What's new

BBC Documentary looking to speak to the cannabis community

It`s a shame the Q was`nt answered (post 38 page 3) i may have looked a lot more into this , i have read the entire thread & have a feeling that any documentary will not show our true passion for this beautiful plant & the stupidity of the laws against MJ in this country . The best place for that is on sites like C I .
I have to agree with VerdantGreen here

I have been close to MJ for 40yrs & still hope i have the ability to plug in a vaporiser when i`m too old to scratch my own balls & only my own security will achive that , i will not be any TV player .
Even if this doc: is made there will be no guerilla/outdoor grows shown so it can only be a Half Doc .

Stay green & safe .

Thanks MJ. We can avoid revealing identities on screen and locations as well. We do want the people with passion to have their views represented but I kind of disagree that a site like CI is the best place for it. You surely are only making your views known to other like minded people. At least this documentary will be reaching a range of people. In my opinion anyway.

rocket high

Veteran
What do you mean a contract? I am staff at the BBC so yes I do work under a contract. Sorry rocket not sure what your getting at.

When i said do you have a contract i ment us as a nation of licence payers my mistake ..you no doubt have a contract for your employment Bart .

But we blindly pay for a TV Licence with no contract from the bbc ,
just a threatning letter telling you you have to pay up or face the courts , i thought we lived in a democracy when we clearly don't ..

Its so sad imo.

I think, and by no means don't quote me on this, that when you pay for a TV licence that is your contract. Like I say I am no expert but thats possibly right.

rocket high

Veteran
We have no choice in the matter ... it's a dictatorship pure and simple . Im way off topic now sorry ...

How do we undo 60 odd years of government lies about cannabis in one documentary aimed at the youth on BBC3 it would need to a series on BBC1 that runs for a year for everybody to see so they can finally relise the real truth ..but that wont happen in a thousand years.
So this might just be a schedule filler for the bbc imo

rocket high

Veteran
it depends on how it's depicted by you guys on the bbc ... dont make the mistake's the other documentary makers have made previously-(e.g) using govenment statistics which are pie in the sky. We need the majority to see it not the minority imo

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
Is it not better for one person to see it and make up their own mind from it than nobody at all?

yeah-of course it is. Don't be so negative , guys, what is this- UK420? (i take that back-sort of). The main weapon in the War on Drugs (we are winning btw) is the tabloid media type manipulation of the gen public-this guy's at least offering to give 'us' a voice. Sure you may get stitched up in the edit a bit-and your views will be balanced by an angry mother out of her mind with grief-but it won't be that bad.
As for security-the Beeb don't hand smalltime enthusiasts over to the Stazi. As for being filmed-you'll have to do the siluette routine with a Gerry Adams style voice over
it's not going to do any harm to call the guy and see what the deal is.

i'm the wrong demographic

eddieS

rocket high

Veteran
Your an intelligent guy Eddie why dont you call him... you sound all for it ...and your grow looks big enough to satisfy Bart :).

Rootball

It would be interesting to see a documentary look at the reality of what's available in the streets of the UK. I have grown for a while now but I have to say my main motivation to do so was the emergence of what's available on the streets.

It can look like hash, smells slightly like it, probably contains at least a little of it but is mixed with god knows what. When this stuff is smoked it tastes vile and burns oddly. I've heard rumours of the sort of stuff contained in this gear but it'd be great to see a documentary that actually had a good look into what it is.

Like I said, I grow my own and it's mainly to avoid using that crap. I think a lot of folk that grow do so for that same reason. Higher risk for the individual in terms of law penalty but possibly lower risk in terms of health.

T

thepike1984

Doc-U-Maker are you going to give the individuals who take part the chance to view the documentary before it is aired so they can have an input on the finnished edit? Im worried that no matter what any of the people involved have to say about cannabis, when it comes to editing the footage, BBC will do what there good at and twist the truth to suit there belief.

S

Stray

Hi Stray,

We are not going to be doing undercover filming so people will know when we are and are not filming. Also just because other people will be helping to make this docuemntary does not mean they are going to hand people over to the police. Couldn't be further from the truth. Also they won't know people's names and addresses so not sure what they could do.

I know there are worries out there for people and understand this but all we are trying to do is give voice to people that don't often get one on television. Lets hope people do come forward and everyone's happy with the final doc.

If anyone does want to chat in private with no details kept, you know you can always call me.

Bart

Hi Bart

It was not my intention to come across overly negative but in all honesty this IS just another documentary to you and can't see this subject really meaning much to you in a short while in all honesty...but listen i've worked with Lulu,Blue and four other people so we're talking creme de la creme....sooo try not to continue that grand tradition of making a yarn into a simple tale o' heartbreak for all of our sakes :thank you: thank god i no longer live in the pooh k

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
...but listen i've worked with Lulu,Blue and four other people so we're talking creme de la creme....

Stray-i'm guessing that you're some sort of hairdresser? you're not that bloke with designer stubble called Nikki are you? What was Lulu REALLY like?

S

Stray

What was Lulu REALLY like?

if you kind of near enough closed your eyes she looked like Bo Derek but short,erm i am struggling here it was a while ago...but you know she'll take the high road and the low road with no complaining. :tiphat:

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
You guys should watch some American news reporting some time...

I find that the BBC special reports, as an American, to be some of the most fascinating and controversial stuff anywhere in the world.

As long as your anonymity is kept, help these guys out to make a kick ass documentary...I know I will be tuning it.

I would do it, but I am being interviewed by Steven Hager later on tonight for Hard Talk...

Just kidding, but I really do love that show.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
if you kind of near enough closed your eyes she looked like Bo Derek but short,erm i am struggling here it was a while ago..
you mean she looked like a granny-fair play-only joking about the hairdresser thing:dance013:

Mud Man

Sumthink Stinks
Veteran
:tiphat: Glad i found this thread,, The Exodus Doc was a great watch. they were really trying to do a great thing. That young politician dude scared me. So young, he was visible fighting his heart the whole way through. The exodus leader was so smart and so kind.
i wonder how many BBC employees run home on a hot day?
i wonder how many BBC employees go home and light up a fattie or hit a bowl.?
i wonder how many BBC employees generate their own medicine in Tents and rooms.?

i wonder how many would want to come forward for this DOC?

I like the Idea of a DOC showing Rife Cocaine use at the BBC.. as mentioned earlier..

BART.
., i wish you luck. You must wonder why you have to make such a fuss over a plant.

Imagine all this Red tape if you wanted to do a DOC on the growing of 'Tomatoes'

This is crazy, i hope that this Doc will help for the

REMOVAL OF THESE RIDICULOUS LAWS WORLDWIDE.

My Life My Choice... Free the Herb

S

Stray

:tiphat:
i wonder how many BBC employees run home on a hot day!
i wonder how many BBC employees go home and light up a fattie or hit a bowl.
i wonder how many BBC employees generate their own medicine in Tents and rooms.
i wonder how many would want to come forward for this DOC

I like the Idea of a DOC showing Rife Cocaine use at the BBC.. as mentioned earlier..

BART.
., i wish you luck. You must wonder why you have to make such a fuss over a plant.

Imagine all this Red tape if you wanted to do a DOC on the growing of 'Tomatoes'

This is crazy, i hope that this Doc will help for the
REMOVAL OF THESE RIDICULOUS LAWS.

My Life My Choice... Free the Herb

nice Mud :) whats up bro?

Eddie..no stress bro :) that 'bouquet/wire' drama you headlined was absolute toilet...what the fuck were you thinking?