What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

BC Purple Kush

TopShelfTrees

Trying to find that purple we held and made ridiculous stacks off of in the early 2000’s it was everywhere, then it wasn’t. I happen to have a pretty extensive library myself and many old school Canadian gems within as well as some of the best and rarest cuts available hands down.
Would also love to find Tom Ford, Chem 4 , Larry OG and SFV OG…. And mass super skunk is an absolute holy grail along with suge pure Kush .
Definitely can make it worthwhile if anyone has any of these. I’m in Ontario btw

little-soldier

Trying to find that purple we held and made ridiculous stacks off of in the early 2000’s it was everywhere, then it wasn’t. I happen to have a pretty extensive library myself and many old school Canadian gems within as well as some of the best and rarest cuts available hands down.
Would also love to find Tom Ford, Chem 4 , Larry OG and SFV OG…. And mass super skunk is an absolute holy grail along with suge pure Kush .
Definitely can make it worthwhile if anyone has any of these. I’m in Ontario btw
whatever you do dont buy from canadaclonesonline his genetics are fake, i spent 800$ and none of his strains were legit. also got spider mites and russet mites from him

Last edited by a moderator:

TopShelfTrees

whatever you do dont buy from canadaclonesonline his genetics are fake, i spent 800$ and none of his strains were legit. also got spider mites and russet mites from him
Damn ! I’ve seen his ads too, thanks for the heads up 👊🏻 that’s some BS !

Last edited by a moderator:

little-soldier

Damn ! I’ve seen his ads too, thanks for the heads up 👊🏻 that’s some BS !
same thing for onlineclones.ca I just received some of his cuts and they had powder mildew and what looked like mite/thrips damage. I didnt take any chance i just ditched them. He was kind enough to reimburse me. Gew his purple kush last year and it was just a cookie cross so his cuts are not legit either

TopShelfTrees

same thing for onlineclones.ca I just received some of his cuts and they had powder mildew and what looked like mite/thrips damage. I didnt take any chance i just ditched them. He was kind enough to reimburse me. Gew his purple kush last year and it was just a cookie cross so his cuts are not legit either
Sad…. All these guys taking advantage, and powdery mildew and/or mites on top. What a nightmare! Maybe it’s time I open up the library to fellow Canucks 🤔

i.love.scotch

Tom Ford! I have a story about that one.

A super small batch of "Tom Ford" rolled through the Green Cross on Main St, I think around 2015 or so. Like less than a pound. I only got a small sample myself then it was gone.

INTENSE mind numbing high. Literally staring at the wall drooling from one joint type of stuff which I don't state lightly since my tolerance was pretty high at the time. Had a look like a Cali OG (purple OG type sort of like Lindsay or Roji OG)

I'll never forget that batch.

After that, I found Tom Ford Pink was widely available on the market but its just a Pink Kush hybrid of some type and doesn't seem nearly the same. I've bought so much Tom Ford since that original batch looking for something like it but alas its all just Pinks.

I'll try to find a picture of it.

Edit: found one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240616_125136_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240616_125136_Instagram.jpg
    549.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

i.love.scotch

I have lived in BC for over 50 years consuming cannabis all this time and have not knowingly ever tried a BC Purple Kush, at least by your description. I need to get out more!
In my seed collection I have some Reeferman's Early Purple Kush and Kushberry cross from Peak but have never started either. Is it factual that higher tent temps have a negative outcome on Purple Kush and should be grown at lower temps?

I've heard that the "Sea of Green" Purple Kush that Peak Seeds used in their Kush crosses was a really really nice oldschool Purple Kush so you might get some really nice Blueberry Kush type bud out of those beans you've got!

Keep those well since Peak Seeds is no longer around!

And yes, some of the oldschool Purple Kush cuts grown around BC weren't actually very purple and needed cooler temps to bring out the colour.

It was always the joke when Purple Kush came around that it was usually green. There was one super piney, leathery, metallic smelling kind of Purple Kush cut that was sold a lot that I never saw to have any purple to the bud at all lol

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

420club
I've heard that the "Sea of Green" Purple Kush that Peak Seeds used in their Kush crosses was a really really nice oldschool Purple Kush so you might get some really nice Blueberry Kush type bud out of those beans you've got!

And yes, some of the oldschool Purple Kush cuts grown around BC weren't actually very purple and needed cooler temps to bring out the colour.

It was always the joke when Purple Kush came around that it was usually green. There was one super piney, leathery, metallic smelling kind of Purple Kush cut that was sold a lot that I never saw to have any purple to the bud at all lol
I keep all my seeds cool and dry.

JetLife175

Veteran
Ahh the new purple haze, except indica... so it doesn't take 90-120 days to finish.

If it purples, you can probably trace its heritage to Afghanistan or Thailand. Probably Afghanistan if its predominately indica.

I do know for a fact that purple eurkle, grand daddy purple and the purps (Mendocino cut, not that seed ripoff) are up there and in NorCal, the "purple kush" out of SR-71 (the one that almost everyone has in america) is actually purple eurkle or one of its hybrids; I can't prove that, but I fucking guarantee it.
Nope.
Urkle and sr71 are completely different plants. I've grown both and can 100% say they are different.

little-soldier

There were 2 cuts of purple kush back then and while one was not purple at all the other had all leafs turn dark purple to black in late flower. They both tasted very similar but the green pheno yiellded a bit better

MrKushman247

Any idea the lineage on the “coffee cut” it’s almost identical to the garberville and im wondering if it was just renamed along the way?
Whatever is going around as the Garberville ain't it. Grew it from 2008 til 2020. Had a couple supposed Garberville after that and they definitely weren't the same just renames. I got a pk now it's good but its not the garberville. Was a sad day when I lost her.

mikey-GS-

Just curious if any has the SR-71 purple kush? or the Garbeville for trade? or can point me in the right direction, thanks!

Latest posts

Latest posts