What's new

Bangi Haze

lemonade

Veteran
My Bangi Haze is taking its sweet time flowering outdoors. It’s by far the least mature of my 4 outdoor plants yet definitely the strongest smelling so far! :)

Smells like a bunch of skunky roaches at
the moment hehe. A real sweet skunky odour that wasn't as noticeable when I ran it indoors last time. Im using alot more compost and organic amendments like fish emulsion, fish manure etc then i did last round however. Perhaps thats a factor. :dance:

E0E7B0C0-F54C-466D-9B0C-CE2FD70D6339.jpeg EDA7836A-FCDA-4D6B-8F47-18378366A05E.jpeg 7981D8B7-1850-45A9-B703-A4EDCA2EB6A4.jpeg

Its got a little bit of colour starting as well! My other plants are much further ahead however! Heres some PCK x Kali China:

4CEE648A-12DF-4247-9F38-BAE6A2670E2B.jpeg CA76CE94-6CDB-4DB5-97B8-88FB1DEC0396.jpeg 73F86EA1-34F5-4BE7-A9D3-7E04D9F043B1.jpeg

And heres a group shot. From left to right its Malawi x PCK, Bangi Haze, then 2 diff phenos of PCK x Kali China!
F4692335-1167-4148-A4C0-EE3ECB5015E7.jpeg

Unfortunately I noticed a tiny bit of mildew on the plants tonight (except the bangi haze) so I just did a pretty thorough defoliation to open the plants up a bit for airflow. I also started putting them under cover at night to protect from rain. I’m hoping to keep them going outdoors until at least Oct. At this point its just a matter of the mildew staying at bay so I'm keeping a close eye on that. I can bring then indoors to finish under lights if need be. :)(y)

Last edited:

lemonade

Veteran
Ooh nice @FletchF.Fletch !

I just moved my outdoor plants inside, including a nice Bangi thats at about wk 3!

Ill take some pics tomo when lights are on.

In the meantime heres a cpl pics of my Bangi Haze keeper cut I let grow into a tray of perlite. I just planted it into a pot day before yesterday to keep as a mother.

I cut about 80% of the roots away. I was a bit worried but it hasn't skipped a beat surprisingly :cool: .

52BF8E64-F47C-455F-B631-03878BC95740.jpeg 9EA1B63A-E2AC-4F34-915B-A38ECAB48C15.jpeg

Last edited:

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Ooh nice @FletchF.Fletch !

I just moved my outdoor plants inside, including a nice Bangi thats at about wk 3!

Ill take some pics tomo when lights are on.

In the meantime heres a cpl pics of my Bangi Haze keeper cut I let grow into a tray of perlite. I just planted it into a pot day before yesterday to keep as a mother.

I cut about 80% of the roots away. I was a bit worried but it hasn't skipped a beat surprisingly :cool: .

View attachment 18762990 View attachment 18762991

Now that's what I call a "Well-Rooted" cutting!!!

lemonade

Veteran
Nice one! Are you in Canada by chance or EU/Asia? Either way nice plant. 🪴

I forgot to take a pic of my Outdoor turned Indoor Bangi. Now the lights are off again. Dratt lol. Hopefully I remember tomorrow.😝

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@Glorn2 love the greenhouse outdoor tent and how the pruned Bangi Haze clone fills up all the space :love:
Such a long flowering time is really rare for Bangi Haze. Did you flower same clone outdoors ? If so, was its flowering time so long like indoors ? Maybe you can replace the long flowering pheno with a better, faster flowering expresion, it's really easy to find phenos in current Bangi Haze releases of great energetic effects that don't need more than 11 weeks of flowering to finish.

