What's new

Banana Kush INFO?

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
grown it a few times, have one flowerin now.

as said frosty nice strong aroma, more along the lines of a banana peel. plant is very branchy, requires alot of nippin as she grows. no need to top it. complete utter pain to trim. leaves are thick all over. bud dont come out hard like a kush for me, more sativa type growth, buds are a little lite.

its not a easy plant to grow, delicate touch with the nutes. i personally think those that arent gettin a decent smoke just missed gettin the plant right. im on the 4th go, and still havent gotten it dead on. all ive grown require stakein, gets floppy real fast, even just the fans bend the branchin.

high can be a complete dud, and can be decent, what you get will definitly depend on the grow of it, more then any other plants ive grown.

i like the tight nodes, thick branchin and the tric field, gonna run some strawberry pollens over the latest in flower.

CBF

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Im running a single BasicKush x BananaKush x ChemD right now, hoping for a female....not fast vegging, but not as slow as DC for instance...ill post up some pics here when i get to flower...

Stay Safe

baet

clearbarbedfunk-it will be completely organic, outdoors in 100% rich vermicompost, fed only teas. you think it'd produce quality nugs going that route?

man it's really a bummer, i've been really wanting to grow a good kush, with dense nugs and killer smoke, and the banana seems like it might disappoint. the worst part is i had a connection to killer blueberryogkush, headband, and a fire SSH cross, know im forced to purchase most of my strains ata dispensary, and i feel like my selection of clones available are disappointing. i am getting some good green crack cuttings though.

i was at 2 bananas, know im thinking 1 in the garden... hmmm

baet

after reading your post again CBF i'm wondering why your on your forth run of bananakush... what i'm trying to get at is there must be something special that keeps you on board. is it the tight internode and trich production,and thick branchiness that makes it a good candidate for breeding with?

it must be a high yielder CBF?

biteme

mr. baet, outdoors will probably be your best shot at getting the tight nugs you're looking for with full exposure to the sun. one item mentioned previously is the best of the banana og will be found in crosses. what intentions mr. cbf has with the banana og are his alone but he has been known to explore certain hybrids of his own making every now and then. peace-biteme

O

ocean99

There was a pound that I got about an 8th out of a while ago, some of the worst pot I've ever smoked. If you have the choice grow some real OG, this does not compare.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
after reading your post again CBF i'm wondering why your on your forth run of bananakush... what i'm trying to get at is there must be something special that keeps you on board. is it the tight internode and trich production,and thick branchiness that makes it a good candidate for breeding with?

it must be a high yielder CBF?

im on my 4th run tryin to ensure i dont toss a good plant. i havent brought it in to my satisfation yet. i would like a banana in my OP.

you wont have a problem gettin a bush, plant makes more branchin then ya can stand. and it does yield fairly well.

its nothin like any of the kushes goin around. wont stretch much, and the bud is no where near a tight hard kush bud.

ima gonna outcross it and see what it does.

CBF

ran it a few times good yield great look and smell great taste overall a winner not as potent as pure ogs but very good nonetheless some people like it best of all my strains personal taste i guess.

215 User

Giving it a go on 4:20...

Big Banana (Banana O.G. x Sour O.G.) x Cherry Ak-47 x Kryptonite O.G.

baet

ocean99-well shit, hahaa, i've got nothing to say to that. looking at one banana possibly in the garden...

bicycle-yeah, im reading on random threads off google and some people are saying its killer and some of their favorite smoke. then on here on icmag theres people saying its a dud in the smoke department.

consensus still says its superrrr frosty, high yielding, tight internodes, and smells good, sounds like a good commercial cropper, which could be perfect, it won't be a personal stash plant.

Relentless

Veteran
im runnin banana kush too.. like others have said, its branchy, needs to be staked to support its weight. long thin buds covered in trichomes, but it appears to be a biatch to trim.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
banana kush 6 wks.............

CBF

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

baet

CBF-you werent kidding, that's some floppy shit ha. looks frosty and tasty though fersure. nice plant man. super branchy, which i like too. very healthy

lord-good to know.

im actually possibly pulling the BK... maybe not. i've got a true blue dream source id love to run, which i will if i can. and now i got the supersilverhaze x velvet cut back most likely, just gotta wait 2-3 weeks, killer dense nugs, huge yield.

so i've got some killer greencrack, bluedream, and silver velvet cross. 2 of each is ideal, that means my 6 BKs might get sold or snapped, snappin necks.

and my friend is running that same line up, but instead of 2 bluedream he's running 2 strawberry coughs.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks like a '9' smells like a '7' smokes like a '6'
i think its like smoking a pack of malboros with the 'flavor'.

do i know you? thats the exact same shit i say about banana lol

hows it going baet you still growing the bananas out?

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
I've ran the banana kush for a looonngg time and it is just now on its way out. I've had a diffferent experience. My Bk yields super well, good bud to leaf ratio, INSANE strength and fruity fruity smell. I've gotten her to purple up heavy with just cold temps.

Here's a few pictures.. Def the same cut.

Actually the first time I ran it I flipped a just rooted clone in a half gallon pot. It got the corner of the room on the floor and only the leftover from other flowering plants nutrients/water regardless the week and it yielded 29 Grams

Pretty damn good for a 6inch freshly rooted clone. I could fit like 50 of those under a light no problem.

I'm dropping it though because the smell and taste are generic. SWEET I can't stand super sweet strains. It needs something interesting added to the mix, but would be good for p1 stock imo.

Latest posts

Latest posts