What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BCN Diesel grow along

Nute drag part 2

Nute drag part 2

After week 2 the ladies started taking more nutrients especially around 9-12 where i went above 550 ppm and on 5-13 the plants consumed approx 10% of the ppm's.

I had thought previously when I had grown this strain that in veg 600 or so ppm was about right for a fairly stable res ppm. But without documentation you definately don't recall everything.

That is one of the things I am trying to accomplish with the grow along Aerokrafter has so graciously has decided to mentor.

Having data on everything I have done will greatly enhance my ability to achieve maximun performance of this strain in my garden. It also gives me a basis so that if I decide to change something I will know where I started from and the results of any changes made.

Thanks for stopping by.

Flower day 9

Flower day 9

Sorry Med, yes I flipped to 12/12 9 days ago. Everything is looking real good. Have pushed nutrient to 640 ppm with this strain with no leaf curl or tip burning. Will probably stay near this level because we will be adding Floralicious and KoolBloom powder after week 2.

Group shot

On my last grow at week 4 of bloom I had a tube overflow due to root blockage of drains and hydroton help clog the drain. (note to self clean the roots from drain lines) See Pic.

Other than that the girls are loving the Dutch Master gold nutes. Not much stretch. Tallest at 19". Will be trimming up shoots and leaves tomorrow and putting may screen on. Will post pics of screen. I have to use 2"X4" fencing for my grow because my area is enclosed with 3 walls and no way to get around the grow.

Attachments

• roots.jpg
    roots.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Bloom track wk 1-2.jpg
    Bloom track wk 1-2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 20
Wk 3 Bloom start

Wk 3 Bloom start

Into week 3 of bloom. Changed res at 620 ppm ph 5.8

Got screen in on 9-29. It is 2x4 metal but I like bigger openings so i cut out the 2 inchers to make 4x4 staggered openings.

Everything going well in the bloom area.

Attachments

• screen added 9 30.jpg
    screen added 9 30.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 20
  • close up 2 wk flower.jpg
    close up 2 wk flower.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 9
Update end of wk 3 bloom

Update end of wk 3 bloom

Well just ending bloom week 3. Things are going well except had tubes overfill due to roots clogging the drains. Very tips of newest leaves have yellowed due to the flooding, am now checking drain tubes every other day.

Buds are forming well. Stretch has stopped and have added floralicious and dry koolbloom to res.

Attachments

• wk 3 bloom.jpg
    wk 3 bloom.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 9
  • flower data wk 3.jpg
    flower data wk 3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 12
  • flower data wk 1-2.jpg
    flower data wk 1-2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 15
  • close up wk 3 flower.jpg
    close up wk 3 flower.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 8
Day 28 Bloom update

Day 28 Bloom update

Just ended week 4 flowering and all looking well. Dutch master nutes very stable.

Plants have stopped being such nute hogs so have went to 480 ppm or lower. 480 seems to be the neutral point where water and nutrients are taken up equally.

Had root blockage of drains again. Checking draing every 4th day now.

Other than that everything everything progressing nicely.

Attachments

• garden above end wk 4.jpg
    garden above end wk 4.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 12
  • bloom data wks 3-4.jpg
    bloom data wks 3-4.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 11

Dark Helmet

mate this grow looks beautiful i cant wait to see the end results hope all keeps running smoothly 4 ya.. u could always cut that cap on the end in half, then use some guttering or something along the same lines with a down pipe attached for the drain instead?

End week 5 Bloom Update

End week 5 Bloom Update

Everyone thanks for stopping by.

Well hit end of week 5 bloom, half way there and the ladies are frosting nicely and starting to reek. Pruned some fan leaves last night and fingers were all sticky and smelly when done.

Have noticed than the Dutch Master nutes like to drop ph more at this stage of flower with the floralicious and koolbloom added. Am going to try to stay at 6.0 or slightly above to keep falling below 5.3 ph.

Everything going well.

Everyone stay safe and smokem if you got em. OG

Attachments

• end wk 5 veg group.jpg
    end wk 5 veg group.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 11
  • end wk 5 canopy.jpg
    end wk 5 canopy.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 15
  • end wk 5 data sheet.jpg
    end wk 5 data sheet.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 17

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking Great!

