What's new

Bangi Haze in DWC/Bubbler

Hello everyone :wave: This is my second grow and my first time growing in a bubbler and dealing with Hydroponics. I've been successful so far, my Bangi Haze is through with veggin' and I just put it in my flowering chamber. I use Pure Blend Pro formula mixed with Liquid Karma. I was growing in soil, but I didn't like the mess indoors, my plants were more susceptible to disease and when you take those things into consideration, hydro is easier to maintain. I veg in a chamber that is 2'Wx 2 1/2' H x 2'D and has 80w of CFL (4 x 20w) in a color specturm of 6500k.

Here is some pics of the growth of Bangi Haze:

Here is Bangi Haze at the start of the third week of veg:

Bangi Haze after I topped it:

Now the Bangi Haze is in the flowering chamber that is lighted by a 150w HPS. I'll have measurements and pictures up later on tonight. I still don't know if it is a female or not, but I have another Bangi Haze and it is growing tall. I also have some other strains I will be adding to the grow journal, but they were suffering from oidium and in order to save them I had to top them, and to keep it spreading inside the garden I threw out the rest of the plants. The strains I will be adding to this journal are: Aurora Indica, Satori, Sweet Tai, and Mindbender. Bangi Haze was the only seedling that had resistance to the oidium, which is a favorable trait and I plan breeding with it male or female. Also, I took 6 cuttings of the Bangi Haze and put them in my bubble cloner that is in a PC Case powered by one 20w 6500k CFL on 16/8 and they root in about 5-10 days. I will have more pictures up later on tonight.

Last edited:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Looks clean and very healthy. If you have any left over you might want to tape some of the reflectix over your units to insulate from the heat. Root temps are one of the keys in this gig to me. Happy Buds!
H

G

I grew a &^%* load of Banghi Haze last winter and I guarantee you'll be loving the end result.Smooth sweet smoke and uniformly potent, you'll be real stoked.Glad to see someone else doing it up nicely.Chaco. :joint:

G

Cool to see a Banghi Haze grow. I had some beans but gave em to a friend. I think Ace says these are like an F6 so should be pretty uniform by now.

Yeah, this is a F6 I'm pretty excited!! Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I can't wait 'till I see pre-flowers, either way I'm going to be happy

Here's an update. I still haven't seen any preflowers, but Bangi Haze has been growing very well... Here is a picture of it, she's short like a female so I'm prayin on it:

I'm not sure what the measurements of my flowering chamber are, but I would guess it to be 4'H x 1.7' D x 2.5'W. For the lighting I use a 150w HPS with supplemented LEDs in a wavelength of 630nm on each side. Here is a picture of how much room I have left

Last edited:
Haps said:
Looks clean and very healthy. If you have any left over you might want to tape some of the reflectix over your units to insulate from the heat. Root temps are one of the keys in this gig to me. Happy Buds!
H

That sounds like a great idea, especially b/c where I am it gets really hot. I'll have to get a temp. gauge and reflectix one to experiment and check out your suggestion. Thanks!

Chaco said:
I grew a &^%* load of Banghi Haze last winter and I guarantee you'll be loving the end result.Smooth sweet smoke and uniformly potent, you'll be real stoked.Glad to see someone else doing it up nicely.Chaco. :joint:

Glad to hear your success and satisfaction with growing Bangi Haze, thanks for the motivation! I can't wait to taste it.

Here are some more pictures from what I have in my veg chamber.

Here is my other Bangi Haze:

I gave it a bit of a strong mix and it stunted it, but then it had a burst of growth.

Here is my Mindbender

This is a topping from a tri-cotyledon seedling; I had to top it in order to save the tri-cotyledon trait when the oidium struck. Now it has another chance at being strong and healthy. I want to breed with this plant to preserve this trait, how would you go about doing it? I was thinking, if it is a female I would self her in an attempt to see all recessive traits, hopefully finding more tri-cotyledons to breed with, along with choosing a donor male to breed; then, I would have a S1 generation and an F1 generation that had the tri-cotyledon trait in its gene pool, right? On the other hand, if it is a male I would select a female from my small collection of strains to breed with hoping to eventually find a female tri-cotyledon and self it, along with choosing a male to breed, in order to have those two gene pools. All in an attempt to breed a stabilized potent tri-cotyledon phenotype, only b/c it would be fun and interesting in the years to come. I really want to atleast attempt to preserve this trait, and I think it could be done b/c it's a trait that is exposed as a seedling, so I could make seed beds with many seedlings, once I produce enough seeds.

ogatec said:
heheh sure looks fat & squatty for a haze!

I topped it when it was young and it was only vegged in 80 watts of cfl, but it should be stretching out here soon; it hasn't even shown pre-flowers yet.

Last edited:
Here's another update on Bangi Haze

I love the vigor in this strain. It is already starting to stretch out since it's been in the 150w HPS flower chamber. It's only been in there for 5 days, but it still hasn't shown pre-flowers that I can determine sex from. Here's Bangi Haze 4 days into flower chamber:

And here's the next day... it just keeps on growing fast and strong!

As for the tri-cotyledon Mindbender, I don't know if I want to breed with it anymore, b/c it isn't uniform at all. I might self it if it is a female and then see if there is any uniform tri-cots in the S1 generation. If I can find nice siblings, I might continue to breed for an inbred tri-cot by incorporating the recessive trait through back-crossing to this recurrent parent: Tri-Cotyledon Mindbender.

