What's new

Bat Guano or Fish Bone Meal for Flowering?

Scrappy4

Veteran
I think sometime those of us new to (or still learning about) organic soil "Just want to make sure" we have enough nutrients for the plants to finish properly.

What, I think, Xmo was alluding to is, a proper soil mix, and balanced feeding eliminates the need/desire/obsession for pk, or n for that matter.

Natural organic fertilizers, especially plant based fertilizers, can and ussually do have much more than a simple npk. Kelp meal, alfalfa meal and comfrey have literally hundreds of beneficial compounds. And they are more readily available than say 12/12/12 fertilizers or bat guano for that matter.

The folks who use these type of fertlizers of course know this (Xmo, father earth) and find chasing pk humorous.

FatherEarth

Veteran
I think sometime those of us new to (or still learning about) organic soil "Just want to make sure" we have enough nutrients for the plants to finish properly.

A 20$ soil test from Logan labs will save you the guess work. I'm not trying tosound like a dick. It's just a bottle feeding mentality to think every stage of growth needs to be adding something to your plant. The soil is fully capable of storing every last nutrient you need for some of the best cannabis you can grow if you build it right. Just add water. Im not an organic snob click trying to make you feel lessor for not knowing any better or holding on to canna bottle feeding mentality. I forget a lot of us are scarred from the experience of being organically bullied by the ROLS gangsters.. My apologies.

Respectfully,

FE

R

Robrites

Worry and Want

Worry and Want

What, I think, Xmo was alluding to is, a proper soil mix, and balanced feeding eliminates the need/desire/obsession for pk, or n for that matter.

Natural organic fertilizers, especially plant based fertilizers, can and ussually do have much more than a simple npk. Kelp meal, alfalfa meal and comfrey have literally hundreds of beneficial compounds. And they are more readily available than say 12/12/12 fertilizers or bat guano for that matter.

The folks who use these type of fertlizers of course know this (Xmo, father earth) and find chasing pk humorous.

I think I have pretty good soil this year. It is definitely alive and well. I think I look for insurance...

Jhhnn

Veteran
A 20$ soil test from Logan labs will save you the guess work. I'm not trying tosound like a dick. It's just a bottle feeding mentality to think every stage of growth needs to be adding something to your plant. The soil is fully capable of storing every last nutrient you need for some of the best cannabis you can grow if you build it right. Just add water. Im not an organic snob click trying to make you feel lessor for not knowing any better or holding on to canna bottle feeding mentality. I forget a lot of us are scarred from the experience of being organically bullied by the ROLS gangsters.. My apologies.

Respectfully,

FE

Agreed about the soil. A guy I'd never met except to talk on the phone (Eighths-n-aces) brought me an excellent recipe, even the fixings, helped me begin to understand the whole microherd concept. I'm deeply in his debt.

Using blumats, which he also recommended, the results are far superior to my previous efforts. Freaking amazing, to tell the truth. I'll post harvest pics in the cantaloupe skunk thread when I harvest Friday. They got some aerated ewc tea a couple of times & a kelp tea a couple of weeks ago & I really didn't need either one. Just water.

He's apparently had a few run-ins with the gangsters himself.

C

CheifnBud2

I have noticed growing organically over the years that the mission is not to pump the plant and flush the nutrients from it such as the method with chemical ferts. The idea is to give the plant just enough nutrients for it to thrive and mimic an ideal natural environment. If you have the base components in your soil for a healthy plant and give it water the microherd will do more than enough of the work for you. Adding foliar and topfeeding are just methods to make sure the microherd is fed and breaking down the right things at the right times. Flushing is not a thing really with organics.

All in all, if you gave your soil the right things i would not worry about keeping the plants in a state of "feeding".

Betterhaff

Veteran
Anybody ever used liquid bone meal (0-12-0)? Supposedly it doesn’t attact critters but just wondered if anybody has any experience.

Scrappy4

Veteran

Respectfully,

FE

That is simular to my thinking. Just take care of the soil, with a diverse soil mix, and feed a diverse mix of organic teas. In my case its mostly plant based teas. And most important good compost/castings.

Two things I look at for refference are traditional organic farming and nature. Neither depend on bottle feeding. Both tell me the plants know what to do, if you give them good choices and don't kill them.

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
I have noticed growing organically over the years that the mission is not to pump the plant and flush the nutrients from it such as the method with chemical ferts. The idea is to give the plant just enough nutrients for it to thrive and mimic an ideal natural environment. If you have the base components in your soil for a healthy plant and give it water the microherd will do more than enough of the work for you. Adding foliar and topfeeding are just methods to make sure the microherd is fed and breaking down the right things at the right times. Flushing is not a thing really with organics.

All in all, if you gave your soil the right things i would not worry about keeping the plants in a state of "feeding".

here here...:good:

C

CheifnBud2

... not every plant in nature is provided with perfect conditions..

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Anyone use or tried, Age Old Organics Dry Fruit its 2-10-20 with 1% calcium it says. I was wondering if i can use this stuff on outdoor plants throughout the entire flowering cycle. Ill probably water every 3 watering with it along with compost tea. Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts