What's new

Babba's '09

Billygoat

Glad to see the garden doing well this year. I've always loved following these threads. I hope all is well and I will make it out that way. During the next Blue moon. lol Sorry, been super busy. Hope everything does well this year and can't wait to see the jam you make this year also.
Take care,
BG

tamio

I have to give a two thumbs up for the jam!!! lol I have empty jars I will try to remember to bring up with me!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for all your lovely messages, they are much appreciated!
We have talked about bears that visit us and get in our trash and make a general mess of it...this spring all the fruit trees are loaded with fruit and our cherry tree is no exception, but it seems the bears are really digging all the cherries hehe
Not sure how good you can see all the broken branches but they have mauled this tree like crazy!
We wake up every morning with branches all over the lawn and the tree looking smaller and smaller!!
And the worse part is the cherries arnt even ripe yet! ...needs another week or so...dumbass bears! I hope they leave us some!! haha :wallbash:

picture.php

picture.php

:joint::joint:

P

Peat

I don't think that bear is practicing LST...:crazy:

How you s'posed ta keep winnie da pooh outta yer trees? :confused:

Put a jar of honey near rabbits house?

I wonder if you could some electricified fence wire around the tree???

I dunno...
I've got a city around my trees. :redface:
No bears...so far...
No cherries either, for that matter...just oaks & pines...

...not to ramble...

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mrs. B. sad to watch that fruit disapear like that..the birds started eating my cherries last week and me and the wifey picked what we could. An electric fence works well for bear control..the same kind used on livestock, you need an old car battery to run it. PM me if you need more info..good luck..DD

R

randude101

Aw, I really miss my west coast home. A trip to Norcal or Oregon was nothing.

Now I have swamps, extreme heat, and bugs.

Good to get a breath of fresh air from the photos.

P

Peat

Mrs. B. sad to watch that fruit disapear like that..the birds started eating my cherries last week and me and the wifey picked what we could. An electric fence works well for bear control..the same kind used on livestock, you need an old car battery to run it. PM me if you need more info..good luck..DD

There are solar powered ones too.
But, I dunno how effective that really is.

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Powerful animals......same thing here too. You can watch them tear limbs off like snapping twigs. They used to do the same thing to a 5 acre block of pears I was managing.....funny thing though that they would clean out all the paper wasp nests up in the trees before hitting the fruit.....

Bummer to see so much damage to your tree though-

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the suggestions guys..I dont think an electric fence thingy will work, Hes just going to have to share! damn Yogi, he needs to get his own pick-a-nick basket hehe

The plants[all of them] are taking off and growing like weeds hehe

enjoy..

picture.php

picture.php

and for the guys that like feet hehe here ya go! you guys are funny :tongue::redface:

master kush and me....

C

CheifnBud2

Someone delete that foot weirdo's post.

Baba's good to see ya back outside again! you have always had the closest thing to my dream gardens.

I

inthelight

I have only three words (plus these 6) "OH HELL YES" :joint::abduct::woohoo::2cents::2cents:

way to put your foot forward. lmao! fancy jewelry and everything! lol

I

inthelight

a question: how much water do you give each plant when its watering time?

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just stopping by again Babbas.. :wave:

Everything looks great, be cool to see those plants fill up their spot.

Woo - can we get a better pic of that turtle?? He looks pretty happy, and I have a soft spot for garden decorations as you know.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
every other day we take a hose and give them water...babba feeds them with a 5 gallon bucket once a week or so....mixes up the ferts in the bucket and feeds them outta that...pretty much just whenever it looks dry. :D

I

inthelight

hey i've come across a serious problem everyone. Plants like to drink alot! they need counseling!