What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Backgammon

El Timbo

Anyone into backgammon? For me it's the perfect balance between luck and skill/tactics - like a reflection on life... you're going to get good and bad luck but it's how you react to both that counts. It's also a game that is played in the present - there's no point thinking too far ahead because you don't know what the dice will bring - which makes it a good game to play high. I prefer playing on a real board with real dice but I also play online if anyone fancies a game.

Nannymouse

We used to play many board games. My neighbor was x navy guy, and he taught a shortened version of backgammon to me. Decades ago, i've forgotten the starting set up. He called it 'Acey Duecy'. We'd sit and watch the kids play in the sandbox, play AceyDuecy and drink scotch. I've no idea where my set went.

One of the first games that i learned was Pa(r)chisi (sp?) and i ask many of the older folks that i run into, if they ever played...most cannot remember ever hearing of it. Had a blast looking it up, and some of the versions of it, and how it was played by royals.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have been playing chess a lot with a 4th grade kid. She is getting to where she can beat me sometimes, and is getting better. Playing high leads to my pieces getting taken from me making mistakes.

The set has backgammon also, but I forgot how to play. If she gets bored with chess we'll switch to backgammon. I've heard of Parchisi, but never played. In LA backgammon got popular in the mid 70s after the rich ME kids came to school there and brought the game with them. The bars had backgammon sets for a while.

SubGirl

420club
Hi ,Been playing backgammn with a brother of mine for 45 years.
My oldest smoking buddy
I keep a pad and date each game and comment on it or whats going on .
Cool to see what you wrote in 92 stoned and everything funny
Do you play online with him or on an actual board somewhere? I love backgammon.

SubGirl

420club
Playing in person is more fun for sure. I use to play at the bars around here when I was younger. Nobody likes to play anymore. I tried to teach my grandson as he likes chess so I thought well maybe but no dice I’ve played off and on on online but never on one of those timed games. The one I played in you just take Your turn sometimes only once a day depending on who you’re playing…

Latest posts

Latest posts