@nono_fr looks like yours somehow revegged during flowering, most probably due to too high temps indoors during summer time. The pistils are really thin and long, and the bracts very oval shaped, meaning it has lots of sativa influence and character.

afghan i see you are an old ICMag user but without much activity, very happy to see you now posting some of your own outdoor Bangi Haze :) your latitude is a bit too high for BH, hopefully it will have the chance to finish.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
bangi haze at 43 days -this one smells like cherry, leather, cologne, booze, some kind of dark sweetness, effervescent and vaporous. Its an intriguing aroma. shes really started to show herself this past week.

love the description of the scents @chronosync ;) thanks a lot!
Hope both females finished well. Really like the look of your buds in post #1732 at 10 weeks of flowering, perfect moment at that time for harvest (or just a few days later). The final foxtail is crazy and sexy :D The finished product has much more sativa-Hazy personality with it, although i think it is a trait that most consumers in North America dislike (commercially speaking). Wish you start enjoying the flowers soon!

She's 7 and a couple inches. Started her under LED late March and transplanted in to 40 gal. fabric topping her at the 6th node and removing the lowest 2 nodes (4 branches). So 8 branches that started blooming 4 Aug. Looks like 18 inch colas are taking form! She'll be done about mid Oct. This is my third year growing Bangi Haze and I recommend it. Well done Dubi!

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive feedback @dillycid much appreciated :)
Your this year greenhouse plant looks indeed like will finish around mid October there. How are the aromas at this stage ? Bangi Haze crossed with Guawi sounds likt the bomb :hotbounce it will be a vigorous, high yielding and very potent sativa dom hybrid, that's for sure.

@Azure Love the vibes in early Sept of your guerrilla grown Bangi Haze :love:
Wish she is having a good start of October, hopefully not far from finish.

Lights ON :D @lemonade maybe it was a good idea to moved them indoors if you were not fully confident that they will finish properly outdoors. I have had good results doing that in the past: with the good outdoor growth and structure, and later under the strong light intensity indoors they finally explode in yield, just be careful of bringing fungus and pests from outdoors to indoors (especially to the mother room!).

All the best with yours @FletchF.Fletch ;)

afghan

Nice one! Are you in Canada by chance or EU/Asia? Either way nice plant. 🪴

I forgot to take a pic of my Outdoor turned Indoor Bangi. Now the lights are off again. Dratt lol. Hopefully I remember tomorrow.😝
I'm in EU, yes. Thanks, three of the four Bangis are over 2m tall!

@dubi thanks, yes I am a long time member, was on an old well-known forum as well...let's see how they do, I have the fans blowing on them. Unfortunately a couple of isolated spots of botrytis which I am carefully removing.

lemonade

Veteran
Lights ON :D @lemonade maybe it was a good idea to moved them indoors if you were not fully confident that they will finish properly outdoors. I have had good results doing that in the past: with the good outdoor growth and structure, and later under the strong light intensity indoors they finally explode in yield, just be careful of bringing fungus and pests from outdoors to indoors (especially to the mother room!).

Thanks @dubi :cool:

Exactly as you said. That nice outdoor structure and huge thick branches are handy when you move em inside!

2126004E-0BA7-4DCB-8F28-D5AB2F56C745.jpeg
BFFDADB7-7E73-4164-BA83-7368DF55357B.jpeg

I tried my best to take some pics of the Bangi Haze but between the terrible lighting from the HPS, my crummy phone and how big this darn plant is, its tough! :LOL:

I transplanted the BH into a 10 Gal pot of 50/50 very rich homemade compost/perlite a cpl days ago!

The rest are in 5 gal pots.

I even screwed in a MH bulb to help with the poor HPS lighting but i’m not sure it helped. Oh well lol!

15CA3A6F-C267-4B62-8919-35C336B5DA28.jpeg A673F5E8-A1CF-4C54-B4C9-749E33D9A43D.jpeg

Last edited:

lemonade

Veteran
Also @dubi you are 100% correct regarding the bugs. Luckily I don’t have any other plants in this grow room or area that can get infected.

However i’ve noticed what I believe are white flies on my Bangi plant. My other strains don't seem to be affected which I'm very thankful for as they are far too mature to consider spraying.

I’ve been debating whether or not to hit the Bangi with a Neem foliar. I’d say it’s about wk 3 flower atm.

I’d really rather not spray anything. Based on last time I ran bangi I’ll probably let it go 10 wks so it’s got a ways to go. They don't seem to be reproducing especially fast or causing significant damage, but that can change fast i’d imagine lol. I’m just going to keep an eye on it for now i suppose. Thought if i do spray i wanna do it ASAP.

