What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangor Savings is targeting medical businesses

One of our caregiver friends got a call from her bank bangor savings saying she must cease ordering from hydroponic companies. She has been tagged as a marijuana business.

She didnt know what to do so I called Bangor Savings customer service and explained what was going on in one of their branches. He said he would immediately contact that branch and recommended she go back to that branch tomorrow. The rep said the branch misread or misunderstood the letter and that he would explain with further clarity if necessary.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Someone got a serious talking to, I'm sure. LOL

Stupid, moronic, knee-jerk reaction due to prohibitionist programming.

Don't ya just love prohibitionists?

Keep it Clean! :D

What I found interesting is that she has been ordering from these companies for 3 years now using the same account, then outta' the blue after holders letter she gets this harrassment?

Jhhnn

Veteran
What I found interesting is that she has been ordering from these companies for 3 years now using the same account, then outta' the blue after holders letter she gets this harrassment?

New guidelines probably prompted account reviews & somebody got it wrong, perhaps because of a personal agenda.

If they really don't want her business, some other bank will. Just say Buh-bye, move on.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Really? So they are saying just because someone orders from hydroponic supply places they grow marijuana? :wallbash:

Thats a big assumption that will surely cost them business I would think

Stinkymutt

My mother worked for Bangor savings for over 15 years. What is talked about while customers are not in is astonishing . She left a number of years ago as she says " I don't know things just changed in there" . I no longer do business with them for my own personal reasons and they are a very snooty up tight bank anyway . Just adding my 2 cents worth .
Peace
Mutt

they said marijuana related items, she ordered a from multiple hydro companies, a 420 coffe cup, and a deck of 420 playing cards. The rep found it as ridiculous as I did.

Here's a letter she got yesterday:

As stated in the disclosure provided when you opened your account, entitled "Important Information About Your Account", in the Terms And Conditions Of Your Account, Account Closure section, the bank has the right to close your account at any time upon reasonable notice to you and tender the account balance personally or by mail"

This notice is to let you know we are exercising our right to close your account.

In order to allow time for you to make alternate banking arrangements, this account can remain open forup to ten business days from the date of this letter. If you do not close the account by March 8, 2014, we will close your account and mail you a treasurer's check for the remaining balance.

If you have questions please feel free to contact me at 207.942.5211 x2357.

Sincerely,

Brian A. Stanley, VP
Customer Care Manager

This is word for word from the bank account she has had since 2010. Her account balance is approx. $200.

matt11

One of our caregiver friends got a call from her bank bangor savings saying she must cease ordering from hydroponic companies. She has been tagged as a marijuana business.

classic banking institution. There just scared shitless of the federal government coming down on them for supporting illegal (federal) activities and illegal business.
Can't blame Bangor savings, I actually don't really blame them, their necks are under the boot of the federal government, and its just normal protocol to target cannabis related activities.
Nothing is going to change until the status quo is changed in Washington. They should just put a bill forward that'll make the individual state determine what's legal and illegal, federally.

Muleskinner

Veteran
oh yeah, the banks love laundering the money for the Sinaloans and other great guys from Mexico and Central America!

Think about it - criminal organizations pay banks a percentage to launder the cash for them. Legitimate business people will only deposit their money if the bank pays them interest money! Of course the banks love Prohibition!

Apparently HSBC actually had a special enlarged teller window installed at one of their branches so they could push the huge bales of cash from the Sinaloa cartel through the teller window! This leading global bank laundered BILLIONS of dollars for one of the Earth's most ruthless and murderous organizations!

matt11

oh yeah, the banks love laundering the money for the Sinaloans and other great guys from Mexico and Central America!

Think about it - criminal organizations pay banks a percentage to launder the cash for them. Legitimate business people will only deposit their money if the bank pays them interest money! Of course the banks love Prohibition!

Apparently HSBC actually had a special enlarged teller window installed at one of their branches so they could push the huge bales of cash from the Sinaloa cartel through the teller window! This leading global bank laundered BILLIONS of dollars for one of the Earth's most ruthless and murderous organizations!

that's so funny! Having to make larger teller windows for such large amounts of cash from the cartels. :bashhead: jealous.

matt11

http://www.alternet.org/how-hsbc-bank-got-away-money-laundering-drug-cartels

>>>Where is Senator Kerry and the rest of Congress’s outrage for the career drug criminals at HSBC that facilitated the illegal deposit of millions of dollars packed into specially designed boxes that would fit through the bank’s teller windows in Mexico?

secretary Kerry could care less about Mexico's cartels. He's far too busy...doing absolutely nothing. Oh wait he did broker the nuclear agreement with Iran, and gave them back their billions from before the sanctions. And gave them $1.3 billion in interest, and $400 million in debt on top of everything. So yeah I wouldn't expect him to do anything beneficial for U.S. interest.

Latest posts

Latest posts