowering, but since I'm going by the look of the trichomes, the days aren't that important to me.

Short addition to the diary: Plants are looking like hybrids to me, but a few are mostly sativa. Looking at the different stage of maturity of the plants, the harvest is gonna last a couple of weeks. Guessing the first will be chopped around the 1st of May.

sativa top
img7198i.jpg

The fastest grower is also very sativa dominant, and I've had to bend the main stem twice. If I hadn't done so, it would have outgrown the cage a long time ago, and be twice the size of most of the other girls.

img7189i.jpg

bean82

Day 44 from seed. Been a great day. Trichs are starting to show!! Started feeding them a bit of PK 13-14.

img7213x.jpg

img7216g.jpg

img7217k.jpg

img7251mb.jpg

img7220x.jpg

bean82

Day 49 from seed.
So.. Been spending a few hours in the basement, accompanied by the crew pictured below. Been watering and arranging fan leafs. Some girls look like they don't thrive all that well. A bit clawing/tacoing of some of the leafs. Some on the other hand, look perfect.
I suspect it's because of not watering till enough run off, and because of that slight salt buildups, causing minor nute defs... I got my hands on some GH FloraKleen, I'll use the next time I'm watering. I also watered till app 50% run off the last 2 times. Hope that'll perk the clawing ladies up. Otherwise things are looking good. Steady progress.

img7297o.jpg

img7326jt.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts