What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze taking you to the next phase.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Found my selected males. I planted a Full pack, ended up with a lot of males to choose from. They seemed to fall into 2 categories of smells - sweet / candy / crisp and skunk / hashy / pungency. I am open pollinating with the most vigorous / prolific of each type in a tent with my favorite / duplicate female plants I have laying around so to speak.

All in all, the bangi haze were very uniform, was hard to choose, and was subtle differences that made the selection.

Females:

Best panama red "pink / red" from my breeders pack from seed.
Best malawai in veg from seed

Slymer golden ticket
Super Qrazy #1 (best female) bred by bigworm6969 (superstitious x qrazy train)
Dog Kush (headband x og kush)
Cherry pie
Grape Ape
Wet Dreams (delicious critical sensi star x bohdi dream lotus)
Grand master kush #2 bred by treemansbuds Grand daddy purple x master kush
jillanje bred by Mohican of Rollitup African mulanje landrace sativa x TGA jillybean

Hi Paynefarms,

I'm so glad to see your Bangi Hazes and that you are reproducing them and making crosses :)
Bangi Haze is a quite inbred and uniform strain nowadays
and as you have experienced the best qualities to decide which are the best parental plants can only be found in the last weeks of flowering and after testing the finished product.

I also produced a Panama x Bangi Haze cross a few months ago that i'm eagerly to try! Best wishes with your projects!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi orfeas,

Bangi Haze is a quite inbred line so don't expect an explosive vigor in their first weeks of life. They grow with good rhythm in their second month of life once they are well established.
Now it's a good moment to provide them bigger pots outdoors, so they can make a strong growing stage and reach a big size in early summer before the flowering.

The line had frequent mutations generations ago like curled leaves, infertility, dwarfism, producing 3-4 branches per node, etc ... I have bred the latest generations always selecting parental plants with good, vigor, health and without undesirable mutations although some may still can pop up, fortunately in much lesser frequency in the latest generations.

The curled leaves in your second plant could be due the genetics (if that's the case, she will grow normal again after a bit more of growing time) or due a macronutrient overfeeding.
Bangi Haze doesn't need too much nutrients in early veg, try to clean the plants showing the problem with pure water and correct PH and let's see how they react to the cleaning.

Koondense

Veteran
@Dubi
Panama x BH is something I wish for a long time to see on offer on Ace website. Do you think a fem release is likely to happen?
I like a lot the practice of crossing parallel lines as you mentioned in the malawi x pck thread, same should be done with panama x bh i think.
Please let us know the outcomes of these crosses. If at any time you need a tester, i'm available of course;)

Cheers

orfeas

Veteran
Hi orfeas,

Bangi Haze is a quite inbred line so don't expect an explosive vigor in their first weeks of life. They grow with good rhythm in their second month of life once they are well established.
Now it's a good moment to provide them bigger pots outdoors, so they can make a strong growing stage and reach a big size in early summer before the flowering.

The line had frequent mutations generations ago like curled leaves, infertility, dwarfism, producing 3-4 branches per node, etc ... I have bred the latest generations always selecting parental plants with good, vigor, health and without undesirable mutations although some may still can pop up, fortunately in much lesser frequency in the latest generations.

The curled leaves in your second plant could be due the genetics (if that's the case, she will grow normal again after a bit more of growing time) or due a macronutrient overfeeding.
Bangi Haze doesn't need too much nutrients in early veg, try to clean the plants showing the problem with pure water and correct PH and let's see how they react to the cleaning.

Thanks heaps, dubi!

The Bangies seem to be recovering alright and I think I've got one female...a few of the ones you sent already cracked having been in the water for two days and today I've buried them in small cups...see what comes...I'll be starting a new thread soon...

:tiphat:Orfeas

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@Dubi
Panama x BH is something I wish for a long time to see on offer on Ace website. Do you think a fem release is likely to happen?
I like a lot the practice of crossing parallel lines as you mentioned in the malawi x pck thread, same should be done with panama x bh i think.
Please let us know the outcomes of these crosses. If at any time you need a tester, i'm available of course;)

Cheers

Hi Koodense,

Yes, we have produced a Panama x Bangi Haze fem F1, it's a cross between Panama Goddess mother and Bangi Haze female 29 (reversed), should produce a strong and tasty good yielding sativa dominant hybrid with nice terpenes and solid effect.

