What's new

BBC Documentary looking to speak to the cannabis community

C

cheesey

bart in your first post why do u ask for young people ? not all smokers are young . im in my mid 30s and been smoking for 20 odd yrs plus due to having Irritable Bowel Syndrome .

If someone would make that kind of flick in Germany I'd be absolutely in.

I know the media lies and everything but without action there will never be the slightest change in this stupid war-on-recreational-herbs. We need the media in to show the real face of our plant. From a distance BBC looks pretty decent to me btw and they have quite an audience.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Pretty sure that Edwin Stratton would be only too happy to discuss cannabis on camera for this docu, the test will be if they actually include him in this docu.

No problem Bart, but that rules me out from any part in your docu as there is no way I would be willing to risk my security in that way.

One line written by you Bart in your online description of your time in lovat fields, is slightly concerning:

"In these situations you need to film around these events so you get the information in a way that is palatable to the viewer."

Given the perceptions of the average member of the UK, largely created by the huge volumes of cash spent by govt. agencies on propoganda, I struggle to see how a possitive light could be shed on cannabis in a way that is palatable to the viewer.

Also I realise that you are doing the rounds, and dont have time to read every thread on every board, but could we ask you to read this one thread, and ask if you will be making any inclusion to the admission that the reason that cannabis is illegal is due to historical cultural values rather than scientific evidence on its harm.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123385

Cheers for the link GMT. We are hoping to have a historical look near the start of the doc.

By palatable for the viewer in that sense I was indicating that if we miss something in someones life we need to film it something that brings that missed day to life rather than just some text on screen. Does that make sense? I think I may have used the palatable word to sound more intelligent!!

It was more to do with editorial decisions from what I could see.

Nice attempt to turn it to making an argument for getting people to participate in your piece, though. ;)

Sadly i'm not that bright!! Seriously, it just seems to be the experiences I have come across trying to make this documentary. Hopefully we will get people coming forward though.

bart in your first post why do u ask for young people ? not all smokers are young . im in my mid 30s and been smoking for 20 odd yrs plus due to having Irritable Bowel Syndrome .

Being on BBC Three means the majority of wathchers are under 34 so we just want to make sure they have their voice heard. We are not ruling out anyone though.

Hope this answers your q

HI People,

Sorry to crash and burn so soon for the evening but I need to go home and eat and then watch my team probably lose in the football. I can feel the hate from all football haters out there already!!!

Spurs Vs. Arsenal

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
given that you yourself are relatively young, and are asking others to put themselves in the spotlight with regards to illegal activities, may we ask what your own experiences with cannabis have been?

hamstring

Veteran
Doc-U
Plenty of guerillas and back yard growers here not sure if your only looking for growers from Britain or just feedback in general?

Also I suggest you get to know a few growers via the forum ask questions get replies etc. Just 2 cents not sure what you are looking for.

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
hey Dr
I think this would be up your street
I've spoke to Bart on the phone today, if its what he says I see it as worth it
I'm prepared to take part and have my say if it comes to it, I'm here to try to get the word out
if this was Holland we wouldn't even be discussing it

smokeymacpot

Veteran
i can give a written account of what its like for me? i could probably write the whole show for you tho :\
it would be nice to undo the "skunk causes mental illness, its not like the stuff you smoked in the 60's" lines the government use, 60's sativa weed is higher in thc=more anxiety.

rocket high

Veteran
why does he not go to his nearest college or uni and follow his nose ...this would be easier than trying to persuade people on here to do it -people here deliberately hide there identities for obvious reasons . just a thought ;)

hanuman

we would like to cover is people who are passionate about growing and take this outdoors either in Guerrilla style or maybe closer to home.

We will be filming later in the year.

Interesting project for sure, especially if you intend it to be objective, but have you thought that the outdoor growing season you're interested in is about to finish? "Later in the year" has to be between may/june and october.

h :ying:

given that you yourself are relatively young, and are asking others to put themselves in the spotlight with regards to illegal activities, may we ask what your own experiences with cannabis have been?

GMT

To be honest I would not want my previous experiences to cloud your judgement on what sort of documentary you think will be made. I really am not trying to hide anything just simply think this is the best approach.

Hope you understand this.

B

Blue

The last docu the BBC made was utter pussy shit, the presenter was shite. you could tell he wanted to say something but if he sat on the fence any longer he would have spent the next 10 years taking the splinters out of his arse!!!!!

I hope not to see the usual inbreed tracky wearing chav " I love da weed man" yeah bruv. This is the image that the media portray of us when in fact many of us are in high paid & respected jobs.

Any one that does take part make sure they protect your ID & dont take them any where near your work.

Best of luck with this I HOPE to see a true refelction of cannabis in modern Britan not the normal bollocks.

Doc-U
Plenty of guerillas and back yard growers here not sure if your only looking for growers from Britain or just feedback in general?

Also I suggest you get to know a few growers via the forum ask questions get replies etc. Just 2 cents not sure what you are looking for.

Hi Hamstring,

Yes we are looking to film with people in Britain only sadly. Money doesn't look like it will stretch to foriegn fields!

Where are you based?