What's new

BC Grapefruit

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are some pictures since obviously results speak more than words. ;)

First is the SPG clone from a member here named Fifty Seeds who flowered it out this was at like 8 weeks he posted these in my forum previously..

picture.php

picture.php

Here are the Swt #4 IBL from the first test grower who just finished them, props to Duke of Grapefruits (mugenbao) for a job well done! He grew all them in organic soil under just 400 watts of HID! :tiphat:

8 weeks flower budshot at harvest

picture.php

7 weeks flower, half the garden (this is only like 2 plants shown they were topped early)

picture.php

:smoke out:

G

Guest 224837

Thanks for the info but like my post earlier said I'm not looking for an inbred version of what someone thinks the spg is like I want seeds from the original plant. I'm sure the ones you are trying to sell are grapefruity but I want seeds from the original spg clone so I don't think yours are what I am looking for.

I grew sweet tooth #3 years ago and overall it was pretty shitty. Nice smells the preflowering was a pain in the ass and they were really prone to mold. So if it is true that the #3 and #4 have the same father and the #3 was from a grapefruit mother and it still was so bad I don't think I'll be interested in the #4 either.

G

Guest 150314

if your in the lower mainland you should be able to find the original clone fairly easily. a lot of people are still cash cropping grapefruit in BC but most of them don't let it go long enough.

you seem confused the swt 3,4, and gf x bb all use the same grapefruit clone as the mom the only difference between the 3 are different males used. i agree with your conclusion on the swt 3 being pretty shitty, the mould and preflowering come from the grapefruit genetics so you may be dissapointed with the clone.

G

Guest 224837

I know a local guy who sells clones but they no longer have it in the rotation its all kush this kush that.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seeds from the original SPG clone = other genetics in the mix

You need to buy the GF x BB and make F2's to pheno hunt :tiphat:

Even so genetically speaking they will be even farther away from the SPG in pure form than something that is already backcrossed to the clone several times. ;)

Or find the local GF clone that is definitely there in Vancouver which hopefully is still straight SPG like it was in the 90's.

No matter what you do the ones that are most SPG or the clone itself will have autoflower issues when rootbound unless it's worked and bred out over several generations with selection from plants that don't show the trait this includes males & females. That takes time and is a pain in the ass, even after 5 gens working with Swt #4 half of them roughly will autoflower if rootbound but that trait also is the same one that helps it come in early outside & beat rot/molds if you are lucky. There is alot of Grapefruit around here and I am sure you will eventually find what you are looking for. Good luck brother & much love! :)

G

Guest 150314

when you have 50 posts PM me, if you have a doctors recommendation try asking at the dispensaries or compassion clubs in Vancouver someone should be able to help you. It's not hoarded.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats

And when you grow it, top it out early so it has smaller cola's and not that big dense top cola, feed it plenty of potassium silicate (Dynagro Protekt works great), use a medium that is slightly alkaline with plenty of Calcium and don't grow it outside you should be just fine :joint:

You do seem to be asking for something though that is exactly what you are saying you had problems with in the past (autoflowering). Swt #3, #4 are almost SPG in a seed but with the added medicinal effects from the BB father as little of it as there may be left in there after all the backcrossing. I love the Tooth, I used to hold the SPG clone myself and grew it many times years ago but it was not as potent as the Swt #4 maybe because of the further selections Steve did when he made that last version so just saying don't base everything off some old #3 you grew out years ago I don't even know where you got that #3 from or if it was just a bad coin toss with phenos, etc. Many people have excellent results and very awesome frosty potent plants of the Tooth line it's legendary for good reason not just the big yields, great aroma, excellent bag appeal and being easy to grow. Not the most potent but not weak either, I always say it's a 7/10 with a very good quality buzz great for anxiety & as a general happy social smoke for those who don't like the zippy trippy oh my God my heart is gonna pop out of my chest racy stuff and the people who don't want to get knocked out and go to sleep. It's more of a happy balanced Sat/Indica. If you want the knock you out super potent couchlock pick up one of those Kush clones it won't autoflower on you either if you try to keep a mother in a little tiny container. :canabis:

G

Guest 224837

thanks greenmango I will be in touch when I can.

sotf please man I'm not interested in your sweet tooth knock off crosses I thought I made it clear in my above posts that I'm not looking for knockoffs. I'm looking for seeds that came from a grapefruit mother so you don't need to send me any more messages about your products in private. Seriously man you come across like a pushy salesman and I really don't like salesmen telling me what I want. I know what - I want grapefruit seeds. Thanks for the input but it's not what i am looking for no matter how much you think it is. Simply not interested so if all you are here to do is push your sweet tooth seeds please keep it to another thread. thanx

G

Guest 224837

if your in the lower mainland you should be able to find the original clone fairly easily. a lot of people are still cash cropping grapefruit in BC but most of them don't let it go long enough.

you seem confused the swt 3,4, and gf x bb all use the same grapefruit clone as the mom the only difference between the 3 are different males used. i agree with your conclusion on the swt 3 being pretty shitty, the mould and preflowering come from the grapefruit genetics so you may be dissapointed with the clone.

