What's new

BC Red Congo. anyone?

clearheaded

anyone run the red congo from BC? forget if it was refermans?

I have yet to try it but have a feeling it would be right up my alley. love to hear how it grows imagine fairly quick as is found regularly commercially from my understanding.

think its a congoXskunk if i am not mistaken? man wish i was from BC and could get that and sweetskunk

Fitzera

You could just email MJ at peak seeds and get his sweet skunk.

I also have a line on THE sweet skunk, breeder steves cut. Just havent pulled the trigger on it quite yet.

clearheaded

ya dont say outcold? lol

just super curious what flowering time is and yeilds I assume its only ~10 week with decent production on the red congo.

G

Unfortunately I've nothing to add, but interested in the conversation.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Check out RGS, we have Congo x Sweet skunk seeds.

Cgngo lines gets all muddled... if it's in BC it's been called both green & red Congo, also known as Robert's Creek Congo or Congolese.

You'll like the SS cross

-Chimera

T

TheForgotten

The Red Congo from Reeferman was very good, tasted nothing like Green Congolese but still great, more potent.
Check out RGS, we have Congo x Sweet skunk seeds.

Cgngo lines gets all muddled... if it's in BC it's been called both green & red Congo, also known as Robert's Creek Congo or Congolese.

You'll like the SS cross

-Chimera

Congolese/Sweetskunk from BC filled my room full of seeds as it was hermie-prone....

T

TheForgotten

The green/Robert's Creek Congo is the pure.. the red has NLxHaze or something x Haze in it...

Not sure if i've ever tasted or smelled any strain as nice as the green Congolese....

Lolo94

The green/Robert's Creek Congo is the pure.. the red has NLxHaze or something x Haze in it...

Reeferman's Red Congolese is Congolese x (Mexican*Afghani). It's a nice motivating high with only subtle indica (body) influence. I got a clone in 2011 that I crossed to a couple of my Swazi males.
Cross is my current "get up and go" strain.

clearheaded

The Red Congo from Reeferman was very good, tasted nothing like Green Congolese but still great, more potent.

Congolese/Sweetskunk from BC filled my room full of seeds as it was hermie-prone....

you mean fem seed run ;) happy accident

was it chimeras congoleseXSS? or both of those cuts u had? surprising as commercial cultivars with longer flower would have greater chance of seeding out so would think they wouldn't be commercial??

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran

From BC?

Not likely our seeds, I have not heard a single complain about intersex plants.

Where did you get your Congo x Sweet Skunk?

T

TheForgotten

you mean fem seed run ;) happy accident

was it chimeras congoleseXSS? or both of those cuts u had? surprising as commercial cultivars with longer flower would have greater chance of seeding out so would think they wouldn't be commercial??
My understanding is that it was the same.. Mine were seeds.

From BC?

Not likely our seeds, I have not heard a single complain about intersex plants.

Where did you get your Congo x Sweet Skunk?

No, not your seeds.... don't wanna imply that....

R & C were calling themselves Visioncreator seeds at the time. It was my understanding that this cross was being shared amongst 'you all' and they used it to cross with Kandahar.

clearheaded

:microwave::mopper:

well glad got that part sorted :) never heard anyone actually complain about chimeras gear ever.

maybe they were using a "wilder" congo.

I have a friend who goes often as his family was there and came as a child as a refuge to live with an adoptive family and attempts to go back and build schools etc. he has some pretty crazy stories from there. that being said I try and remind him to bring back seeds as spends his time in a boonies. works on cruse ships playing music now so has to work out he is coming to the great white north first.. anyhoo just have to give him pre payed letter with packaging set up as likely not first thing on his mind or worrying about carrying them. and assume they dont grow 100% sensi.

T

TheForgotten

The seeds i received were marked Sweetskunk x Congolese, and there were Sweetskunk x Congolese/Kandahar, both were hermie prone.
I also received the Sweetskunk cut (mother plant actually) that Green Mediocre had so i could play....

None of this had anything to do with Chimera

rykus

I grew a sweet skunk x Congo a guy on van isle made too... was a selected cut and I didn't have her hermie..didn't keep her long either though to be fair.

I like the pure Congo too if she's grown well..