Last edited:
Small update.

Bangi Haze has been growing fast.
Here's a comparrison of when I first put it in there and now, nine days later.

Still hasn't shown preflowers.

G

That Banghi is looking very frikkin sweet but forgot to mention what I noticed before....some minor Ca (Mg?) issues and maybe just pH related. It's showing up on the older leaves on the edges.

Nondual said:
That Banghi is looking very frikkin sweet but forgot to mention what I noticed before....some minor Ca (Mg?) issues and maybe just pH related. It's showing up on the older leaves on the edges.

Yea, it was from the ph fluctuating which gave it some sort of deficiency, but I've been trying to maintain ph level at 5.5 - 6.5. But maybe I should add some cal mag? I was thinking it was a Potassium deficiency, but you might be right about the mag. def. Thanks Nondual.

rifishman

oldPathBluSky... You are gonna love the Bangi. I have mine coming out over the next few days, one tree at a time.

Very nice plant to grow and watch glisten. The smoke is superb and Ace Seeds is tops in my book.

These are some shots from last night of a few of the buds.

:rasta: :muahaha:

rifishman said:
oldPathBluSky... You are gonna love the Bangi. I have mine coming out over the next few days, one tree at a time.

Very nice plant to grow and watch glisten. The smoke is superb and Ace Seeds is tops in my book.

These are some shots from last night of a few of the buds.

:rasta: :muahaha:

Thanks for joining me! I was wondering if you were going to stop by (I saw your pics in the Bangi Haze thread in the ACE forums) How much did one of your plants yeild, and how tall were they? (they looked beautiful) Those are some nice lookin' pics :canabis: I'm a big fan of Ace seeds too, this strain has been a blast growing, can't wait to smoke some.

rifishman

:joint: Chopped 2 of the 16 trees last night. All trimmed and drying in the basement.

I had a lower branch or two I trimmed last week and have been trying it out for the past week. OMFG. This strain is TOPS! Your gonna love it.

Plant 16: trimmed weight was 3.26 z
Plant 15: trimmed weight was 2.95 z

In checking the trich's, I think I have a few days to go on the trees, so I am yanking 2 every night over the next week or so to see if there is any noticable difference in weights or the smoke.

I have yet to have a more milder, smoother head high than what the Bangi delivers. Very enjoyable, very energetic. The taste is something I have never experienced and is quite unique, yet very enjoyable.

I just finished my homemade EZcloner and have been testing it out with some cuttings from the Mums. I have it under a blue LED from www.groovygrow.com that I had bought last year. The plants are a vibrant green color even 4 days after the snip from the Mum.

Trying to keep the water/air at around 70-72 degrees and it seems to be working.

You will love the Bangi. Keep up the grow and keep us posted on your results.

Happy Growing!

:rasta:

Nice, 3 zips a plant, how much wattage per square-foot did you use? Those clones do look really really healthy, I'm thinking about making one, cus the one I have right now uses 2" net cups with the bottom cut out and when I take my clones I put them in rockwool cubes or jiify pellets, but they don't look as nice as yours do.

rifishman

Nice, 3 zips a plant, how much wattage per square-foot did you use?

In one room I have 2 Eurogrowers that each are holding 8 plants. The Eurogrowers are 4' x 2' so the room is basically 4' x 4' (16SF)

I have a 1000HPS in there so it is 62.5W/sf. Could be a little overkill but it seems to be doing the trick.

What I do have planned next cycle is to place 2 plants in each pot. The Eurogrower pots are quite large so it should hold the root mass.

These EG devices were my first hydro try and I was impressed with the results. Very easy to monitor. I change out the nutes every 2 weeks, sometimes 3 and am topping them off with regular well water at the moment since I am into my last 1-2 weeks.

A new room I just added is designed after AlB Fuct and his "Harvest every 2 weeks". I must have read that post a million times before I took the plunge.

Took a few weeks but I have a 13' x 6' room that has four Ebb and Flow trays. Each tray holds 24 plants. I have a 1000HPS over the first two trays in there now. Used a bat wing on them and the plants are doing great.

My biggest obstacle was the f^% cloning. Tried the trays and dome covers, but I think the area was too hot and couldn't keep it under 80 (ambient air) and I know the air under the dome was around 90, so I was just cooking the poor clones.

About a week ago I came across the EZCloner take off and had it built in one day and night.

Rubbermade container from HD as well a the pump, misters (Rainbird) and the 1/2" pvc. Thought about plugs for a few days and ended up going to WW to grab some 2" pucks and they are working like a charm.

First container I drilled 2-1/4 inch holes and then found the pucks were too small so just went and got a whole new container and did a 1-7/8" hold and the pucks are nice and tight and no water coming out.

I put them in on Saturday last and they are very healthy, but no signs of roots.

I tried cloning in the rockwool cubes, first using the big 4" ones and then the 1-1/2" ones, finally getting a bit of results but really need to get 30 good clones every 2 weeks to keep it going.

The cover of the Rubbermade container ha 71 holes, so 71 clones every 2 weeks. Hell, I'll the keep the extra's and get them outside in a few months.

I'm hoping the clones do well and they will just be transferred to the 7" square pots in the 3' x 3' Ebb&Flow trays.

All in all I am running 2400 watts of HPS, but may need to bump it to 3400hps.

Just having fun with my new hobby :jump:

Yea, you're doing great too. I'm going to have to build a cloner like that only on a smaller scale, because those clones look very nice.

Last edited: