What's new

Basic LED Battens

Twitter

Ok... looking to replace my Big T5 fluorescent unit with some LED battens. I know there's lots of variability in quality re` LED fittings and just want a bit of feedback on these.

They'll be used for rooting clones, then just starting them growing, before the main Veg area. Their main purpose is the cloning process and the period just after.

Unless advised otherwise, I'll be using 2 battens per propagator, each prop measuring just over a meter/3ft long and a couple of foot wide.

There will be 3 props stacked on top of each other on a shelving unit, with the battens fixed to the bottom of each shelf. Most of you will have seen similar setups before and know what I mean.

I'll be looking to daisy chain the 6 lights so the prop unit has 1 plug.

In a nutshell, what are your opinions on these lights that I'm looking at... Are they the best option for the price?

Batten1

[URL="https://www.any-lamp.co.uk/philips-coreline-wt120c-led-batten-waterproof-150cm-4000k-led60s-replaces-2x58w[/URL]

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
They're quite long. 4' is a lot more common, so a more competitive market, and more in line with your props length.

Can't you just relamp what you have now with retrofit led tubes?

Twitter

I can yes, but doing that with the t5 led tubes is quite expensive. Would be better to use new T8 led tubes and link them.