Holeshot

Me please

Me please

Hi Koodense,

Yes, we have produced a Panama x Bangi Haze fem F1, it's a cross between Panama Goddess mother and Bangi Haze female 29 (reversed), should produce a strong and tasty good yielding sativa dominant hybrid with nice terpenes and solid effect.
Put me down for some!!! So Dubi .. What about the breeders pack .!!! When ! Lines ... ???? . Maybe early Christmas present ??!!

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Koodense,

party.gif
party.gif
party.gif

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Put me down for some!!! So Dubi .. What about the breeders pack .!!! When ! Lines ... ???? . Maybe early Christmas present ??!!

+1 panama and bangi are 2 of my less troubled plants growing right now. this is the first year for them but the ease of growth and trouble free will guerantee that im growing them again next year. i hate plants that u have to hold their hand all the way through the grow.

The English Cut

Panama Goddess x Bangi Haze #29

Panama Goddess x Bangi Haze #29

Hi Koodense,

I've got two of these hybrids out in the garden right now, germinated in the last batch sometime mid-may. Nice and vigorous, healthy and easy growing so far, they definitely smell great, the more narrow-leaved of the two in particular has a very powerful terpene profile, hard to describe but citric/woody/sickly sweet baby puke gives an idea. The other one is more perfume/soap.

There's a lot of mole activity in the spot where they're planted (so many earthworms to feed on) so it's hard to say how they'll do. They seem un-phased at the moment but I need to take cuttings asap just in case they take a sudden turn for the worse. Excited to try these and some other crosses I made last year with a Bangi Haze male here. I've got Bubba Hash x Bangi Haze and Dansk Diesel(Sour Diesel IBL) x Bangi Haze on the go and they both smell great. A friend is growing some (Hindu Kush x Krome's Triangle) x Bangi Haze that I made and he's really, really impressed with the plants, the smell in particular. Excited to smoke that one, the HK x KT is one of the best plants i've ever grown, a real resin monster, as is the Dansk Diesel. Anyway enough about my pollen chucks, here are the Panama x Bangi Haze, huge thanks to dubi for the seeds. Peace, TEC.
picture.php
picture.php

Koondense

Veteran
Hey The English Cut, only now I see your post, very nice plants. How are they progressing in this time, any updates?
I'll soon pop a couple of these Panama Bangi seeds for an indoor run, hopefully they will like the habitat.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone.

Found one really nice F29 that produces dense, very strong smelling beautiful flowers.
Still have the clone and will show it later. Just one solid nug of her now.
Pollinated her and my first BH keeper with the best F29 male. Seeds are half done now.

Attachments

• F29.jpg
    F29.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 16

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Starting these E25 seeds now.

Attachments

• E25.jpg
    E25.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 11
  • E25 seed.jpg
    E25 seed.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 13

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many germed in only a few hours.
Soaked in RO water, in a warm dark place.
Will put them into their own pots later today.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 8

Holeshot

Hey Zanddar, I have both the phenos coming soon too. I grew a Reg seed out , which was leaning to the E 25 . The smaller pheno,if that is correct. It was a very nice smoke , good hit and high with a minty floral taste.It was a bit leafy, if I wanted to be picky.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the info Holeshot and good to know.

Have 10 nice ones from E25. One is very stretchy and maybe a male.
The others are more compact and stinky too. Looking real nice and healthy.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 17

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2 weeks flower

2 weeks flower

Hello everyone.

Yes I should tell you what's up. :)

Got one nice female from F29 in clone and flower her out later to show you.

Got 3 nice females 2 weeks in flower from E25.
Lights on and will get better pics later.

Plants have very nice strong smell in veg.

Until later. :dance013:

Attachments

• E25-male.jpg
    E25-male.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 18
  • E25-3.jpg
    E25-3.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 15
  • E25-2.jpg
    E25-2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 17
  • E25-1.jpg
    E25-1.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 17
  • BH19 + BH F29.jpg
    BH19 + BH F29.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 21

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
BH Seeds

BH Seeds

Hello everyone.

Been busy working on improving this for all.

A few seeds from BH19, which was the first and best I found.

Also some seeds from the best F29 female.

Used the best F29 male on both.

Will be using the E25 male on BH19, F29 and E25 best females this summer.

Let the plants go until almost dead.
Was pollinating a few times over the period and some matured faster.
Only ever use the best seeds anyways though.

Good day. :tiphat:

Attachments

• F29.jpg
    F29.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 19
  • BH19.jpg
    BH19.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: