What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bald Eagles in Iowa Growing Hemp

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Bad news. DN9 has fallen out of the nest.

DN9 was exploring the outer branches probably to try to escape the gnats. He scratched his head and fell. His parents are still watching over him but no one knows his condition as of now.

View Image

Man, they really do have a hard life.

Hopefully he's close to being able to fly?

Hydro8

Man, they really do have a hard life.

Hopefully he's close to being able to fly?

I think he is about 9-weeks old so he should be able to get off the ground.

His fall might not of been too bad he probably has enough feathers to keep from hitting the ground to hard. Still very dangerous with possibilities of breaking wings on branches.

A fight for survival now. Hopefully he can stay off the ground for another 2 weeks or so until he gets some more wing feathers.

PDX Dopesmoker

Well they apparently captured the bird and are hand raising it instead of letting fight for survival on it's own because they're such nature lovers.
Coincidence that all this went down right after the pot plants were discovered? What was that long camera outage about before the bird fell out of the nest?

Hydro8

I am afraid DN9 has been arrested. Hopefully he will be free soon.

picture.php

redlaser

Veteran
Looks like they’re trying to break DN9, maybe to get him to reveal his weed sources.

Fucking Iowa gestapo hitting an all time low, I’m betting Dn9 will keep quiet.

Hydro8

DN9 is still doing time, no plea, no deals, no singing. Hopefully he will be out soon.

His hemp grow is still going, seems as if the state and federal agents have not been able to get to it.

picture.php

therevverend

Veteran
I hope he doesn't get mixed up with the raptor gangs while he's in the joint. Getting in fights, dyeing his tail feathers red, the system is stacked man. One day you're a proud free eagle growing ganja in the treetops, the next you're hanging around with a bunch of hawks and ravens with crack shoved up your cloaca. My buddy got locked up at 17, next time I see him he's staying up all night smoking meth with a bunch of strung out owls.

Hookahhead

Plants are doing great, is that camera still online somewhere?

The link is in the OP. I just checked to see if the plants were still there, but didn't think about the fact that it's nighttime haha. I did discover some really nice nature noises if you put the cam on at night though.

Hydro8

Plants are doing great, is that camera still online somewhere?

The link on the OP goes to the camera but it is on the pasture most of the time these days. If you scroll down that page on the right is a comment feed some of the comments will post highlights that's where I got the recent nest picture from.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I gotta few fem beans to donate the eagle, let's see if these bastards can grow some OG or something. They'd have to be getting seeds off hemp to plant. These game warden in small towns sometimes don't have much to do, they probably have been watching that eagle like a hawk lol

Hydro8

DN9 was finally released today after 105 days in captivity. I think everyone can agree he was kept way to long.. DN9 never broke, never gave any information about his grow or associates, he refused all pleas and all deals from any state or federal thugs.

We do not know the state of his grow at this time. Most likely DN9 will have to pick up the pieces of his life and start his grow(s) again next year.

picture.php

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Even some eagles have their own grow journal haha! Should provide some relief to all the newbies worrying about the difficulty of growing.

I bet you there are some hemp stalks woven into that nest and that's where the seeds came from!