What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bare bulbs

Mister_D

Veteran
Mr D

Wouldn't I need 2 of those 800-1000cfm per room to exchange twice a min? Each room is going to be 900cft.

Thanks DHF

Yes you would need a minimum of 900cfm per room. I missed the second page of this thread, so I was basing my calculations on the 300sqft room mention earlier. I would look into two ~1200cfm fans, one for each 900cft room. Overkill can be controlled with thermostatically controlled outlets ($40 each), if needed. Under sizing however can only be cured with more fans. Do it right the first time, so it only has to be done once :biggrin:

bobblehead

Veteran
I got exactly a penny and a half on this subject.

1.0 - Grow from seed, clone and mother or perpertually clone a couple weeks into flower to keep #'s down and then don't introduce any other specimines into the room that you didn't first grow from seed.

.5 - Upon completion of penny 1.0, simply be careful not to do stoner shit, like smell the powdery mildew (disclaimer, I've no idea whether pm grows on roses, but I think the majority of you smell the flavor) and them walk right into your room because that hella bomb full melt made you forget about shit like cross contamination.

Grow from seed, don't be a dumb ass = No Spraying, EvaR~ Unless you're one of those ninny's who foliar feed (jk, in blatant and quite blunt form this fine mother fucking evening.)

But yeah - xtra bonus, when you find that one, or two or thee truly special plants, you're the man. People jock hard nuts for unobtanium-nuggum, yo.

D.C. - :tiphat:

This post is just completely misinforming.

#'s are the grower's business.

Good call on not inhaling the spores off the leaves like a line of coke? However the spores are already everywhere, potentially systemically throughout the plant. The spores only need ideal conditions to germinate. If you don't want more mold/fungus issues, fix the environment.

As for foliars... CaCl2 is used a foliar to control PM on cucumber crops... Sulfur is commonly used as a foliar for mold and mites. I just foliar fed a crop through week 5, and I have some of the healthiest growth I've ever seen. The literature supports my findings. If you do them right, foliar applications are very beneficial.

Anyway... Just clearing a few things up. I'm that ninny. :)

D

DHF

This post is just completely misinforming.

#'s are the grower's business.

Good call on not inhaling the spores off the leaves like a line of coke? However the spores are already everywhere, potentially systemically throughout the plant. The spores only need ideal conditions to germinate. If you don't want more mold/fungus issues, fix the environment.

As for foliars... CaCl2 is used a foliar to control PM on cucumber crops... Sulfur is commonly used as a foliar for mold and mites. I just foliar fed a crop through week 5, and I have some of the healthiest growth I've ever seen. The literature supports my findings. If you do them right, foliar applications are very beneficial.

Anyway... Just clearing a few things up. I'm that ninny. :)
Gotta say that the grow from seed post is kinda out there as well , although pheno hunts for niche markets with dope nobody else has , is and HAS been the backbone of the blackmarket AND med quality offerings for yrs and yrs with top shelf shit.....now.....

Where I live EVERY ornamental shrubbery wrapped around houses , is eat up with powdery mildew and all manners of fungus at least 9 months outta the yr , so I learned a long time ago that isolating grow areas from fresh outside air with pantyhose filters helped to prevent spores from entering......

Hepa filters attached to my vortex inlines were eventually the best of all worlds till shutdown though....bottom line......Lab conditions rule.....

Air exchange twice per minute helped keep shit stirred up enough 24/7 where I never dealt with spores settling or any molds or fungus forming on my plants ....ever.....now....

Gotta show respect where it`s due with Bobble`s learnin and applyin these organic tactics and foliar feed thingy`s , cuz if returns rival costs of synthetic juice runs with only soil amendments and water only plus foliars that evidently are beneficial , AND produce top shelf shit that yields the same in the same time frame , then.....

Proof`s in da puddin......Many ways ta skin a mule........but.....The plant`s don`t know what they`re eatin......only that they`re eatin well once all ducks are in a row with ph and ppm parameters dialed FTW.......regardless.......

