What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Basement Organic Patch

EllieGrows

Veteran
Growing here in peat, worm perlite various ammends, and Earth Juice. This has been a year with a lot of learning. Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way.

tumblr_mgkvxrCtAV1ru0uypo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_mgkvxrCtAV1ru0uypo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_mgkvxrCtAV1ru0uypo1_1280.jpg

Fou

Nice setup m8!!
Healthy plants too!!
But why their stems is so thin??I think that ur medium u are growing in is ur problem!!I definetly reccomend u to try another growing medium!!
With that space and equipement u can yield double or triple u yield now!
Change ur medium!Thats my suggestion!!Hope u do it!!
Wish u luck!!

EllieGrows

Veteran
Growing abusive og, shire (sssdh), indiana bubblegum, and schrom (columbian gold X romulan). Looking to do some more training and vegging, not quite filling out my pots at this point.

EllieGrows

Veteran
Thanks for stopping in and showing yalls support.

nice flowers, I like how they grow.

Looks great! What strains do you have going?

Nice setup m8!!
Healthy plants too!!
But why their stems is so thin??I think that ur medium u are growing in is ur problem!!I definetly reccomend u to try another growing medium!!
With that space and equipement u can yield double or triple u yield now!
Change ur medium!Thats my suggestion!!Hope u do it!!
Wish u luck!!

Granger2

Veteran
Wlliegrows,
Very, very nice. I use EJ also, and find that adding silicon is helpful. I use 1/2- 1 tsp/gal of Botanicare Silica Blast. Sturdier stems, less staking. Keep up the good work. I bet them's some tasty buds. Good luck. -granger

EllieGrows

Veteran
So the question is does adding Si make the flowers more woody? I will fully admit that I dont understand the numbers or total purpose behind the formulation of the ammendments i'm using and Si might be taken care of there and I'm just not making use of it in my 'culture'. I believe peat does not offer a lot of Si. I read this article about addition of silica in flower production, and some threads here, im still not sold. It seems to make bigger flowers, but maybe reduce the surface area of the calyx? Anyone have any input of how this affects flowers with fused calyx versus not?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...IxgEGr8dOMi374A&bvm=bv.41018144,d.cGE&cad=rja