What's new

Back from the Dead - The new SSSC (Super Sativa Seed Club)

browntrout

Veteran
Haven't seen boo said about SSSC re-opening. It appears they've been working their Haze/skunk1 lines into new life, along with freisland and M4 Creeper among other things. You can also hear Karel on the podcast Breeder's Syndicate with Matt Riot / Riot Seeds. A very good episode and definitely worth a listen.

Has anyone been able to grow any of the varieties out yet?

supersativaseedclub DOT com

Red October

I started growing their pineapple poison but it started flowering in mid summer here and I pulled them, heavy pineapple smell but little to no effect from the flowers, got a set of their creeper just going into flower now and will take pics and do a review if anything good comes out of them.

Last edited:

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haven't seen boo said about SSSC re-opening. It appears they've been working their Haze/skunk1 lines into new life, along with freisland and M4 Creeper among other things. You can also hear Karel on the podcast Breeder's Syndicate with Matt Riot / Riot Seeds. A very good episode and definitely worth a listen.

Has anyone been able to grow any of the varieties out yet?

supersativaseedclub DOT com

I listened to the interview a while back and it was also briefly discussed in one of the haze threads. I'd like to try the old school haze for sure. Also was able to have a few back and forth messages with Karel on another platform. I love thier graphics which is entirely non impact full but looking forward to hearing others feedback.

goingrey

Kees' Old School Haze is 240 euros ($270 US at the moment) for a 12 pack of regular seeds.

Seems expensive.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Karel seams like a nice guy very honest in his interview.

What surprised me was what he called their old Haze is in fact a SkHz.

He was also given a OutBack Haze cutting from Michka.

Dirt Life

Veteran
No hate here, but srsly.. find yourself a good haze/sk (or several) and hybridize them with whatever suits your fancy... I guarantee you will find something you love, and your friends/clients. And it sure as shit won't cost you over $200..

Or even better, find a good pure HAZE and do the same. Or get yourself some of these fine haze hybrids that are available now... lots of selections as of recently, and again, NOT $200.. :)

Breadwizard

That Golden Apple Haze sounds the business. If the description is to believed it's SkHz/(Acapulco Gold/Nepal), granted the "apple pie" is the old reeferman line.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Click image for larger version  Name:	0131221756a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.0 KB ID:	18059539

Karel's Dank did well for me. I'm sitting on some Creeper seeds.

Attachments

• 0131221756a.jpg
    0131221756a.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 44

Piff_cat

If their old school haze is a female clone how are they producing regular seeds?? It's a valuable clone since it uses one of the males possibly a. But what else has diluted it? The oldschoolhaze x secret sativa(paraguay) looks awesome lots of vigor and metallic phenos

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
If their old school haze is a female clone how are they producing regular seeds?? It's a valuable clone since it uses one of the males possibly a. But what else has diluted it? The oldschoolhaze x secret sativa(paraguay) looks awesome lots of vigor and metallic phenos

Karel seams like a nice guy very honest in his interview.

What surprised me was what he called their old Haze is in fact a SkHz.

He was also given a OutBack Haze cutting from Michka.

The secret sativa could be the OutBack Haze clone Kerrel got from Mishka.

Piff_cat

I don't doubt they would sneak that in but this one's a tribute to the other old cut he has
sssc catalog called it primo hollandica. It's paraguy landrace x some bld. Paraguay are pretty interesting

browntrout

Veteran
The secret sativa could be the OutBack Haze clone Kerrel got from Mishka.

I've seen the Old School Haze listed as (Haze x Skunk1) x (Haze/Skunk1 Chemdog Fire OG) or something of the like. Which would be "Karel's Haze"

Yes he seems very honest and trustworthy, I would like to see exact lineage confirmed on their website.

browntrout

Veteran
The fact that he is holding a very old Haze x Skunk1 line instead of the Haze x NL seems of interest. We've seen sams version and others versions, but very likely Karel's line is quite divergent and hasn't been seen in seed form ever? in terms of public availability that is.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I've seen the Old School Haze listed as (Haze x Skunk1) x (Haze/Skunk1 Chemdog Fire OG) or something of the like. Which would be "Karel's Haze"

Yes he seems very honest and trustworthy, I would like to see exact lineage confirmed on their website.

In a podcast Karel described the SSSC old Haze clone they have as being Sk x Hz but he did not say were it came from in seed form.

I know both Sam and Nevil made Sk x Hz and Nevil made two types of Sk x Hz a Sk x HzC and a Sk x HzA.

Piff_cat

That makes sense. So "old school haze or osh" is the 30 year skunkhaze female.

And kees old school haze is (school clone only x karels haze)

. With karels haze being (other x xhem fire og) so a karel haze bx.

even tho it had skunk in it I still think it's good breeding material. Kees and nevil did work together in the very beginning of haze is duban x haze c was in catalog and entered in Cannabis cup. And at least the skunk is a pretty early model.

Akbeanbrains actually released durban haze f2 from frozen sssc seeds last year. And karma did the osh x a5(r) which I can't believe I missed. Sounds similar to mango haze breeding scheme. Does anyone have experience with prima holandica? All the info in cataloge is paraguay sativa f1 to bld type. Maybe even niederwete
​​​​​​​
seems like having one or two new pieces of haze male puzzle to triangulate and ine breed with could tease some new looks out of the surviving 69 haze progeny. The osh has that very few blades on the cola look. And the leaves are a nice pale green too

Attachments

• photo2108246.jpg
    photo2108246.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 74
  • photo2108247.jpg
    photo2108247.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 56
  • photo2108249.jpg
    photo2108249.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 68
  • photo2108251.jpg
    photo2108251.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 63
  • photo2108248.jpg
    photo2108248.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 75
  • photo2108250.jpg
    photo2108250.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 84

Stocktont

Veteran
That makes sense. So "old school haze or osh" is the 30 year skunkhaze female.

And kees old school haze is (school clone only x karels haze)

. With karels haze being (other x xhem fire og) so a karel haze bx.

even tho it had skunk in it I still think it's good breeding material. Kees and nevil did work together in the very beginning of haze is duban x haze c was in catalog and entered in Cannabis cup. And at least the skunk is a pretty early model.

Akbeanbrains actually released durban haze f2 from frozen sssc seeds last year. And karma did the osh x a5(r) which I can't believe I missed. Sounds similar to mango haze breeding scheme. Does anyone have experience with prima holandica? All the info in cataloge is paraguay sativa f1 to bld type. Maybe even niederwete
​​​​​​​
seems like having one or two new pieces of haze male puzzle to triangulate and ine breed with could tease some new looks out of the surviving 69 haze progeny. The osh has that very few blades on the cola look. And the leaves are a nice pale green too

Is there any reference to the information that led you to post:

”Kees and nevil did work together in the very beginning of haze is durban x haze c was in catalog and entered in Cannabis cup.”

Is that just you saying it or is there any substance to that?

Stocktont

Veteran
In a podcast Karel described the SSSC old Haze clone they have as being Sk x Hz but he did not say were it came from in seed form.

I know both Sam and Nevil made Sk x Hz and Nevil made two types of Sk x Hz a Sk x HzC and a Sk x HzA.

The Skunk#1 x Haze clone talked about should be the same Karma used and crossed with his A5 which is still being sold at different places as ”Southern Collective OSH A5 Hz”. The same clone Karel is talking about in that podcast interview where he clearly said it was Skunk x Haze not pure Haze. He also said where they got the seeds in that podcast, they got it from Sam The Skunkman, as he said, everyone got seeds from Sam….