What's new

Bad Idea?

Buck Nasty

Can anyone offer their opinions on which is better? Im a new grower that has a partial first indoor grow on my resume. But I was thinking about trying some outdoor. I have some Sweet Purple seeds from SD that I was thinking of using.

The only problem I have is that the area I would be able to use without any problems with security is about a 3 hour drive away. So watering frequency would be a problem. Is there anyone that has an outdoor grow that can offer tips on maintaining a grow this far away?

I have the option of planting near ditches or a canal if that matters. I know its a stupid question but I want to try every way to grow mj. I have a mental condition that makes me think of nothing but growing these beautiful plants all day long. So Ill probably try it anyway, but it would help if I had some usefull tips on outdoor growing. Ive barely done an indoor grow so this is still very new to me. Please dont hate on me too bad for asking a question like this!!! :bashhead:

G

just kidding......No big deal most people find spots where they dont have to check on their plots for months at a time.......just do some research on outdoor grows in their forums.

Also check into gypsy's "Grobot". get one it will be your best friend....

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
:D A Good Idea!

:D A Good Idea!

check this thread out...pretty much anything and everything you need to know about outdoor.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
...Don't take everything you read over their as absolute truth...most of the info is good and well meant. Some of the info is flat out wrong....moral of the story have more than one source of info. Read as much as you can...and if you have any questions or need clarification on something you've read let us know!!!

Buck Nasty

I just checked out that "Grobot". Am I a newbie or what? I would have never thought of that. I think I need to open my mind a little and start thinking a little more abroad. I just read some other threads on different methods of pest repelling, Im figuring soil mixture would be about the same as indoor grows, but I think I better add some vermiculite to the mix. So do you think I should try this or should I just save the seeds for indoor?

Buck Nasty

Oh yeah one more question, then Im done. Has anybody ever found a pump like the "Grobot" in the U.S.? That would really work well in my situation! I have only found pumps without timers. :canabis:

G

I would plant outside, but plant only known females so there is no need to return and ri[p out the males. So start the seeds inside, sex them and then put out only the ladies.........just get a gro-bot.....they will make your grow alot easier to manage

G

The Grobot is a good idea, but if you want to grow outdoors i wouldn't put anything out that can get weather damage or trampled by animals or torn apart or anything of the sort...instead, if you cant make it out to your spot

rig up a big 55 gallon trash can into the ground, put a pump in it, use grow bags, camo some drip line, set them to water for like 5 minutes every 3 days then go back when it starts to get hot adn up to EOD then when it gets so hot the soil dries out, go and set it to ED, you'd probably have to refill the thing maybe once or twice but its worth it

look for a thread on how to dot his all soon :friends:

Buck Nasty

Thanks for the info everyone. It will help a lot, theres so much information on here! Im a just a college student with a lot of spare time, so it wont be that much of a problem to go there once a week. I dont know if its a good idea or not but I was thinking about using a farm my grandparents own. Their house burned down a couple of years ago, so nobody goes out there anymore. From what Ive read on here I probably shouldnt use that location. Maybe I should find another location.

BuzzBob

aka Buzz'dBob
Veteran
Family owned land, with no-one living on it? But you have every right to be there if/when you need to? And yet still have plausible deniability? {You could say you are checking out reports of activity on the land...}

Hmmmm... I am not an outdoor grower, but that almost sounds perfect to me! But I could be wrong...

Buck Nasty

I went to Lowe's today to look for soil..The only soil I found close to Pro Mix was some stuff called Proffessional Growers Mix Ready to Use. Is this the same or do I need to go to a different store..Tried Home Depot but they didnt even know what I was talking about.

Buck Nasty

I just talked to someone who works in a nursery in the area im gonna plant. How different are the grow characteristics of a mj plant to a tomato? They said they plant tomato's outside at the end of May early June. So I was thinking probably around the beginning of May I would transplant outdoors if I started them next week. Does that sound right? I know I know...this newbie has a lot of questions. I swear Im done after this. These smilies are funny, yea I know I am easily amused. :moon::whip:

Buck Nasty

Well I can scratch this idea...I just found out my grandparents are going to sell the land this summer! :cuss: Now Ill have to change my plans, maybe a hyrdo setup. :D

G

woah, i have the same condition, its called add and a love for marijuana....its the only thing i can study for 24 hrs a day 7 days a week, and still enjoy it, (gets up my endorphins)

Buck Nasty

Well thanks for the info everyone, Jazzy. It was a good idea until I started talking to my parents about going over there. Then all of a sudden they start talking about all this sellin the farm crap. Straight pissed me off, now Im gonna be stuck doing indoor grows only.

Maybe Ill just do a grow on a smaller scale like So Quick, maybe 20 or 25 plants. That would keep me occupied for a while!