What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Beanhoarder Seeds?

right

cool beans. I seam to remember that they had some cool Neville crosses and some cool ace seeds crosses .never seen em in action though. 😃

IntotheGreen

cool beans. I seam to remember that they had some cool Neville crosses and some cool ace seeds crosses .never seen em in action though. 😃
I grew his Sweet Jack/BB x C99 and Red Congolese x F13 a few years back and they were both absolute fire. Super stoked for these crosses

IntotheGreen

Congo x f13 sounds fire. I will be watching. 🍿
Nice healthy, and clean looking grow
It was actually one of my all-time favorite smokes - super smooth, herbal/minty/earthy with just a hint of tropical citrus underneath. A very clear, uplifting sense of wellbeing with that underlying sativa energy. Only drawback was slightly fluffy nugs but overall I would have to say top three all-time

swampthing

Bean horder had an extensive and impressive collection, but I have to wonder can they really test all these selections
Bodhi has more. He really only had like 7 males and the rest were mothers he used basically across the board.
The stock is older but well worth a shot for the price… not to mention some classics from the early 2000s that you don’t often see these daze

i.love.scotch

I've ordered a bunch of his gear and will probably stock up on some more with the sale.

There is so much great genetic history in his collections. Even if one does consider some of them to be pollen chucks or untested. He does have some more worked selections and also some of his more successful crosses he has used in further hybrids, where you can read the results of the initial cross in the hybrid description.

I've recently flowered out some of his Mango Haze x SSH. 2 of the females threw a few bananas under stressful conditions, and 2 others didn't.

3 are very mango-y, and the other is more lemony-catpiss SSH like. All potent, stoney-hazey buzzes. Nice stuff.

I some of his Jack Herer x Black Widow going now. That one has good reviews from other members here and sounds like it will be a winner. They are just getting going into flower now. I was going to do a seed increase but most of the males are heavy intersex under stress (I heard his Black Widow line can be pretty herm prone). Not sure on the females yet as they've just flipped.

I only got about two thirds of those to pop.

I've popped a pack of his Sensi Star x Black Widow as well but had low germ rates.

These BW crosses are older beans, I think they came on the menu in 2012. I didn't do anything special with these in terms of extra prep. Maybe they could have come out successfully if I used some more care with them.

And I'm also just starting to flower some of his Petrolia Headstash x C99. Those ones are nice and the males are stable so far (been collection pollen for a seed increase). Better germ rate on those. I think those came on the menu in 2013.

I've had 100% germ success with his SSH crosses. Those are newer beans, came on the menu in 2016 if I'm not mistaken.

You can use the Waybackmachine to see when each series came on the menu and determine how old they are. Also fun to go down memory lane. Disclaimer: it also might give some regrets on not stocking up on some old gems haha

I'll post pictures of the Mango Haze x SSH shortly

Last edited:

i.love.scotch

All these are Mango Haze x SSH

First two pics are from the Hazey-est. Unripe/green mango aroma. Very vigorous growth and takes about 11wks

Next two pics are from one of the ones that threw bananas. Great plant and super great mango aroma. Faster at about 9wks. I bet if I ran it as a clone it wouldn't herm. I run a super hot super soil that makes a lot of stuff throw bananas, especially the seed plants. I didn't take cuts of this one though.

Last two pics are the more SSH plant. That one's my keeper so far. Big spears of silver hazey goodness in 9-10wks.

Attachments

• PXL_20230222_001737542.jpg
    PXL_20230222_001737542.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 88
  • PXL_20230214_155110775.jpg
    PXL_20230214_155110775.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 91
  • PXL_20230215_010715025.jpg
    PXL_20230215_010715025.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 104
  • PXL_20230209_004136251.jpg
    PXL_20230209_004136251.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 83
  • PXL_20230423_192854279.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20230423_192854279.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
  • PXL_20230428_034535473.jpg
    PXL_20230428_034535473.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 78

right

First two pics are from the Hazey-est. Unripe/green mango aroma. Very vigorous growth and takes about 11wks

Next two pics are from one of the ones that threw bananas. Great plant and super great mango aroma. Faster at about 9wks. I bet if I ran it as a clone it wouldn't herm. I run a super hot super soil that makes a lot of stuff throw bananas, especially the seed plants. I didn't take cuts of this one though.

