What's new

Be Honest! Who's getting 3lb/1k???

D

DHF

Well ..... Let`s see if we can continue this thread for the good of the community and hopefully all posts can be constructive toward learning howta pull increased lbs per light and MORE once all factors are dialed.....

Kak`s doin what he`s figured out over time , as in how to utilize the right strain for the job of 64 plants that grow tall enough for the lights to still penetrate downward and still make viable nuggage at the bottoms of each of those 64 plants......

I asked a trick question above about what strains grew straight 4' tall and pulled 4 oz each , and it wasn`t answered , but......

I just wanted all to know that yas can "prune and shape" the laterals of ANY pot plant to keep em from growin into the plants sideways on all 4 sides of em to BECOME a "single cola" plant once yas dial a plants growth structure and tendencies.....and lastly...

Major respect for figuring out said process to all but double anyone else`s efforts on a consistent basis.....4+lbs per light shows knowledge and experience regardless of vegtimes....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

pic book

So like (4) 4x4x4 RW cubes per sq/ft on a big ole flood table? I can see that producing crazy yields if you got the balls to be sittin on over that 100 plant count. That'd be about 100 plants per 1k. Now that's how its done.

always sea of green unloads pounds more than any other method, same as your heart pounds living on top of such risk. that's why bare bulb verticals--keeps numbers below your heart rate when those cold shiverring night sweats hit. when it sounds like somebody's outside and inside you're scared this time, your down for the count.

LostTribe

Premium user
In my experience 1000 watts can pull 2 lbs tops with everything dialed in like a boss. 1lb is more likely, maybe 1.5lbs for those more skilled growers, is more of a reality. Internet numbers DO lie so take 'em with a grain of salt. EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER.

By the way these are from my own experience. There are WAY too many variables to determine yield with simply just light wattage.

Apparently you don't grow VERT!

With enough veg time like 8 -10 weeks and a proper training and topping you can definitely achieve over 2 lbs with a 1k vertical hps. Have you not seen the 50 flip set up on Urban Grower they get like 2 lbs per plant.

THere is over 3 times the available canopy running vertical vs hoods its a proven fact.

Combine that with the difference in radiant heat and you have a mixture for success!

But you noobs stay out of the Vertical forum we don't want you getting any funny ideas!

RockinRobot

Apparently you don't grow VERT!

With enough veg time like 8 -10 weeks and a proper training and topping you can definitely achieve over 2 lbs with a 1k vertical hps. Have you not seen the 50 flip set up on Urban Grower they get like 2 lbs per plant.

THere is over 3 times the available canopy running vertical vs hoods its a proven fact.

Combine that with the difference in radiant heat and you have a mixture for success!

But you noobs stay out of the Vertical forum we don't want you getting any funny ideas!

I'm pretty new to growing but seems to me that if you have to veg 8-10 weeks instead of the 2 weeks veg that most people with overhead lights do means you get about 1/2 as many crops in a year so even if you double your yield over overhead you aren't gaining anything in the long run. Just playing devil's advocate here. I have seen the vert section. Just too much work for me. I grow for meds for my bad back so the less work for me the better. Too much work for me training vert. Plus seems tough to run perpetual with vert. Just my $.02

S

SooperSmurph

Yeah the DE bulbs and the setups running large numbers of CMH bulbs are finally consistently achieving over 2lbs / 1000w on commercial strains with average to slightly longer than average veg times.

MODERN TECHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNOLOGY!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
unless they veg real long or have some hay strain no one ... ..so my faster finishing strain gives me more crops and in the end I yield more at years end...ha ha ...and my stuff is aaa...yeehaw...I was pulling at 45 and it was done..tried going longer with no benefit seen..so veg time was same as flower time from taking the cut for clone to putting it in flower area 45 days...I did the math 8+

LostTribe

Premium user
I'm pretty new to growing but seems to me that if you have to veg 8-10 weeks instead of the 2 weeks veg that most people with overhead lights do means you get about 1/2 as many crops in a year so even if you double your yield over overhead you aren't gaining anything in the long run. Just playing devil's advocate here. I have seen the vert section. Just too much work for me. I grow for meds for my bad back so the less work for me the better. Too much work for me training vert. Plus seems tough to run perpetual with vert. Just my $.02

Your arguments are moot as most everyone I know has more than one light and growing chamber ie they can vegg seperately from bloom. Hence your moot argument.

Vertical is the Limit!

LostTribe

Premium user
unless they veg real long or have some hay strain no one ... ..so my faster finishing strain gives me more crops and in the end I yield more at years end...ha ha ...and my stuff is aaa...yeehaw...

Actually I got closer to 36 ounces on 4 plants once from 1k hps. But that was vertical and only 6-8 weeks veg on sour d x sfv og.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
and my actual veg time is half that ...2 weeks clone area ,rest in veg area round 31 days...yeehaw..I had a big bud cross that prob could of done it easy ..but it was hay man freaking hay !!!!...quality over quantity as I don't like hay I aint a cow

I use 2 lbs as a guide with 1k....right now, I am growing white widow extm and my last 2 crops were about 29 and 33oz....I use my own SWC set up described in a thread in this section....WW is not known as a high yeilder, but the extreme is not too bad....the space is 4x5ft with a mover...in another rooms walkin closet which was 4.5x7ft, previously was yeilding about 35-38oz with a silver pearl x AK47 cross...it was short but multiple thick main colas....there are probably strains that yeilded even better, but I never have one...I also have been growing for 35 years now....I strive for yeild increase every time, with every trick I have ever learned and have never hit 3lbs with 1k...I have very respectable yeilds based on decades of experience and regularly have friendly competitions with friends for the highest yeilds...I am at least a full half pound+ shy of the 3lbs with my best yeilder ever and just cant hit the 2.5lb with the WWX.... If there is a 3lb/1K strain, I would like to know what it is?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it aint gonna be a strain that pulls it for you that's for sure
it's mostly about environmental conditions, most seasoned growers know that already

like smurph said, new technology.
my understanding is that DE bulbs pull 3 lbs per light even in not perfectly "dialed" rooms
CMH for veg is outstanding, i'm still not convinced that it's the right thing for bloom, but a 315w CMH draws less amps than an 8 bulb t5, and the difference in plant growth is outstanding.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you claiming they can pull they same numbers at the same height? How would a de bulb compare to a standard one in a 7ft area?I know a de bulb at 10ft is gold..

imo with with the right setup even in a low ceiling (8 ft ceilings are kinda standard for "low") you can still do big numbers, don't NEED high ceilings for DE, but do need to plan a room around them. just my2cents

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have no DE experience so I have no clue about what they are capable of...doing my research tho...yeehaw

Scrappy-doo

I hit 3 1/4 with 1k and about 40-50 different females. Diff strains of all different sizes ans shapes, including low yielding ones. In organic soil.

Wasn't with an hps though.