What's new

BC's 150 watt HPS/T5 Scrog Cab

S

Sir_Nugget

I think you should check out the defoliation thread.. it works like a charm for me.. basically you pluck the major fan leafs once they get to a certain size.. what this does is it forces the shoots to grow new fan leaves.. it's kinda remarkable to pluck all the fan leafs off of your plant leaving it like a skeleton, then coming back 3 days later and seeing the result, fans grow right bakc in 3 days, so u boost it along... reason it is able to do it that fast is because the root system is there to support the leaves u just plucked, and in turn the regrowth of them, but at internode #2

an even better example of defoliation success is sumdumguy's first gro thread, the link is in his sig.. ican see ur plant becoming a nice little monster

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
looking good..I love watching a scrog fill in.

As far as training it goes...just try to keep it as even as possible, and if one side of the screen gets extra bushy just fim the tops a little to slow down growth on that area of the screen, while the other side fills out more. Also if you end up with taller shoots in the middle with no where to train them just chop them and make clones, or keep fiming so the center doesn't get to overcrowded. I usually try to let my tops stretch about 4 inches or so before I tuck back down again..seems to go much quicker then tucking constantly.

added: I usually end up pulling a few branches completely out of my screens and retraining back into the right area to get them perfect before flowering...I'm kinda ocd about it though lol.

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
BC it's coming along great. I almost have my scrog racks ready for my cases. Stay true my friend.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
thanks Sir Nugget!! That really looks like it works too..great thread and thanks for the help..This TW was starving for food so the bottom leaves were yellow so I snipped them today!!
Thanks Stealth Dragon!! slowing the top down makes so much more sense to me now that I see it in action...Thank you...it gives those shoots time to grow taller for sure...
Hey Ghost!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks my friend...I can't wait to see your screens FULL!!!
well, its now day 20 from seed and day 7 of veg...those bottom shoots are catching up and the top looks INSANE!!!

picture.php

I have the top training till she's tall enough to start tucking under..it won't be so stressful for her when the time comes:)she really is turning a nice happy green too:tiphat:
picture.php

this is before the LST...
picture.php

this is a shot of the top but you really can't make out whats going on so I'll tell you!!! There are 2 tops for sure but underneath those are like 4-5 more!!! Its so cool:)
so I will definately follow all your great advice....
If you look at the second pic, there is a old yellow leaf too, should I snip it too?? My cat is waiting:cathug:...lol...if you saw my other thread, you'd know that she likes( LOVES) the tasty leaves....falls right to sleep after too!!!
thanks again everyone and I look forward to your feedback..
I'm just finishing my DIY drying box so I will post pics of that later too..
:dance013:

Last edited:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Looking real nice bro, you can see in your second pic the big fan leaves are showing signs of hunger and/or nute lock out, but your new growth is a powerful green :)
If you are going to trim the big leaves, then snip them where the leaf meets the leaf stem, by leaving the stem that attaches to the trunk, your plant can/will reabsorb all the nutrients and cells contained inside of there and redistribute them back throughout the plant where it's required, without having to use up energy and more feeding to make up brand new cells and what not. :biggrin:
The stems will shrivel up and fall off when they are not longer useful to the plant :)

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Thanks Bueno Time!! sorry I missed you back there...this is getting fun!!
Thanks b00m!! you and Scrub have helped me immensely...a 600 watt HPS huh!! right on
b00m!! you should get some massive buds with that...I'm really hoping these T5's extra lumens/spectrum help this TW explode...looks liks its working!!!
when you say tip them, do you mean cut or just bend??
maybe I should add that any and all help with the scrog part would be much appreciated...I just don't know what direction to start bending her through..it seems as it won't take long at all to fill that screen but I have no idea..

thanks again!!

Sorry bruz missed this post whilst looking at your pics below it :bigeye:
Yep when I say tip them I mean remove the whole growing tip that's springing forth, this is also known as super-cropping I do believe, could be wrong though and don't mind admitting it :whistling::peek:
Try to visualize the plant's branches filling up the screen mate, like where you want that branch to go etc, keeping in mind how many growing tips are on that branch and where they are able to tied down too when they get big enough. The trick I think to managing a single scrog plant is to let the main branches head towards the outer edges, tipping and tying along the way, so the other shoots then have space to grow and fill up your screen.
Really hope I haven't confused the fuck outta ya bro. Please someone with better scrog technique please chime in
:gday:

Strangely

If you are going to trim the big leaves, then snip them where the leaf meets the leaf stem, by leaving the stem that attaches to the trunk, your plant can/will reabsorb all the nutrients and cells contained inside of there and redistribute them back throughout the plant where it's required, without having to use up energy and more feeding to make up brand new cells and what not.
The stems will shrivel up and fall off when they are not longer useful to the pl

Great tip!

