What's new

~backyard patio grow(ing)~

~backyard patio grow(ing)~

• Total voters

chemsteady

yo!

yo!

sack! hold up...youre growing and showing? ill be right back, yall, gotta stop over on melmack for a bit :D nice dude, ill be with you...

dp p stop right there, your plants put mine to shame, admit it and stop being so nice :D

kali k whaddup dude, thanks for stopping in...the story with the the ohaze cross goes like this...i popped ten ohaze xsk1 and gave them to a buddy to grow out, as my indoor space is lacking...well, he kept them vegging under t-5s for a few months, in the the tiniest pots of coco (solo cups really) and handed them back to me (8 or so) like the lazy bastard he is :D anyhow, i chose the two best girls after they sexed right away (they had been pot bound and put out under less light--they were 24/0 under t5s) gave one to an old friend and kept the other one to flower out. i wanted her to start flowering early because haze crosses can go a long time and i didnt want to have to deal with any issues pertaining to a long running tropical hybrid, ya kno?

deltron whats good man? coco works great outdoors, but, like you alluded to, it can dry out really quick in smaller pots. i learned that the hard way last summer! i was handwatering (still handwater) 20 some odd 2 gal pots of coco like twice a day! that blew! i decided this year to go with a good soil mix big pots, and leave the coco alone...but, i really love growing in it, so now im doing some in soil and some in coco. all will be in 7-15 gal pots so watering should get cut down a little. thats said, water as often as possible. your plants will take off in coco (with the right feeding regiment, at least) its much easier to water in coco, as you can never really overwater (you sure as hell can in soil) and the rate of growth is comparable to hydro grows. if you have the time and or inclination to set up a dripper system outdoors, you will def be in business. hth, man.

oh yeah, get a big reservoir...dont want to be mixing feed every other day...
IMG_2657.jpg

peace all

~c

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whats in that thar brew?

your ohazexsk1 makes me want to pop my pack this year, looks so nice and tropical.

chemsteady

'''

'''

whaddup dude? corpsey, thats just 6/9, a little rhizotonic (were talking 1/3 the rec dosage) and a bit of liquid karma (same thing, 1/3 strength). this is strictly for the coco plants, btw.

those ohazexsk1 seeds were so tiny, i didnt think anything of them--but all ten popped, they were all pretty uniform, vigorous, nice little buggers when i gave em to the mate, but he was doing other things and they got overlooked. they still managed to survive a lot of neglect--and as you can see that girl is healthy as an ox. good breeding maybe? :D

im really excited to smoke that one--i keep hearing its really old school smoke--and id like to find out just what the hell that means :D

hey did you make it out here, btw?

~c

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nothing beats a bubbling cauldron in action! im liking it.

yeah i have noticed that they are my smallest seeds by far, i have read somewhere on here about tiny seeds being more sativa. all i know is it might be true when looking at these next to my deep chunk beans. speaking of which maybe you can hit that ohazexsk1 with some DC pollen! how about that for some old school smoke( i too would like to know wtf that is)

not yet, we are so close to reaching our savings goal before treking out. should be by the end of summer, if all goes to plan. Which it is so far!

see you soon man!:wave:

deltronZER0

good to know, I'm wondering what readily availible bay area clones you're running, and when they finished? I'm in santa cruz, so I'd assume they'd finish at a similar time
when did you put them out as well?
also, what kind of yield/pot size did you see?
thanks man, much respect

kali k whaddup dude, thanks for stopping in...the story with the the ohaze cross goes like this...i popped ten ohaze xsk1 and gave them to a buddy to grow out, as my indoor space is lacking...well, he kept them vegging under t-5s for a few months, in the the tiniest pots of coco (solo cups really) and handed them back to me (8 or so) like the lazy bastard he is :D anyhow, i chose the two best girls after they sexed right away (they had been pot bound and put out under less light--they were 24/0 under t5s) gave one to an old friend and kept the other one to flower out. i wanted her to start flowering early because haze crosses can go a long time and i didnt want to have to deal with any issues pertaining to a long running tropical hybrid, ya kno?

