What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Banana Kush 3rd week of flower

kyndone

IMG_0444.jpg
[/IMG]

Banana OG, wasnt my favorite, it had a real tweaky paranoid kinda high, tried to put a pic up, but not sure how.

BeaverHuntr

I get Banana Kush all the time for my private dude who gets it from Oakland..He always claims the THC is 20% and sometimes I believe it because this smoke is like medicinal after 1 - 2 bong rips you instantly feel it in the eyes and cheeks...then the couch lock sets in... Doesn't taste like banana at all only when you open the jar do you get a slight whiff of banana but either way a kick ass top notch strain with high THC.

P

Paco

it should look similar to this.
Sorry about the old pics( which are incidentally everywhere). I haven't run this cut in a few cycles.

P

Paco

yeah it's banana kush, i call it banana. as mine is not a very kush dominant plant. this is one of a couple clones in CO.I took this one to seventy days. it has more of a punch to your face the longer it's on the vine. But it looks like you can pull it at 55-60 days.

robbiedublu

well, first of all...the "Banana Kush" that is being grown IS NOT the same cross as what I was referring to...

The original Banana OG was Og'er Kush x Sag "60/40".

Elite Genetics used this cross at one point and time and made several lines from it. Those genes were saved by an individual who started another site after getting into it with the owner of another site. (neither of which is ICm)

It seems to me...any "banana' that this guy is using from breeding, has been sourced from old seeds produced by Elite. And for those that have any time to keep up with history, can tell you flat out that MOST everything made and put out by Elite was just pollen chucking with fancy names that sounded tasty. Did he strike gold a few times in his chucking career...yeah. It seems so. (Lemon Larry for example)

However, if If I am wrong....someone correct me. But from best I have found or been able to put together, this is the origin of these current genes....(????)

dank.Frank

I have an Elitegenetics double dipped sour banana kush which I am running a couple of clones of for the 2nd time. They're just finishing week 6 today. If I remember correctly it went about 10 weeks. I'll try to snap some pics and post them up in the next day or 2. After this run I have to decide if it's worth keeping or not.

kyndone

I have an Elitegenetics double dipped sour banana kush which I am running a couple of clones of for the 2nd time. They're just finishing week 6 today. If I remember correctly it went about 10 weeks. I'll try to snap some pics and post them up in the next day or 2. After this run I have to decide if it's worth keeping or not.

ya, robbiedablu, i got word that the banana sour was in pretty good demand right now, i cant seem to find any down here just yet, but it sounds bomb., what does the double dipped mean? would love to see some pics.

kyndone

Shantaram

yeah it's banana kush, i call it banana. as mine is not a very kush dominant plant. this is one of a couple clones in CO.I took this one to seventy days. it has more of a punch to your face the longer it's on the vine. But it looks like you can pull it at 55-60 days.

paco, i have tried to find a "pure" banana kush, but im thinking they dont exist, banana trees ive found, or heard of, have something else in it, (OG, lemon, ect.), also, you said 55-60 days, thats fast, is it because of the sativa dominance?

GoozMan

Well Kyndone, I have almost caught up with your title. This weekend marks flower week 3 for me, will get some pics up soon. Lollipopped recently, there was a ton of smaller side branching to get rid of. There's a main stem from almost every plant in the shed that is right up to the light and I'm running out of height so I pinched the stem and gently bent the tops down. They've reoriented themselves back towards the light and now it's time sit and watch paint dry...

The BK totally looks sativa, is it really kush?

nvthis

I have the one known as Banana Kush (pic), I also have one of two cuts available of Banana OG which I haven't flowered yet. The banana kush has a sweet/sour funk that explodes in the cure. You almost have to really use your imagination to get banana from it, but every once in a while, when ya crack the jar, it really hits home..

Attachments

• 2010_0512May140021.jpg
    2010_0512May140021.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 10

kyndone

ya, i believe the banana og is sativa dominant,, personally i like the indica dom. trees, but i got this one as a gift., so i did what i could, im still trying to find out if there is a banana strain that is more indica dom.

kyndone

nvthis that bud you have in that pic of ur's looks just like green crack.,( beautiful nug)., is that banana?, u said u have a banana kush tree, is it crossed with anything?

kyndone

GoozMan, dont put my title on urself, you dont want it...trust me, this is the last in a series of 2 that have not gone well for me., my first one was a jack herrer, (was not a god one for me, very sensative), and now this one, this next one im makin it all the way through flower, if it kills me., but im going for 2 different strains., and i want to find a "real" banana kush.

nvthis

nvthis that bud you have in that pic of ur's looks just like green crack.,( beautiful nug)., is that banana?, u said u have a banana kush tree, is it crossed with anything?

I have grown these two together (BK and GC).. The BK had a slightly more vert stance and the GC was like the popcorn queen. Both were similar in scent only as far as strong and sweet, but passed that they are nothing alike and the banana has got her beat out on frost..

She is just how I got her, no cross. She cures out to a beautiful bright green and the incredible smell does not transition into the flavor very well at all. The taste is a little skunky and... I dunno.. I can only say "green bud-ish", if that makes sense.

jiggasouza

i just tried some banana kush last week. tell u the truth i wasnt too impressed. its was dank but they was making like it was all that n it didnt hold up. it looked realy nice though.

kyndone

I can only say "green bud-ish", if that makes sense.

i get what ur saying. it sounds sweet none the less.

GoozMan

I forgot about this thread. Well the harvest from the banana kush came and left. It was delicious but definitely my least favorite of the five strains I grew out this round. I had read a thread earlier that described this as an "unrefined" smoke and I'd say I agree with that. Poor bud-to-leaf ratio, and while it produced a lot it didn't blow the other plants out of the water like I expected.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It was still damn fine smoke because I grew it and didn't buy it.

OldLuck

From Seed

From Seed

Here is my plat banana ogk. Smell very much like sweet banana peels with some ogness undertones.

Attachments

• cam 051.jpg
    cam 051.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 19
  • bananaf7.jpg
    bananaf7.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Sativa canopy
    Sativa canopy
    121 KB · Views: 29
  • week7-25.jpg
    week7-25.jpg