What's new

Be self sufficient on a 1/4 acer

Three Berries

1669856567658.png

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The root of all big plans is Money. Only someone with money can have a setup like that. Not to mention 5 laborers working their asses off to keep it the way it is. 😎

Nannymouse

I like it! Get rid of those expensive lawns and put in some food! Got windows? Grow some food!

I grew up with gardening and food preservation. Seems those things are rare skills, these days.

I don't know about needing to be rich. A place like that might take a couple of decades to put together. The average suburban wouldn't have quite that much acreage to work. Not a lot of expensive equipment needed, there. No tractor, no lawnmower. If a person didn't have a couple of cars' expenses to deal with and didn't spend a ton of money on 'recreationals' and distant vacations, that would help.

But none of it would usually come to a person for free. There would need to be a good cash crop or one of the couple would need to work to pay off the mortgage and taxes.

Anyway, it would be a good goal.

Three Berries

I like it! Get rid of those expensive lawns and put in some food! Got windows? Grow some food!

I grew up with gardening and food preservation. Seems those things are rare skills, these days.

I don't know about needing to be rich. A place like that might take a couple of decades to put together. The average suburban wouldn't have quite that much acreage to work. Not a lot of expensive equipment needed, there. No tractor, no lawnmower. If a person didn't have a couple of cars' expenses to deal with and didn't spend a ton of money on 'recreationals' and distant vacations, that would help.

But none of it would usually come to a person for free. There would need to be a good cash crop or one of the couple would need to work to pay off the mortgage and taxes.

Anyway, it would be a good goal.
The family unit is very important in something like this. It's to be developed with family labor and resources and passed on to the next generations. Unfortunaly there isn't much of that going on nowadays. It's all cash it in and get a new iPhone.

The latest TV ad...

Latest posts

Latest posts