KB lowers pH initially. As the solution moves to the PK side and the plants adjust their uptake, you will notice the pH creep higher. The rate of ppm consumption goes down as well.

-AK

End wk 6 bloom update

End wk 6 bloom update

Sorry for the delay have been busy. Everything is going fine and ladies are doing well.

Ph keeps wanting to go below 5.3 but I check twice daily, once at lights on and near lights off. Just keep adjusting. Could be due to my well water and water softner even though I do use ro. Don't really know any thoughts???

For anyone considering this strain I am thinking this is not a strain that likes to be topped. I really think yield is going to suffer because no real good sized colas, everything appears to be side branch bud.Oh well you don't know unless you try.

Anyway, frost and stink really coming on, pics attached

Attachments

• wk 7 bloom.jpg
    wk 7 bloom.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 12
  • wk 5-6 bloom data.jpg
    wk 5-6 bloom data.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 14
  • closeup end wk 6.jpg
    closeup end wk 6.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 13
  • group shot end wk 6.jpg
    group shot end wk 6.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 10
day 52 flower

day 52 flower

Update for the ladies, everything looking so frosty and smelly.
Still think yield will suffer from trying for 2 tops instead of 1.

Will probably be chopping the day after thanksgiving as this
is a good time for me and will be 68 days of flower.

Thanks DarkHelmet and Aerokrafter for stopping by.

Attachments

• day 59 flower group.jpg
    day 59 flower group.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 10
  • end wk 7 data.jpg
    end wk 7 data.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 11
End wk 8 bloom

End wk 8 bloom

Well, everything is going along nicely. Ph still likes to drop below 5.2 but keep checking and adjusting back in range.

The frost is really coming on. Looks like if I brushed up against these girls I would just stick to them. Odor as usual is outrageous. Just hope these nugs fatten up.

Attachments

• end wk 8 bloom data.jpg
    end wk 8 bloom data.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 15
  • wk 8 closeup 2.jpg
    wk 8 closeup 2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 11
  • wk 8 closeup.jpg
    wk 8 closeup.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 10
  • end wk 8 bloom group.jpg
    end wk 8 bloom group.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 22
  • end wk 8 above.jpg
    end wk 8 above.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 9

pheen

thats a nice sized crop.... in my opinion its better to just bend and prune rather then topping plants, seems to have less stress on the moms and less recovery time also

plus you still produce more equally sized tops and all your notes and knowledge will really help fatten those nugs

looks awesome

End wk 9 Bloom

End wk 9 Bloom

Laides are starting to beef up alittle. Checked trics last night and most are cloudy.

Chop will come during the holidays. Backing off nutes and will only add ro water from here.

Frosty the snowman has arrived in my garden.

Attachments

• end wk 9 buds.jpg
    end wk 9 buds.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 9
  • end wk 9 close bud.jpg
    end wk 9 close bud.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 7
  • end wk 9 data.jpg
    end wk 9 data.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 13
hey bro great job on the grow....

since we are the ojnly ones that are using the round tubes i seek your knowledge!

How are your drains setup? I see the one picture that you have on there, but I tried firing up my system tonight and i have some major leaks comming from the thru-hull anchors...

Since the tubes are obviously round, the drain anchors are not able to sit flush with the round tube, just wondering how you got this to seal properly? lloks as though we are using the same or similar anchors, except mine have a 3/4 flex lines that are rouhgly 8" long that run back into the res...

PAny advice would be great....trying to use o-rings of different sizes to create a seal but no luck so far...

Again great show my friend...

ganja

Ganga, I just used aquarium caulking on the inside between the tube wall and the thru hull fitting. Before using the sealant I scuffed the tube surface (it is really slick) with some sandpaper to be sure it held. Just put a big bead around the edge of the hole and them inserted the thru hull fitting and tightened down, then let stand overnight. You may also try some thick foam rubber (like 1/2 inch) and make a gasket for the inside.

PS got aquarium caulk a walmart it is cheap. GL

Latest posts

Latest posts