I am on the lower mainland and in my group there used to be a lot of different cuttings but nowadays everybody is growing kush because that is all the buyers want. Most buyers I know won't even look at anything that is not kush so there is no point in growing anything else really. I want this stuff for my head and day smoke because it worked well for my state of mind and I never got too noided out or zonked.

I've done a lot of reading in the last few days on grapefruit (icmag has lots of info!) but I think you are actually confused on the lineages of the sweet tooths greenmango the #4 was not from a sweet pink grapefruit mother. The mother was from a seedling grown from the #3.

This is why I say I don't want the #4 because the sweet tooth #3 was spg clone x sweet tooth #2. This same father plant sweet tooth #2 was used to pollinate a sweet tooth #3 plant. If that father crossed to the spg and made it the weak sweet tooth #3 that it is, I don't know how a plant from sweet tooth #3 crossed to the same father will make more grapefruit plants.

G

Guest 150314

I did not know that, where did you read that? I always thought that each generation was suggesting a subsequent back cross to the grapefruit mom.

I'm in the same boat as you Ins, been after S1's of the strain for years as I live in Australia and getting a clone sent over alive would be difficult, getting one alive and past customs... I'd be playing roulette without a fucking ball. I've been through the tooths and due to what I have experienced I'm a really big fan of them but I still see threads like this one and I automatically zoom in, hoping the threads about someone who's doing an S1 run. I mean if there are people on this board holding it why not make a cheapo CS generator, grow 2 plants, reverse one and put the seeds up on the bay. I'd buy at least a few packs. I also hear you on the Kush thing, everything is a Kush now, Diesel Kush, Cheese Kush, KushKush... the list goes on and most seedbanks should just have 2 sections 80% of the beans go in the Kush section then everything else sits in the minority. It will pass in a year, just like anything that's advertised or overhyped someone will find something new to push and they'll fade into the background. I think your misunderstanding SOTF though, he's just very, very passionate about the SwT lines just as you or I am about finding S1's of the SPG. He's not trying to sell anything trust me, he's like this all the time and frankly I think it's great to have someone around with such a deep knowledge of the line. I really hope you find what you seek, your chances are much higher than mine so just keep at it and you'll find what you're looking for. Best of luck mate.

sotf please man I'm not interested in your sweet tooth knock off crosses I thought I made it clear in my above posts that I'm not looking for knockoffs. I'm looking for seeds that came from a grapefruit mother so you don't need to send me any more messages about your products in private. Seriously man you come across like a pushy salesman and I really don't like salesmen telling me what I want. I know what - I want grapefruit seeds. Thanks for the input but it's not what i am looking for no matter how much you think it is. Simply not interested so if all you are here to do is push your sweet tooth seeds please keep it to another thread. thanx

I've been on this site reading alot and searching alot about Grapefruit and I came across sotf420 many times... but he's one of the most passionated breeders about SWT and the grapefruit taste i've ever seen. I'm pretty sure they are no knockoffs and if a person breeds for many years to get the community back, what they are looking for (grapefruity godness), even his post don't contain the information you were looking for, give this man the respect he deserves.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
so the dude wants seeds from a clone-only strain, then he brushes off someone who happens to know more than most people about its origin and genetic makeup AND is willing to repeatedly post info just to be helpful...

...good luck there fella!

T

THE TROOPER

soft420 gave you your best option in post #4.......chimera's spg x bb is very grapefruit dominant and what you seek could be in there if you know how and where to look for it!

good luck in your search :tiphat:

TT :ying:

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Edgy topic... ;)

Despite some of the attitude you've had directed at you insider for a pretty simple question, there is some truth to what has been posted here already.

Let me put it this way... you won't find the SPG in seed form anywhere, it's simply not possible with conventional seeds. The SPG is a highly heterozygous and polymorphic hybrid plant. This FACT makes it incredibly difficult for a breeder to stabilize into a reliable and accurate representation of the original clone in seed form.

