What's new

Bangi Haze

lemonade

Veteran
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2119940.jpg Views:	3 Size:	102.9 KB ID:	18100708

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2119940.jpg Views:	3 Size:	102.9 KB ID:	18100708

Here's some Bangi Haze, Malawi, Malawi x PCK, Killer A5, Super Malawi Haze, and PCK x Kali China. 😁

user128

with the earliest flowering bangi haze with the smell of onion, leek and basil, with the first month and a half of curing I did a test and consumed bangi haze all day after 4 or 5 cigarettes I began to notice that the heart and get to give small palpitations, like when you drink a lot of coffee or black tea in a few hours, so it scared me a little and I did not abuse it again like that, now with 5 months of curing it is delicious and I find it something afetaminica or caffeinica,since I smoke these sativa strains months ago, I haven't gone back to sleep "siesta" sleep after lunch for months, but since I smoked some strains like Kush, gelato gorilla, blah, blah, blah I I fall asleep at noon without finishing the cigarette, giving the feeling that you consume some drug to sleep and I don't like those types of effects, with bangi haze it's the opposite of those effects.

Hi El Quijote

Thanks for sharing :good:

Well, I agree there's a large gap between Bangi Haze and your average modern Kush hybrid :biglaugh: Such strains (and, I believe, a large part of the vintage Dutch breeding pool as well) have a sedative/sleepy effect on most people. This is definitely not the case with Bangi Haze and that, alone, is already a huge quality.

However, I don't think it's enough to call it "energetic". There are strains that you can smoke all day without getting sleepy, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will motivate you to do stuff either (...that you wouldn't do if you didn't smoke, anyway). As I see it, there must be something else - some kind of electricity, excitement, tension, disorientation, even discomfort - that drives you to get things done one way or another.

Somebody on this board brought up the idea of "cold" or "warm" sativas, which I find interesting in that perspective. ACE has plenty of "warm" strains - Congo, Panama/Thai, Malawi - but I find BH a lot more on the relaxing, meditative, introspective side of the spectrum - thus, something of a "cold" one.

Anywaaaay as I stated before, this could also be due to phenotype, curing, biochemistry, tolerance, or simply semantics :D Don't pay too much attention to my ramblings, it's great, strong weed regardless, I couldn't be happier with it.

And since I'm posting - great work lemonade, beautiful plants ! I double down on the tomato :laughing:

Happy growing :canabis:

Last edited:

lemonade

Veteran
Good spotting guys! I've got a few tomatoes, some peppers, cat nip etc. Going to start some flowers for the spring shortly as well. 😁

Here's the seedlings today! 12 days since moving plants under HID, 6 days since transplanting to 2 Gal pots, and a little less than 4 Wk's since seeds sprouted. They'd be larger but life got in the way and I was unable to transplant as quickly as I'd like.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0253.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.4 KB ID:	18101336

The tomatoes are off to the side and out of view for the most part 😀. Got a row of different pepper there however!

I plan on kicking into 11/13 in a couple days!!😎

Plants have mostly been double/triple pinched and somewhat heavily de-leafed in an attempt to make em more bushy, slow down vert growth, and allow the roots to get PHAT before I flip em. I must say these plants for the most part want to grow into a columnar structure. I'd like to try a high density SOG with no pinching after I find a keeper or two.

Going to take cuts of all plants around flip! I might start a grow journal/thread or w/e, well see!😁

Last edited:

psyphish

Veteran
I have a problem! My Bangi Haze is currently at day 82 of 12/12 and is starting to look ripe. However! I'm unable to harvest before day 90 of 12/12. Do you think the extra week would make the high bad? Any tips on delaying the ripening? I already lowered my light wattage to minimum to keep temperatures cool.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That brings up a hellova questio... what if the lights are turned off and the fans kept on? When will the plant do i there for a week?

Here is my Bangi Haze, a couple weeks at 12/12. I grew this before, but the plant was over-whelmed by other ACE giants (KA5H and Haze-Kali China). This time BH is holding her own:

DSC01583.JPG

goingrey

I have a problem! My Bangi Haze is currently at day 82 of 12/12 and is starting to look ripe. However! I'm unable to harvest before day 90 of 12/12. Do you think the extra week would make the high bad? Any tips on delaying the ripening? I already lowered my light wattage to minimum to keep temperatures cool.

