What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Barney’s Beans for spring greens

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks for posting friend. I'm going to ride with you for a while. How's your wife's illness? I hope she's getting better.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am single and got sick as a dawg after bringing in 40 gallons of soil to warm up in my grow/smoke room. I had forgotten how sensitive my sinuses are to the bacteria and fungus we put in the soil. Hurt my back muscles from coughing. Edit … or broke a rib.

But there are 6 sprouts. Having the soil in the tent vents the germs outside.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Got 4 plants in the big tent, 2 of each.

DSC02361.JPG

DSC02362.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I liked the Acapulco Gold I ran previously. Never tried the LSD

The soil is only 6.5 ph despite adding in 3 cups of dolomite garden lime to each 10 gallon bag. It is what it is, but I prefer the soil to be ‘semi-sweet for the connoisseur’s treat’. They are at 18/6 and a VPD of .5 with 280 umoles beaming down.

oldmaninbc

I liked the Acapulco Gold I ran previously. Never tried the LSD

The soil is only 6.5 ph despite adding in 3 cups of dolomite garden lime to each 10 gallon bag. It is what it is, but I prefer the soil to be ‘semi-sweet for the connoisseur’s treat’. They are at 18/6 and a VPD of .5 with 280 umoles beaming down.
I grew Barney's AG, it served my purpose well. Never tried the LSD but have read good reports. I will watch your grow and see if it inspires me to grow the last of my Barney's AG seeds. Are your AG seeds recent?

oldmaninbc

Maybe a couple years old. I ran the AG about a year ago and liked it. I was buying seeds like an addict when I started, and will never get to them all. I have a lot of Ace gear that needs popping too.
OH, I know what it's like to be consumed by the madness of buying seeds. I think some of my oldest goes back to Hot House Flowers Columbian Gold X Pure Haze.
When The Real Seed company came out I went over the edge buying seeds, still have several strains from then. I have other old stock as well. Like you I will never get to them all, I'm old and time is limited.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
And I got beans I have made from the haze combos too. Being regs they are a pain to sex. These store bought fems are fast and easy.

The cure I have found from sinuses getting messed up by breathing the soil bacteria is a squirt of Afrin’no drip’ in each nostril. My sinuses are super sensitive to the smell of the soil. I think I will sow in some clover cover crop seeds to get root activity and distract the bacteria.

oldmaninbc

And I got beans I have made from the haze combos too. Being regs they are a pain to sex. These store bought fems are fast and easy.

The cure I have found from sinuses getting messed up by breathing the soil bacteria is a squirt of Afrin’no drip’ in each nostril. My sinuses are super sensitive to the smell of the soil. I think I will sow in some clover cover crop seeds to get root activity and distract the bacteria.
I find fems to be a good option, less work, less time involved, what's wrong with that.
I am plagued by nasal rhinitis, like today my nose just keeps dripping and dripping. I use a nasal gel called Secaris. I'm not familiar with the product you use. Always looking for a way to relieve symptoms.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Afrin is a nasal spray. The ‘no-drip’ thing is probably bs cause using regular Afrin for even a week will make the sinuses drip all the time, which is why people take it in the first place. This ‘no drip’ stuff smells minty and does a great job of unclogging my sinuses after I play in the dirt. Over the counter. Ymmv.

But my sinuses play hell if I don’t respect those critters in the soil. A N-95 mask is also being used.

Damn lung room is too cold at 67f, and with the lights this low the soil is too cool. Guess I need a space heater. Too cheap to turn up the house temp.

Reactions: GMT

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The two spares in the nursery were better looking than two of the plants in bags so I swapped them into the front two bags. Probably the soil temps were too low in the tent. We'll see, but a space heater is part of the system now.

DSC02368.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I fed them yesterday and the leaves are praying this AM so the roots are developing. The light is turned up to 450-500 umoles. Veg is in full swing at 18/6.

The lung room is 73*f 25%, while the tent is 76* 55% rh. Good VPD, the leafs are 75*, the soil 73 at the surface. Things are settled in despite the cold outside. Luckily the power has stayed on.

It looks like some scientist has read about my theory about the soil ‘sparking’ when the microbes are happy…

When the microbes are working their magic, my soil reads a real low pH…

Last edited: