What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze

Cleaned8272727

Cutting the sticky traps for gnats up and put them on the substrate. Good idea. Thanks!

Hi Podenco,

I had a serious battle with fungus gnats during my first grow where I tried pretty much all methods and the only reliable ways I found to deal with them are sticky traps and mosquito dunks. I don't have a whole lot of room so naturally I put the traps on the soil since that's where the gnats sprout from. Messy but cheap and effective.

Cleaned8272727

Anyway update on the Bangi Haze's, my first of Ace's strains.

picture.php

picture.php

Not sure how many days of veg since they spent a couple weeks too long inside solo cups before being out into 5 gal bags. As you can see not much variation in the phenotype yet to be seen. They started their first dose of Recharge and Silica Gold a few days ago and already I can see vast improvement in leaves verdancy and stem strength. Seriously the stems are looking strong, hard and green. Very happy so far. Lots and lots of topping (topped 4 times) and LST so Silica was well needed

Thinking to let them veg for another 3 weeks or so because I like to yield BIG because me and missus smoke like chimneys. Hoping with additional veg times and more training I'd get 5-7 oz from each plant.

Legalcdn

I vegged for 8 weeks..56 days. Bangi has no issues with cold or heat. Leaf temp does not impact buds. She under 220w bridgelux eb gen2 strips. She is sharing light with malawi at the moment.

Dubi, thanks for the breeding work on bangi.

picture.php

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got this it’s a 3 way hybrid of bangi haze, riri diesel and big sur hollyweed
picture.php
picture.php

Legalcdn

I made seeds from a bangi male. BHxBH and BHxMALAWI.

I think bangi will be BH f9 ? and the other will be Bangawi.

Last edited:

Cleaned8272727

So update on my two fem Bangi Hazes. I was wrong about them having no pheno variation. I merely did not pay close enough attention.

This pheno has fewer branches but very strong, thick stems. Fan leaves are mostly sets of 7, with a few 6 here and there. Rubbing the stems the finger smells like dark and oily, with a hint of eastern medicine.

This pheno has gangly branches but so so so many of them. Lots of tops. Fan leaves are predominantly in sets of 5. The stems smells strongly of incense, which I like a lot.

Here they are next to their clones.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats Big M on your Bangi Haze outdoor harvest :)

Happy to hear the strain was mold resistant in your climate and finished on time. Please, let us know your opinion now with a good curing.

Chopped my first Bangi Haze last night. It was put out as a teen at the very end of June, and finished at about five feet high, with a nice big cola and a good number of big side branches. Not a single spot of mold, and only a few small spots from caterpillar damage. The trichomes are almost 100% cloudy, with a few amber here and there. Haven't found any seeds yet while pulling fan leaves, and it looks like it will fill a few big jars. :)

It was started in coco, fed with Dyna Gro, then put into rich native soil without any further fertilizers at about a foot tall. IPM consisted of clearing weeds from around the site and one application of Monterey Garden Spray back in August. The bugs just didn't seem interested. Pretty much just set it and forget it, and can't wait to dry it and try it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Cryptlord9999 :)

Very healthy and uniform looking Bangi Haze group. :yes:
Looking forward to follow their progress in flowering.
How many females did you get at the end ?

Thank you very much for supporting our work!

Plants are coming along nicely, have 3 guranteed females, 1 male and 3 havent shown any pre-flowers yet so havent been sexed. Did have a minor micro-nutrient deficiency a couple weeks ago but was fixed and all new growth is looking good.

One of the plants in the back has narrower leaflets than the other 6. I plan on selecting one or two of these to up pot and turn into mother plants eventually, after I flower out some clones in my tent and figure out which pheno(s) I plan on keeping. The shelf there are on now is just the shelf I will be keeping my mother plants and clones/pre-veg on.

Should be some nice smoke hopefully. After selections are done with these Bangi Haze, next on the list is Panama followed by Erdpurt.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Azn00superman,

Glad to see you growing Bangi Haze. Hope the gnats are under control before the start of flowering.

They have a good structure after the topping to yield properly. Take in consideration Bangi Haze is very inbred therefore it's yield is average, better in outcrosses. It's a very stable strain for growing structures, flowering times, mold resistance, etc .... with slight variation in the terpenes and effects since both Bangi Haze regular and fem releases use 2 different and divergent BH females (25 and 29) for these traits. Bangi Haze prefers soft/moderate feeding during seedling stage and overall growth, but accepts more PK nutrients in the peak of flower production.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks wonderful passing mid flowering Legalcdn ;) Well done!

I bred the 3 latest Bangi Haze generations, it's a very long term breeding first started by mano negra, then stabilized and focused by estai, and later by charlie garcia in mid generations, so it's more a breeding work done by several people rather than just one person.

I vegged for 8 weeks..56 days. Bangi has no issues with cold or heat. Leaf temp does not impact buds. She under 220w bridgelux eb gen2 strips. She is sharing light with malawi at the moment.

Dubi, thanks for the breeding work on bangi.

View Image

Cleaned8272727

Bangi Haze Train

Bangi Haze Train

BH train going full choo-choo.

Both of my bangis were vegged in solo cups for two weeks then transplanted into 5 gal pots and continued vegging for a total of 2 months. They veg slower than my hybrids, but I think they will be a lot bigger in the end.

The branchy pheno was sent to flower 1 week before the stout, thick-stemmed pheno, but now they're both in flower. Branchy pheno has started the slow stretch, as seen here. I give all my plants heavy defoliation around day 12 of flower.

picture.php

I left the lower leaves mostly alone while the top stalks are trimmed to ensure all bud sites receive a lot of light. This pheno has an amazing exotic incense smell by rubbing the stalk.

picture.php

This stouter pheno hasn't been defoliated yet. No special smell like the other plant but the stems has amazing hardiness to them so I have a feeling the vigor will explode later in flower.

