What's new

Bad year for outdoor in cali?

Slangheat

wow almost twice the price for indoor ... is there really that much difference do you reckin for the price diff??

Many clubs I've gone to won't even sell grams, they sell by the 8th only.

Outdoor was grown by so many people, and a bunch of em figured the best way to off it for quick cash was the clubs. The mentality for these folks from start to finish was money, money, fuck it, it's a weed, money. So, the grow season was subpar, the harvest was subpar and the storage techniques were terrible. Now it's in the club where it's going to be over handled yet again, most likely kif'd etc, and then resold as top shelf.

On the streets I know many people who can get for 15-20 bucks an 8th that was weighed to 5 grams, of some very good OD bud. I guess it helps when everyone has a relative who grows in this state LOL.

IMO the club Babba's wife works at is a little more compassionate than others :tiphat:

the Rock

got a question for the outdoor growers(i do indoor mostly). I started about 60 plants outside this year, were about 8-12 inches tall. I guess I put them out a little early +may 20th, anyhow most of them have doubled or better in size but about half have started flowering,(which is good for weeding out males) my question is if I leave them out will they stop flowering with increase in daylight or should I cut preflowers off or would it be best to move them inside under 12/12? I guess the crazy weather hasnt helped much as weve gotten about 10in of rain in last 30 days(santa cruz mtns) TIA

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i was peekin over our fence and noticed the neighbors put their plants out too early too...anways they brought them all back inside....

i do know that a quick flower and reveg increases the nodes on the next flowering cycle,did this indoors a few times and the reveg'd plants always yeilded more nugs than the regular plants..

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
depends how far into flower they are. If they are too far when they reveg you will have 100 tiny little branches with little buds, so you haveto take out all the tiny offshoots of the reveg or itll be only good for hash n butter. Also make sure to pluck off all the buds that are left behind or they will get moldy and fuck things up. they will start flowering in august also so between the time it takes to reveg it may be better to just put some new ones out depending on how big/ into flower they are.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yea its called free sunlight Vs Pacific Gas & Electric...

must have something to do with quality rather than operation costs , after all if it was both the same shit , one payed more to grow it and charges more ,, whose gonna pay ???

so the outdoor erb must be way inferior to the indoor examples ..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
theres lots of good outdoor out there that most smokers wouldnt be able to tell the difference...but yeah its hard to get this kind of frost on outdoor plants...but operation costs definately are part of it....indoor guys cant sell at 2k a lb because returns will be tiny, whereas outdoor guys can dump at 1k an lb if they had to and still come out on top...ive only invested around 3k into soil and smartpots for an estimated 60lb haul outdoors! had to invest 5k into my indoor setup (plus revolving PGE costs) that only yeilds 5 lbs every harvest..
picture.php

picture.php

McDank8O5

great post ^^^

This thread was created on 5/31/2011

Purple Berry Diesel
on May 22 (transplant day) 5/22/2011

Today June 11 6/11/2011

Explosive growth for 3 weeks especially considering 15 out of the past 21 days have been foggy or stormy.... some rain and wind ain't no gum on my shoe!

Meds215

i was vegging 16/8 indoors put the clones out may 24th at 18 inches tall and looked like the girls still started to flower(kens gdp) i been hitting them with superthrive and heavy nitrogen i hope they don't go into full flower. extremely depressing i blame it on the overcast days we had Santa Cruz area

Dryland Farmer

Excellent weather in Calif.

Excellent weather in Calif.

It is going to take a lot of hoeing to get down to my 95 plant limit.

Attachments

• weed1.jpg
    weed1.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 9

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Our soil is being delivered today, plants go outside this weekend after a little hardening off time and adjustment to a shorter day than 18/6. I've at least doubled the plant count ( don't even have a number anymore) but a huge variety, can't wait to see them in a few months!

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Great weather all week and the forecast shows for another 14 days. Finally got 8 of my 12 plants in the ground....got I am getting tired of lugging soil and digging.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey all;

I live in Santa Cruz and have always done indoor (vertical) this year I am putting 5 plants in the back yard since the sunlight is SOOO much cheaper than PG&E mo - fo's!!!!

Today was transplant day I know I am late but I put them in 15 lb SmartPots with Root Organics pre-mix...sprayed the hell outta the bushes and grass around them with Liquid Fence to keep the Deer away (finger's crossed). I am more worried about Deer than anything else, here are a few pic's enjoy!

Affygoo;

picture.php

More A/F -

picture.php

Straight Goo -

picture.php

And the whole family happily growing together:dance013:

picture.php

Have a great week all!

I

imnotkrazy

These went out around 5/29 I think - second pic was 6/11. The little one on the left in the 2nd pic had only been out for a couple days. Doing pretty good and I already have one Afghan x NYCD flowering. She will probably not reveg. Last year I had 2 plants finish around the end of July, so here's hoping for an early plant again.

picture.php

picture.php

A great season to everyone; lets overgrow the mofo! :)

jescowhite

I went into the ground on the 12th, wanted to wait until the moon was nice & bright anyway. Definitely have noticed an uptick in helicopters since the weekend, CAMP is definitely out, watched them working a ridge near me.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
the weather is awesome right now!! sunny as hell out but not creeping over 90...was a nice 80is the last few days in butte.....sucks that i gotta leave and go back to the foggy ass bay area..
julyoutdoorg008.jpg

julyoutdoorg003.jpg

julyoutdoorg004.jpg

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Hey, I like the foggy ass bay area, lol. Weather has been the shits here for the last 3-4 days, but the forcast says it will get better next week. I like your plant cages, but how tall are they? They don't seem all that tall, what happens later in the year? I am still trying to figure out how to cage one of my buddies blue dreams. It is already 7ft tall and it hasn't flowered yet. I will have to get some pics of my cages up. Looking good yesprop215