Last two pics are the more SSH plant. That one's my keeper so far. Big spears of silver hazey goodness in 9-10wks.
Very cool . Have you grown any of Shanti Babas gear ,and if so how does it compare?

Digger102

Nice looking plants!! How did you use the way back machine to see older listings of beanhoarder gear? I ended up emailing hempdepot for descriptions and they were only able to give me 2 out of 4. I’m trying to find the descriptions for SSH3 x MH, Nigerian-Kandahar and SSH x Hawaiian Sativa. I have a few more I wouldn’t mind looking at, but those are the top ones.

i.love.scotch

Nice looking plants!! How did you use the way back machine to see older listings of beanhoarder gear? I ended up emailing hempdepot for descriptions and they were only able to give me 2 out of 4. I’m trying to find the descriptions for SSH3 x MH, Nigerian-Kandahar and SSH x Hawaiian Sativa. I have a few more I wouldn’t mind looking at, but those are the top ones.
You go to archive dot org and type hemp depot dot ca into the url area. Then you can select dates from the calendar you want to look at. You can probably find the SSH stuff in 2016, not sure about the Nigerian Kandahar. There is Nigerian Kandahar x God up still on the current site

You can go back to some other really cool stuff from canna history too. Any old seedbank you want to look up that had a website that would be archived. Old Emery Seeds stuff etc

i.love.scotch

3.5 weeks flowering
Johnny Blaze x C99 and Grapefruit/BB x C99

full

full

Front middle GF/BB Cindy definitely looks like a 7-week finisher, and Johnny Blaze Cindy on the left is an absolute monster - 42 inches tall and still growing. Lookin' like the goddamn Petronas towers up in here!

Those look great! I'm tempted to pick up the Johnny Blaze x C99. I have the JB x Blockhead already but the pairing with C99 seems like it would be really good

Digger102

You go to archive dot org and type hemp depot dot ca into the url area. Then you can select dates from the calendar you want to look at. You can probably find the SSH stuff in 2016, not sure about the Nigerian Kandahar. There is Nigerian Kandahar x God up still on the current site

You can go back to some other really cool stuff from canna history too. Any old seedbank you want to look up that had a website that would be archived. Old Emery Seeds stuff etc
Thank you very much! I think the Nigerian Kandahar was around 2009 or 10. I’ll definitely check it out.

IntotheGreen - Those plants look great.

I've got some BeanHo Johnny Blaze x c99 on the go now and they just got flipped to 12/12. The male has a couple multi-colored leaves. Both the female and male have flattened stems that split into more stems. The plants have never been topped and had about a dozen leaves taken off between the 2 plants so far. What you see is how they grow without a lot of handling.

DSC00105a.jpg
DSC00108a.jpg
DSC00109a.jpg

swampthing

Love seeing good reports from BeanHo. The strains he has just have me drooling but have been waiting for a good report or two to devote some space towards the genetics.

Any smoke reports? I bet both of those lines turned out fantastic.

Tomahawk_

I have a couple of his strains:
F-13 x Chem Dog D
Funky Bitch x F-13
Jack x Blueberry
winter grow, ....still in vegetative, so not much to see, but will post pics soon.

Also, grew his (Grapefruit x Blueberry) x Cindy99, and a couple of the God Bud crosses this past summer - all good smoke. The key is to find a "keeper pheno" from whatever strain you select. For example, the (Grapefruit x Blueberry) x C99 I kept was a sativa leaner (I also had a small indica pheno that got attacked by mold & mildew - so it got tossed) - the smoke was heart racing after a couple of hits...can't say I get anything heart racing from any of the modern criss-cross strains.
I always try to have a couple of his strains in the que - there's some gold in the genetics, it just involves a bit more searching...

Latest posts

Latest posts