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks b00m!!! you are a HUGE help bro as is so many great people here!!!I am following your advice bro...
Thanks Strangely!!! nice to hear from you!!
here we are now at Day 9 of veg and day 22 from seed... since Fimming her, she has popped out, no word of a lie, at least 18 future bud sites:dance013:and we are just beginning!!!
the smell of my last TW in veg(this early too!!)STANK like crap and smelly socks but this wonderful lady smells very skunky:)
I also took a clone and used wilson's Root whatever you call it!!

picture.php

there are shoots popping out all over this short thing:tiphat:
picture.php

hopefully this clone continues the TW line for me..it will be off to my pc as soon as she roots and I will find something (help anyone!) to use to keep moisture in...any ideas??
picture.php

here she is before the last LST/ scrog session:thank you:

picture.php

:wave:

picture.php

a shot of the topit seems as thought there is only 1 top still?! strange...
picture.php

I really think she is loving the lights though...temps have been a steady 79 with the scrubber on and humidity has been around 44..
I am looking forward to any or all feedback and thanks again:)
take care everyone

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks micro420guy!!! I'm very happy with temp/humidity now...
Hey Pancho Buddah!! thanks!! do you mean the BigBud etc?? I used those in my pc since I was strapped for room so I wanted to get as much as I can out of my ladies...still have lots so why not use it!!!most bloom nutes don't have enough of certain nutes the plants need too....
Its day 23 from seed and day 10 of veg...keeping her right on the screen and Fimming her is producing a major amount of new bud sites so I am wondering how much longer should I stay in veg...I wasn't expecting the TW to branch so much...
there are 18 sites not counting all the newer ones popping out of the "new" tops....if I flip to 12/12, my screen would be pretty darn full already...and the very top of her hasn't even came out yet!!!I have no idea why but she's as healthy as can be...
I'll have pics soon...batteries are charging

m4c

I had the exact same problem when I FIM'ed my two Jock Horrors, at first it looked like a lot of new shoots are starting on the top but after like 9 days I saw that it was just 1 :/ So I topped them normally and got 2 shoots like 6 days later - from now on I don't experiment with FIMing.

stonethecrow

hey all im getting ready to start my first grow with some pk seeds a friend gave me and came across this thread after doin a search on the 150 watt hps since thats all i can afford at the moment. i have a cabinet about the same size as what you got goin on here i was thinkin about using so this thread was a perfect one to come across. I dont wanna take up too much space and get in the way here so if anyone has some helpful info for me could you post it on my page. i will be keepin an eye on this thread cuz this is something ive never seen before. my plan is to use hempy buckets unless you think thats not a good idea given the amount of space im gonna have. cant wait to see what comes of your work and will check back soon

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey m4c!! I checked lots of info on FIM and it has to be cut almost to the stem, leaving justa tiny bit of leaf matter above...I did it wrong but I'm not going to bother anymore now..there is so many shoots popping up anyways...
thank you Cheese!!!!I can't wait either!!!!!
Thanks stonethecrow!!!check my albums ( New Cab Build)and keep asking the questions!!!!!!!I'm using a wide, shorter plastic tub so I can get more room in!!!
here we are at Day 11 of veg and day 24 from seed...she is a she!!!whew...
that would suck tying her down all this time to get a male....
I'm getting my clones and pc ready now too:)

picture.php

she's looking nice and green now:dance013:
picture.php

only one top:comfort:
not much in the pic department today but things will pic up...this must stress the heck out of a plant....
as always, I really look forward to any and all feedback...good or bad, its all good:)
thanks again everyone

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
hello everyone:)
my pc is up and running a s clone cab for now till I find the right clone to use as a mom....
my little lady is coming along nicely but its coming to another week when I will have to switch her over to 12/12...
here she is at day 35 from seed and day 12 of veg...

picture.php

she is 50% full now anyways:tiphat:that will fill up in no time...
picture.php

little closer shot of the top...:)fimming was a failure but it was my fault..Idid it too soon and did'nt cut enough off...now I know:comfort:
picture.php

many of you remeber this machine:rtfo:this pc really rocks in the growing department:)

picture.php

sorry about the ghetto job with the clones...I'll get some better way to cover them up on Monday...I did use a cloning gel on these babies:)if I have time, I'll cut another clone or two before I flip...
I am itching to flip just to watch her fill the screen:thank you:
got to be patient BC
looking forward to your feedback everyone
thanks

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Looks like you've got everything running smoothly my friend. I just finished the scrog adaption to my bigger mid tower case. I'll have photos in a bit for you. Looking good BC!

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks Ghost!! that pc scrod will be awesome buddy!!
I have about 18 cola's now and there's room left for 12/12 so I flipped today....i may have an empty space but i doubt it...she is branching like no tomorrow!!!
this also taught me tons plus there are 2 clones waiting to move in as soon as mom is done!!
i figure at least 80% of the screen will be full in the next 2 weeks for sure...
now the real fun begins..I got some tarantula for free today so I will throw some in tomorrow..
lots of pics tomorrow too!
take care everyone

Latest posts

Latest posts