What's new

Barney's LSD X 3 & Dinafem's Cheese X 1 (my 2nd grow)

Hi

Im at my 2nd grow, been a while from my first one. I decided on Barneys LSD cause i heard a lot of great things about this plants.

I got 3 seeds, soaked them in a cup of water for about 16 hours then i germinated them via wet paper towels. They were very fast, in 24 hours they all ready had germinated, planted them in soda cups and in another 24 hours they sprouted.

I kept my girls few days in those cups and after, i transplanted them in 4 litre pots. At 17 days their roots could be seen through the holes of the pots so i transplanted them in 18 liter pots, this will be their permanent house.

At 21 days i tried to FIM them, although i have cut 90% of the top, the main stem continued to grow so i had to do another cut so now i dont know for sure how many main stems i'll have(i'll post pics of the cut location in the evening).

My triplet girls are now 4 weeks old and they are under 250w MH for now.

I have some pics till their third week and later i will upload some more that i will shoot in the evening. Im blown away how fast this plants started to grow and what leafs have now at 4th week.

If anyone have grown this strain please let me know your thoughts on the plant and smoke.

7 days old in 4 liter pots

14 days old in 4 liter pots

21 days old in 18 liter pots(their permanent house) & 1 week old Cheese

At my first grow i did very well with 250w in flower but i had just 2 plants. Im now planing a 400w for flowering period.
I have this 3 LSD and a Cheese plant from Dinafem (see the smaller pot in pics bellow) that was a freebie seed. She is growing very slowly, at a moment i thought that i will loose that plant but seems to regain growth but i never seen such a slow growing weed plant, dunno whats the problem, she's 2 weeks behind the LSD

Ok so bellow i have some more pics from their week 4.

4 weeks old LSD and 2 weeks Cheese on the bottom right

4 weeks old incredible big leaves

1 week old cut location(i think i'll have 4 main stems)

P.S. I will update with pics Thursday at their 5th week, i plan to veg them for 6 weeks and then go into 12/12

So here are my LSD girls at their 5 weeks and the Cheese at the third week.
They LSD's are allready 50cm tall and im planning to let them 1 more week before im switching them to 12/12. Anyone know how tall can get this plants? They are in 18 liter pots under 250w MH and they will go under 400w in flowering.

5 weeks LSD and 3 weeks Cheese

LSD's are showing their sex allready

Im amazed how big some leaves have got

Cheese was kinda slow but it seems she is doing ok now

J

Javadog

Hello,

Nice grow.

I have not grown those breeds and so do not know how big they get.

Those pots are big enough for pretty big plants though.

Good luck,

JD

J

Javadog

Well, if the breeder has done a good job of isolating and stabilizing a breed, then
we ought to be able to predict fairly closely how it will turn out.

Sometimes a breed will be known to have some fixed number of phenotypes
that are known. (i.e. Blue Cheese has "Cheese" and "Blueberry" phenos...kinda makes sense ;0)

Just how stable a breed is definitely changes from breed to breed.

Take care,

JD

Hi peeps

So here are my girls at their 6 weeks they are already between 70 and 76 cm tall, from tomorrow they will go in flowering schedule, i hope they wont stretch to much.
In my opinion they look good and healthy but i have spotted some brown spot on one plant. Can anyone tell me if its nut burn or some other deficiency(see last/bottom pic) Thanks.

6 weeks LSD and 4 weeks Cheese

My big LSD grils

Brown spots

I grow LSD or as we call it "the Jack and The Bean Stalk strain"
they shoot up very fast at a point in time
Been growing it for three years

very good strain to work with, strong smoke, good cloning strain
I have been told by friends
"I haven't smoked weed like this since the old Thai stick days"

picture.php

Nice to hear its a good smoke. How tall they get in flowering? My plants were between 70 and 76 cm tall last day of veg and im afraid they get to tall in flowering. They are in 18 liter pots.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
I'm thinking of growing some LSD. I need something a little more sativa than blue moon rocks. Guess I'll up a chair and watch the pictures.

J

Javadog

Those spots almost look like a dried up foliar spray, or some such.

I suppose that you will just need to keep an eye on the plant.

Good luck,

JD

@JD thanks but i sprayed my plants just with pure water, but the spots havent got bigger or spread on other leaves. They are fine now.

@Hank, i will upload some more pics upcoming weeks of flowering, so you can take a sit :)

Here are my LSD's at their 8 days into 12/12 schedule, they have stretched and the biggest girl is 119cm tall allready.

The Cheese is in her 5th week of vegging, i'll let her veg one more week and then she will go into flower too. It was a slow growing plant but i like how it develops now and i love how it responded to FIMming.

Although i treated my plants the same, two of my LSD's, one especially shows yellowing on lover leaves and some brown spots, i upped the N but i dont know if this leaves shows now nutrient burn ot else deficiency.

Can someone pls take a look at the bottom picture and tell me what those brown spots are? Thanks!!

LSD's at 8 days of 12/12

Cheese in its 5th week of veg

And the brown spots that i mentioned

don't worry about the brown spots, it's the strain
First time I grew LSD I was freaking out over them
then I went to to different friends growing it and they had them too

@dragging hooks, they do tend to get yellow bottom leaves? I veged them for 6 weeks and they started to get yellow on some bottom leaves in week 5 of veg, i started to up the N but they didnt recovered. Its true that they are very tall and light barely hits the bottom leaves.

How tall they tend to get? My tallest lady is around 125cm, the other two are 102-103cm. They are big. I hope they stop stretching, tomorrow is their 2nd week of flower. I will post pics.

Ok here they are.

Tomorrow the LSD ladys will have 2 weeks of 12/12 light schedule. The bigest girl is 130 cm but slowly i think it will stop from stretching, she stretches less from day to day.

Cheese today is her 6 th week of veg, from tomorrow she will go into flower too. She was a slowly growing plant but now im amazed how good she looks, she loved to be FIMmed and she will have some nice main colars :)

LSDs in their 2 week of 12/12

2 weeks flowering LSD buds

And the lovely Cheese in her 6th week of veg

The biggest one had 80cm in her last day of veg, now after 2 weeks into flower she is 130cm but from day to day it stretches less, i think it will stop slowly, they were very mature plants when i have throw them into flower, they even showed sex in veg and i hope they will not double in size.

This is my 2nd grow, at my first grow i remember that the plants stooped stretching after about 2 weeks, i hope the LSD's will do the same cause they are just under a 400w HPS and if they get much taller light wont penetrate the canopy to well.