hi chemsteady bro, if it will flower properly without reveg or something then it ok..i dont know your conditions, here length of day will decrease on 21. 6. so thats why i ask if theres some danger to go to veg regime again...that woul be a pity...i think that hazeskunk is not long flowering plant such nice 12 weeks i would say maybe some rare phenotype can have some crazy long flo time dunno...i grew few thaihazeskunks as well as i do this season and i was very surprised by overall quality of smoke..so good luck with this genuine germ...

kali:wave:

chemsteady

yo.

yo.

corpsey, im planning on making a bunch of beans with all these good genetics i have here. im just gonna collect all the male pollen from each strain, keeping them separate, of course, and then on select females paint a cluster or two.

with the collection of breeders i have here, cant see any bad possibilities. i do find myself day dreaming about hitting this blueberry girl (she is far and away the most unusual, interesting plant ive grown--just looks weird and kinda creepy, like a tim burton version of cannabis, but fucking healthy and strong, stems thick as hell, the kinda plant you know is gonna produce something special) with a bunch of toms deep chunk pollen.

now deep chunk, talk about an interesting plant, (and corpsey, you can attest to this :D) its the weirdest, most prehistoric plant you will ever grow. huge fans and exotic colors. thats not even saying anything about its resin potential and the quality of smoke! kinda have to get over its yield and see the bigger picture...

anyhow, yeah, i can see a pretty interesting blueberry/deep chunk hybrid...:D

~c

chemsteady

and...

and...

haxi and surf rat, thanks for watching :D

kali, fer sure i remember! you had that really nice casey grow outdoors! man, id love to have the cut back that i ran last summer! that would have been a nice plant to start early and get into a nice pot of coco.

with regards to the ohazexsk1--i basically didnt feel like going thru the process of reducing time indoors on this plant. i figured id let nature take its course and see what happened. as of right now, it seems to be preflowering pretty good, and continues to gain in height and structure.

i did, however spend the time and effort reducing the indoor veg time on my two scbb girls, but, a few too many rainy/cloudy days set them off to flower--subsequently, they are just now getting out of the confusion funk.

deltron--ive run quite a few bay area clones, most not worth mentioning, and this season im only running one, bogs blue moon rocks, and thats because i couldnt get any of his seeds to sprout (must have been an old pack, because everything else was around 90-100%). if you can get a cut of joeshmoes casey jones, jump on it. i hear blue dream is supposed to be good smoke, yield well, and finishes relatively early for a haze cross. pretty sure its from santa cruz too.

um, i put my plants out near the end of april, start most plants from seed in cups and then 2 gal pots, then intermediate pots and or end of the road pots depending on medium (coco or soil) and plant. as far as yield goes...good genetics and lots of root space=big yields. the earlier you put them out and the more space they have to grow, the bigger they ll get. i dont really care about yield, i just try and grow the plant as best i can, and that usually results in the best medicine. :D

alright, peace all!

~c

chemsteady

the plants...

the plants...

these are some shots from this morning. lots of growth for just one week!

IMG_2680.jpg

mental floss
IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg
IMG_2681.jpg

oriental express
IMG_2688.jpg

later! :D
~chem

chemsteady

heyooo!

heyooo!

whats good folks? hehe, been waaaaaay into other things, but my plants never took a back seat, only icmag :)

heres the backyard garden

this is from a few weeks ago
IMG_2792.jpg
IMG_2785.jpg
IMG_2793.jpg
IMG_2784.jpg
IMG_2783.jpg
IMG_2790.jpg
IMG_2805.jpg
IMG_2801.jpg
IMG_2797.jpg
IMG_2799.jpg
IMG_2800.jpg

B

bonecarver_OG

yeah that purple stemmed one looks interesing :D

all in all a bunch of healthy looking plants :D going to be fun to see the flowering :D

peace!

Latest posts

Latest posts