Be that Ninny Bro.....I`m on board.....If yas don`t grow , yas wither.......

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Proof`s in da puddin......Many ways ta skin a mule........but.....The plant`s don`t know what they`re eatin......only that they`re eatin well once all ducks are in a row with ph and ppm parameters dialed FTW.......regardless.......

DHF could you please elaborate on what you mean by this? are you saying in organics they don't know what they are eating or when using synthetics? I'm a bit confused...

D

DHF

DHF could you please elaborate on what you mean by this? are you saying in organics they don't know what they are eating or when using synthetics? I'm a bit confused...
Plant life responds to NPK Bro......period....Be it synthetic juice or from organic amendments that give the plants what they need when they need it with water only....and yeah....

The plants only eat or DON`T eat if proper parameters aren`t met for em to do so , regardless if it`s from where the NPK plus macro`s and micro`s come from....

NPK SS......Basic dope growin 101....but....

As said above , there`s many ways ta skin a mule and get there.....Whatever gets yas there faster is a good thingy Bro.....

Peace....DHF......:ying:......

Last edited:

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
The "plants don't know what they are eating" is the part that threw me off...

I know with synthetics you need proper parameters for nutrients to be absorbed but in water only organic mixes all you need is microbes... they do all the work...

I know what NPK is...

Not questioning your experience just not really sure what you meant...

bobblehead

Veteran
What DHF is saying is that the refined elements are the same whether they come from an organic or synthetic source... There is a huge difference however between NH4 and NO3. Both are forms of N, however their balance is normally reversed depending on whether you use organics or synthetic... So NPK isn't NPK.

That's the advanced course... This thread is about more basic things... Like lamps not exploding. :)

Mr Blah

Thanks Bobblehead.
I just didn't want to start a hundred different threads asking a hundred questions about bare bulb rooms.

I should change the name of the thread to Bare bulb rooms.

Back to thinking about the room.
How do people with lung rooms extract the heat from the Dehu's and ballasts?
I know DHF said he had his through the wall of flip rooms so the warm air was in the lung...right?

Gotta say that the grow from seed post is kinda out there as well , although pheno hunts for niche markets with dope nobody else has , is and HAS been the backbone of the blackmarket AND med quality offerings for yrs and yrs with top shelf shit.....now.....

Where I live EVERY ornamental shrubbery wrapped around houses , is eat up with powdery mildew and all manners of fungus at least 9 months outta the yr , so I learned a long time ago that isolating grow areas from fresh outside air with pantyhose filters helped to prevent spores from entering......

Hepa filters attached to my vortex inlines were eventually the best of all worlds till shutdown though....bottom line......Lab conditions rule.....

Air exchange twice per minute helped keep shit stirred up enough 24/7 where I never dealt with spores settling or any molds or fungus forming on my plants ....ever.....now....

Gotta show respect where it`s due with Bobble`s learnin and applyin these organic tactics and foliar feed thingy`s , cuz if returns rival costs of synthetic juice runs with only soil amendments and water only plus foliars that evidently are beneficial , AND produce top shelf shit that yields the same in the same time frame , then.....

Be that Ninny Bro.....I`m on board.....If yas don`t grow , yas wither.......

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

Guys, guys, guys... Was just playing around with the ninny thing. Didn't mean it at all seriously. I have a sharp tongue at times, especially after a weekend of working my writing job. Can get a little high strung with the verbaige. My apologies.

Rather, I should have simply said this.

Every time I've grown from seed, I find a keeper.

Every time I introduce a cut, from even the very most reputable sources, I get some stupid pest/infection/PROBLEMS.

To each is own though, I just prefer the hunt and the exclusivity of my product. Makes life more stress free, for me.

D.C. :tiphat:

D

DHF

My lung areas were 3 times the size of the flip rooms sq ftg to absorb excess heatgain and re-condition it with little to no effort using overkill environmental equipment....

HTH....DHF.....:ying:.....