This is the reason (more accurately, part of the reason) the past attempts by various seedmakers to put it into seed form failed.... from SOLs Swt #3, Fed's Mikado, Next gen's Dynamite and Reeferscam's 'Grapefruit'.... at least Fed and Next Gen had the integrity to never have claimed it to be SPG in seed form.

None of them produced SPG is seed form because repeated backcrosses to a heterozygous plant always produces more heterozygosity. The breeding strategies used by these seedmakers was doomed to fail... sure you can get a population composed purely or almost purely of the genetics of the original plant, however them being identical genetically with the original plant, consistently, is near impossible... in fact for all practical intents and purposes, it IS impossible.

As far as S1's from the SPG... good luck with that. The GF has a 'wet' pollen phenotype when staminate flowers are induced via hormone interference techniques like using Silver Thiosulfate, Stamen~It! etc. Some pollen is produced but won't "fly"... you have to go digging into the flower to retrieve any... so it's not a viable technique for producing commercial quantities of seed, and thus I doubt you will see SPG S1's on the market anytime soon, despite promises from others who have not attempted to make the seeds. :rolleyes: You certainly won't be able to induce useable amounts of pollen from colloidal silver treatment... I don't know why people even try to use this technique it is so minimally effective.

Lastly, if they even were able to produce S1 seed from SPG... very few if any of the resulting plants would truly resemble the SPG, again due to the heterozygous nature of the plant.

I read you don't like the hard sell insider, so here's a soft pitch... the GFxBB from our stock is pretty much as close as you will get to finding a SPG dominant plant from today's seed market. I think in many regards, they are better. They are less prone to rot, and I have had no problems with them auto-flowering. If these don't suit you, I suggest doing your best to look around the lower mainland and find the SPG... she is still held by as few growers who buck the kush trend.

If you have no luck, check in with the VSB in January... and ask if Chimera has dropped of any of his samples from the 'new top secret project'. I expect them to be ready for retail release sometime around then... it might give you an opportunity to get a few things you've not been able to find before on the LM.

Hope that helps,
-Chimera

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Oh and Captainshitacular... the GF is extremely prone to mold, so if a grower experinces mold on this plant and not others in their garden... I would certainly say that "it is not their fault". I've lost entire tunnels to mold in humid fall conditions.

It's too bad OG and CW are gone, that way you could go back to the archives and see unequivocally for yourself that many, many, many growers ditched the highly hyped Swt#3 after a single run due to the mold problems and severe autoflowering that was not selected against during the breeding program.

You may have found some great plants within, I am not contesting that... but to say that the line is not prone to mold or severe autoflowering is simply not true.

I have the same question for you as with all of the other thousands and thousands of Swt #3 growers... if she is so good and such an elite specimen, where is she now - and why did you (and almost everybody else) let her go? Proportionally, with the number of seeds sold during the Swt #3 releases, if she was such an elite you would still see people growing her.

-Chimera

stevefrench

great post chimera!!

grapefruit used to flood the market but it disappeared (for the most part) after a few years, thank goodness. Its kind of funny to see it getting hyped up, I have seen a few nice crosses... and blueberry goes good with a lot of things :) any magic in sweet tooth comes from blueberry not grapefruit imo

it smells nice and has a decent buzz that is relaxing but nothing special. not the type of plant I want to smoke in a joint, the extracts are decent though. was glad to see it make way for the kushes

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good info coming from Chimera absolutely no doubt about it and I agree the Swt #3 did have autoflowering issues (from the SPG) I have it narrowed down to half my mothers not showing this trait now (and the stud male did not have it either at least visibly) and in the future it should get bred out with even further selection. They can come in handy outdoors though for earlier flowering. Good to see we can have peace & love around here even if the OP was likely fishing to begin with ;)

SPG
Swt #3
Swt #4
GFx BB
all crosses thereof and various recombinations of do have a certain sweet something you won't likely find anywhere else. There is frosty magical goodness to be found in those Grapefruits :)

Much love, keep it Grapefruity! :smoke out:

By the way, :bow: SWEET TOOTH rules FTW! :bigeye: :biggrin:

Green Supreme

Veteran
Steve French sounds like you never got to try real Grapefruit taken to 10 weeks and flushed properly. That would put you in the same category as the other 99% buying commercial Grapefruit chopped at 6 weeks. Grapefruit is an awesome strain when folks take the time to finish her properly. Ain't the plant messin up, its the growers. Peace GS

Latest posts

Latest posts