Considering a mild drench as well.

B985915D-F81B-4A7F-874B-9A7DAFD58D5C.jpeg E3D60244-CCD4-4C29-A92A-3F4DEBD12CB1.jpeg

Last edited:

lemonade

Veteran
Here’s some other plants i brought inside! Hope you don’t mind me posting these here @dubi.

This is PCKxKali China. I’d say at about 6 wks. Starting to realllly plump up and get heavy. Every day the unstaked branches are drooping a little lower. 😄

These started to immediately thicken up and started putting on extra frost right after I moved them indoors. They seem to really dig the environment, especially since I ramped CO2 up to 1500 ppm.

They’ve just blown up, and continue to do so. :cool:

Love the natural light of outdoors, but it’s starting to get a little chilly outside (down to 5c last cpl nights) and theres less and less direct light, so it made sense to bring them indoors.

66921558-25D4-47AD-B190-5C6A92BF9C8F.jpeg 6CF46B77-57DD-44EB-81BE-083311F40286.jpeg 2D5174EC-AF39-4560-BCFB-75AEE3CF29D5.jpeg 358600B6-2BC0-40FC-94DE-67040471F75C.jpeg

Here’s Malawi X PCK. Starting to get some nice colours as well. Both of them have a blueish/purple tinge. Really cool and puuurdy. 👍

Buds aren't quite as thick on this one yet but they’re super long. Gonna be some big ole spears. 😝

523C6CA6-AE1C-4C86-B77D-59CCC6507B3E.jpeg D5989A1D-262C-45AE-91E9-E3A7E936B016.jpeg D7749AAD-4713-4BC0-B0F3-5AE6EA52706E.jpeg 21897936-CA8E-416F-877B-42E1CFE77302.jpeg

Loving this ACE gear as usual! Sorry about the poor quality pics and my messy ass grow room! We were using part of it as storage while we did a renovation so its a bit of a pig sty still! :)

Last edited:

dillycid

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive feedback @dillycid much appreciated :)
Your this year greenhouse plant looks indeed like will finish around mid October there. How are the aromas at this stage ? Bangi Haze crossed with Guawi sounds likt the bomb :hotbounce it will be a vigorous, high yielding and very potent sativa dom hybrid, that's for sure.
I'm not very good at aroma but it's not complex, I would say very strong pine. After about 5 minutes of pulling down branches to smell them my hands got to sticky to continue! Yes Guawi is a powerful strain. I had a chance to smoke some I'd given a friend last year. One joint lasted two days! 9 month cure. Wow!

Last edited:

Glorn2

@Glorn2 love the greenhouse outdoor tent and how the pruned Bangi Haze clone fills up all the space :love:
Such a long flowering time is really rare for Bangi Haze. Did you flower same clone outdoors ? If so, was its flowering time so long like indoors ? Maybe you can replace the long flowering pheno with a better, faster flowering expresion, it's really easy to find phenos in current Bangi Haze releases of great energetic effects that don't need more than 11 weeks of flowering to finish.
We had some other phenos that finished in 10 weeks, with very nice, dense buds. This pheno we have grown 4 times now though, and like how unique it is. We have harvested it at 12, 14, and 16 weeks. It never finishes and the buds never stop growing, so we can harvest earlier if we need. We picked this pheno for our giant outdoor plant due to how quickly it grows. Easily 50 percent faster and larger than our other pheno. The high is pretty unique too. More inward thoughts. We just started a handful more seeds though to try to get a more balanced pheno, cuz this girl is a lot of work!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That long flowering pheno sounds indeed like an outsider @Glorn2 Wish i could give it a try. Sounds really interesting. Glad you are starting more Bangi Haze seeds ;) much appreciated.

lemonade Since white flies are mostly located in the main leaves, maybe you can place the plant outdoors and do a neem spray of the leaves so most of the flies go away and to try to kill the eggs, then bring her back indoors, although of course the decision is yours.

Latest posts

Latest posts