What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bahia Black Head, Day 102 Flowering

SativaJoe

102 days ?????????????????????/

Damn your a patient soul, I would have died waiting that long. I have some destroyer I'm planning on starting soon and I was worried about 80-85 days flowering.

Hopefully those puppies will last a longtime and give you a great sativa buzz.

SativaJoe

I'm a sativa lover, but that dosen't mean I like that long wait.

I'm sure my Destroyer grow will cause me many grey hairs........canna bio gen lists the flowering time from 56-84 days???? for a 100% sativa that seems a bit short....I guess time will tell

Rabbitt-420

102 Days is a long flowering period.
How much longer you plan on letting them ladies get there bud on ?
Any signs of mold on any buds ?
I would think that you have over flowered but im no expert on that strain nor any other lol.

billk6969

When I will harvest

When I will harvest

I have not seen any sign of mold, but then again my humidity is right around 25% all the time.

As far as over flowering, I am watching trichome maturity to make my decision on when to harvest. Watching to see a 50/50 milky/amber ratio before I cut them. Most of the tricomes are milky, but no amber yet. I guess that I will just watch and see. I have heard of some strains taking up to 120 days to finish.

I would hate to loose yeild because I cut too early, so I am just going to keep watching and waiting until they are mature enough.

If anyone thinks different, I would love to hear your suggestions and why.

881when-to-harvest.jpg

Keep smokin,

B

Rabbitt-420

Very informative.

I realize the tric's tell you when to harvest just was hoping you knew that also.
Im gonna have to see the total yeild from this grow.
Looks like it will be pretty nice.
How long did you veg them and under what lighting ?

billk6969

Veg Time

Veg Time

My Vegitative growth varies from strain to strain. I usually go by height (about 8-12 inches tall before switching to flowering) or I will go by number of Nodes (I will usually top my girls at the 4th or 5th node then switch to flowering).

I am using a 600 watt HPS light with a sun systems hood and glass sheilded.

Keep smokin,

B

G

in a report that i read , done by DJ SHORT, he says that trichomes wont always change color when grown indoor.

he says the best ways to judge maturity with indoor plants are the pistol coloring and calyx swelling.

once almost all your hairs are orange or whatever color they're turning, it's time....

i'm sure you know how to do your growing, as those plants look super awesome, but it sounded like you were looking for another opinion!

here is the link to that report if you're interested in reading it...

http://www.cannabisculture.com/backissues/cc11/harvest.html

anyway, good luck with those! and damn 120 days is a long time :eek:

:wave:

THC

Last edited:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Actually I go by a combination of factors...trichome color being one of those. Perhaps now would be a good time to consider whether the plant has reached a point of diminishing return.

I use trich color, along with diminishing return *in combination* to determine harvest time.

Those look incredibly sweet...let us know how the smoke turns out. :D

:wave:dg

Latest posts

Latest posts