Here is both:

picture.php

Yellowing on the leaves is from my stupid ass not paying attention and fed it molasses instead of my other flowering hybrid, no big deal. For now the canopies of both are filling up my whole tent, I reckon in a month it will be a forest in my 2x4 so I'd have to use an industrial fan a couple hours a day on them to prevent mold.

I must have read this thread three times now lol so I think I'm going to have some killer smokes by the end of this grow. I'm hyped the fuck up already lol.

Cleaned8272727

Welcome Azn00superman,

Glad to see you growing Bangi Haze. Hope the gnats are under control before the start of flowering.

They have a good structure after the topping to yield properly. Take in consideration Bangi Haze is very inbred therefore it's yield is average, better in outcrosses. It's a very stable strain for growing structures, flowering times, mold resistance, etc .... with slight variation in the terpenes and effects since both Bangi Haze regular and fem releases use 2 different and divergent BH females (25 and 29) for these traits. Bangi Haze prefers soft/moderate feeding during seedling stage and overall growth, but accepts more PK nutrients in the peak of flower production.

Good to know dubi, thanks

Both of them are from femmed seeds. The gnats weren't a problem as I've had the same growing/pest management practice for a while now so it's pretty dialed in.

Yield is definitely one of my biggest concerns. I'm addressing this by letting them veg for about two months and I'm pretty good with LST, plus both of them had extensive toppings done (both topped at least 8 times to reduce height as I only have a 5 foot ceiling minus light and pot).

Cryptlord9999

Welcome Cryptlord9999 :)

Very healthy and uniform looking Bangi Haze group. :yes:
Looking forward to follow their progress in flowering.
How many females did you get at the end ?

Thank you very much for supporting our work!

I ended up getting 6 female plants out of 7 plants (sexed 3-6 weeks from germination), 1 of which is a narrower leaf phenotype and more "sativa" looking, it also doesnt like as much nutrients as the others and when the stems are rubbed, has a string liquorice smell to it.

Right now im just waiting for my cuttings to finish rooting so I can flower them, and then select 1 or 2 to be a mother plant to keep around, the others will end up as my outdoor plants this year. I took 4 cuts from each plant and cut them back, but the male i just cut back as he will be used for a seed run on the following cycle after ive selected which mom(s) will be kept. The male plant oddly enough has the nicest branching/structure, wasnt the tallest plant (was probly 3rd or 4th tallest once the others caught up after germination), which is unusual as in most cases, male plants tend to grow taller, with less pronounced branching than female plants, it was the first to germinate too.

I only currently have space for 3 moms, so I want to select just one (my favorite right now is the more "sativa" looking pheno) and then start other cultivars to fill the other 2 spaces, in the future I will expand so I can keep 6 moms on hand. I want to have moms of multiple cultivars so I can switch it up and have variety, but stick to 1 cultivar per cycle in my 4x4 tent.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you have had a high female ratio from your Bangi Haze regular seedlings Cryptlord9999 :yes:

Keep clones of all the different mothers in the mother room properly labeled until you can evaluate each mother after curing, it's tedious but you will end up selecting the one/s you really prefer smoke wise.

Cleaned8272727

picture.php

Bangi Hazes starting week 4 and 5 flowering respectively. The stretch is becoming a problem. I didn't think "compact" for a sativa was still really fkn tall lol probably shouldn't have vegged them that long. Lowered the light to 10/14 to hurry them up.

Bleiweis

Veteran
Brings back memories of my first sativa grows in my greenhouse. FML was usually my comment also.

Now i have a different approach. Before my plants start flowering (sativa ones) they have to be just that big, that i ask myself "are these to small?". Then they turn out perfect :) but of course it all depends on the space you have available.

Grover Sativa

Thanks for the feedback friend ;)

Glad your found your Bangi Haze plants consistently uniform for most traits. There are still variations in the terpene profiles since 2 mothers with different terpene profiles are used to produce both the regular and fem versions of the strain, but the line is pretty consistent for growth, shape, finishing times, resistance, effects, etc .... guess it is still early, but i'm very curious to know your opinion about their smoke after curing process.

So, Bangi Haze is cured and well 'tested' now...

The general vibe is a very clear and energetic african style buzz that is great for 'wake and bake' with a comfortable, clear hug from the Nepal side.
The high is not so complicated but it works really well. The Chakras that are hit stay hit!
If it was more psychedelic, like the thai, or stoney then it would not work so well at what it does.

I can smoke it all day and get on with my life but I am happy all the time yet if I take time out to enjoy a spliff alone it feels as indulgent as it should.

There are differences between the different plants - some are a bit lemony and others more anise and some are a bit more on the side of the nepalese and have a more calming back end, whilst others are buzzy to the finish.. some are fatter and others have more stick. I liked them all equally! Great smoke.

The strength rises significantly on curing, euphoria first, with the more calming side appearing around Christmas.. Then the general strength rising another week or so.

I now understand what these may bring to hybrids and I am looking forwards to exploring the Bangi/Egyptian as soon as I can.

Dubi has mentioned the Bangi/Panama to me and it looks absolutely fucking lovely.... and of course, there is Bangi/Congo. Bangi Haze may be old and inbred now but there is plenty more to come from her hybrids yet...

One warning - watching Narcos whilst smoking this is a fucking sweaty palmed bag-of-nerves experience! You can't invest to heavily in a character on that show as they could easily get shot in the face in the next 10 minutes... I digress.