This may be the first time in recorded history that someone wants to extend the flowering time. Pioneering work, so to speak.

How about using ice (instead of liquid) to water? Might work.

One week from "starting to look ripe" sounds perfect instead of bad to me, but that's a matter of preference of course.

psyphish

Veteran
This may be the first time in recorded history that someone wants to extend the flowering time. Pioneering work, so to speak.

How about using ice (instead of liquid) to water? Might work.

One week from "starting to look ripe" sounds perfect instead of bad to me, but that's a matter of preference of course.

I'm worried that torturing the plant might make it want to ripen even faster. Even the pistils on the lowest budlets are orange, starting to get some pretty stringy looking foxtailing on the tops. I guess I can always turn the plant into some bubble hash if it turns out bad. I rarely take the time to grow long flowering strains, and when I do, something comes up and messes it all up lol.

goingrey

I'm worried that torturing the plant might make it want to ripen even faster. Even the pistils on the lowest budlets are orange, starting to get some pretty stringy looking foxtailing on the tops. I guess I can always turn the plant into some bubble hash if it turns out bad. I rarely take the time to grow long flowering strains, and when I do, something comes up and messes it all up lol.

Do you need to dry it in your grow tent or why don't you just chop it? Hang it somewhere near the tent and the intake airflow will take a lot of the odor with it and through the scrubber if that's your worry.

psyphish

Veteran
Do you need to dry it in your grow tent or why don't you just chop it? Hang it somewhere near the tent and the intake airflow will take a lot of the odor with it and through the scrubber if that's your worry.

Maintenance in my building so I have to keep everything hidden.

grandsrin

Hello,
I have a question dubi :
Do you think, the Bangi Haze would work outdoors in germany (lat.48)? I'm curious, cause I'm planning for upcoming season right now. I love sativas, but there are not many that get ready in time... in October it can get very wet due rainfalls and fog, so a good mold resistance is a must, also it can get cold, especially end of october/beginning of november
Hi
You can do it at 48 north.
I finish à couple at 49.8 north coastal weather,
With wind and fog.
Mine where mold proof .
I haverst october the 20 .
But potency is not at Max !!
Clone is à must il finish sooner , or roots bond in a small container .
Ont Time in a small pot i harvest october the 8( it was a good year, with a wonderfull weather in septembre and october !!)

By
Grandsrin

Synthracer

Hi
You can do it at 48 north.
I finish à couple at 49.8 north coastal weather,
With wind and fog.
Mine where mold proof .
I haverst october the 20 .
But potency is not at Max !!
Clone is à must il finish sooner , or roots bond in a small container .
Ont Time in a small pot i harvest october the 8( it was a good year, with a wonderfull weather in septembre and october !!)

By
Grandsrin
Well, already planted them guerilla after a few weeks vegging under LED... xD
So, we will see how it goes - I will report in fall! ;)

Legalcdn

Mine was mint / mild garlic smells with a haze aftertaste.

Nice dense colas, easy trimming. I was lucky, i made bangi haze regulars and made a hybrid malawi x bangi haze seeds.

Glorn2

PXL_20220603_235328785.jpg
PXL_20220603_235232811.MP.jpg
Bangi Haze in a 4x8 tent, 10 weeks of flower, just cut down, except for one plant. You can see the still mostly green buds in the full shot. The below picture is a week old, she is fatter now. Anyone know what is up with the one? A sativa dominant pheno? Smells just like bangi, but the leaves are longer and more narrow, the plant grows much faster than the others, but flowering is taking forever. I have a clone of it growing in my greenhouse as well; the growth rate is pretty exceptional.
PXL_20220522_005249387.jpg
thanks for reading!

Glorn2

Alright, here we are, week 12 of flower. Still very far from finishing, buds are light and fluffy (compared to the rest of the grow) with few trichomes. I just moved it into this tent because I had to chop down the tent with the rest of the Bangi in it. It was safely removed from the scrog, and I had to rearrange my clones tent to make room for her. no signs of stress from the move, she is under 200w of cheap light; still growing. Just a little concerned about the future of this plant. @dubi any tips/knowledge/advice for this pheno?
PXL_20220612_132903946.jpg
PXL_20220612_132846620.jpg