What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KingSolomon

I've been a long time organic grower for twenty years but growing a haze hybrid four years ago changed my outlook on growing. I've been buying haze seeds like they are going out of fashion ever since and I figured I'd join the forum to document my haze journey, lots of varieties to be started here over the coming years.

First up is BA#75 Haze by Karma Genetics, which I kept a mother of since 2020, these BandaidHaze7 genes are made up of Cuban Black Haze x A5 Haze/Thai.

The pheno is a fast 9 week one which stretches quite a lot with big internodal spacing. She has an almost "rank" musky element to the terps which I loved, with that haze background to boot. It's caked in crystal and the high is very uplifting and motivating, which all makes for exceptional extracts.

She was only a small mother plant so I could only manage to get 8 cutting off of her, I need 100% success rate on these too as they're all going into a double tent and admittedly don't yield all that well.

Growing here in an X-Stream Aeroponic propagator, with water only and new Omega 9w LEDs. It's sat on the base of a heated propagator, with a temperature probe to keep the root temperatures more stable.

20240419_162807.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I've been a long time organic grower for twenty years but growing a haze hybrid four years ago changed my outlook on growing. I've been buying haze seeds like they are going out of fashion ever since and I figured I'd join the forum to document my haze journey, lots of varieties to be started here over the coming years.

First up is BA#75 Haze by Karma Genetics, which I kept a mother of since 2020, these BandaidHaze7 genes are made up of Cuban Black Haze x A5 Haze/Thai.

The pheno is a fast 9 week one which stretches quite a lot with big internodal spacing. She has an almost "rank" musky element to the terps which I loved, with that haze background to boot. It's caked in crystal and the high is very uplifting and motivating, which all makes for exceptional extracts.

She was only a small mother plant so I could only manage to get 8 cutting off of her, I need 100% success rate on these too as they're all going into a double tent and admittedly don't yield all that well.

Growing here in an X-Stream Aeroponic propagator, with water only and new Omega 9w LEDs. It's sat on the base of a heated propagator, with a temperature probe to keep the root temperatures more stable.

View attachment 18991020
Thanks for posting your work friend. You got me interested and so I'm going to ride with you for a while.

RUN860

View attachment 18991020
Hey King Solomon, hows it going? I am a big-time haze lover ever since back in the day when I got my first bag of piff, and nothing has changed haha. Glad to see your running bandaid for so long, I have heard many great things about it, some say its even better than the legendary piff. Last week I picked up Bandaid Haze crossed with top dawgs sour bx, a smaller breeder I know from the city named them Bandiesel, so I will be getting into those after my Cuban Black s1s finish. Just wanted to chime in, I cant wait to see what comes out of this run, please keep us posted!
~DuBBAGe

KingSolomon

Thanks for posting your work friend. You got me interested and so I'm going to ride with you for a while.
Thanks for the post dude, glad to have you riding shotgun! Twenty years but still don't consider my self an expert, lots to learn from others so feel free to throw any suggestions at me along the way!

I hope I don't fock this one up before I even start, the mother plant wasn't very healthy at all, as it had just been sat on a shaded windowsill for weeks at a friend's house. One of my other mates got himself raided and I felt the best approach was to just cull all my mothers and breeding work in case I got the knock too, but my good friend agreed to keep one plant for me in the meantime.

The LED lights are new to me too and to be honest I've got them sat on top of the prop but that's closer than the recommended height and I might well find them yellowing up because of that, only time will tell, hopefully luck in on my side. In fact I think I'll put in some hooks to hang it from and raise it up a bit to to recommend.

Hey King Solomon, hows it going? I am a big-time haze lover ever since back in the day when I got my first bag of piff, and nothing has changed haha. Glad to see your running bandaid for so long, I have heard many great things about it, some say its even better than the legendary piff. Last week I picked up Bandaid Haze crossed with top dawgs sour bx, a smaller breeder I know from the city named them Bandiesel, so I will be getting into those after my Cuban Black s1s finish. Just wanted to chime in, I cant wait to see what comes out of this run, please keep us posted!
~DuBBAGe
I'm very well thanks mate, how are you?

I'm from the UK so we never called it "Piff" here but we had lots of amazing NL5 Hazes floating around these parts during those years. I had the pleasure of visiting Amsterdam though in the early 2000s many a time, so got to sample lots of different Hazes! I loved them back then and grew several sativas from the infamous Oldtimer (OT1), I was lucky enough to grow limited edition releases like Lot#5 back crossed to its dad etc, didn't know how blessed I was back then!

I never truly appreciated the sativa/hazes high until I grew this BA#75 Haze, had some really long flowering phenos but my favourite was this short flowering, low yielding pheno which was covered in trichomes. It made some hash that just had me jumping out my seat before I'd even exhaled it all, very motivating stuff for my brain. In all honesty though, I think my pheno leans towards to NL side of things but not really sure, be nice to get some feedback here and what you guys see in it, when we see some buds developing!

A friend of mine from the states is apparently got me some Cuban Black Haze S1s in the post, so hopefully he comes good and I'll be looking forward to trying those. I'm jealous of all the access you guys have out in the states to amazing genetics, hopefully the next few years will see the legality changed here and open up a whole new world to us here too!

I've held her for 4 years but only managed to run her about once a year really, with all the rest of the things I've grown in that time several Hazes and Sativas like say Kali China Haze, Dr Grinspoon, Reclining Lady, Celia etc.

I have so many good haze hybrids though to start, it's going to be exciting to show them all here, warts and all!

Last edited by a moderator:

RUN860

Thanks for the post dude, glad to have you riding shotgun! Twenty years but still don't consider my self an expert, lots to learn from others so feel free to throw any suggestions at me along the way!

I hope I don't fuck this one up before I even start, the mother plant wasn't very healthy at all, as it had just been sat on a shaded windowsill for weeks at a friend's house. One of my other mates got himself raided and I felt the best approach was to just cull all my mothers and breeding work in case I got the knock too, but my good friend agreed to keep one plant for me in the meantime.

The LED lights are new to me too and to be honest I've got them sat on top of the prop but that's closer than the recommended height and I might well find them yellowing up because of that, only time will tell, hopefully luck in on my side. In fact I think I'll put in some hooks to hang it from and raise it up a bit to to recommend.

I'm from the UK so we never called it "Piff" here but we had lots of amazing NL5 Hazes floating around these parts during those years. I had the pleasure of visiting Amsterdam though in the early 2000s many a time, so got to sample lots of different Hazes! I loved them back then and grew several sativas from the infamous Oldtimer (OT1), I was lucky enough to grow limited edition releases like Lot#5 back crossed to its dad etc, didn't know how blessed I was back then!

I never truly appreciated the sativa/hazes high until I grew this BA#75 Haze, had some really long flowering phenos but my favourite was this short flowering, low yielding pheno which was covered in trichomes. It made some hash that just had me jumping out my seat before I'd even exhaled it all, very motivating stuff for my brain. In all honesty though, I think my pheno leans towards to NL side of things but not really sure, be nice to get some feedback here and what you guys see in it, when we see some buds developing!

A friend of mine from the states is apparently got me some Cuban Black Haze S1s in the post, so hopefully he comes good and I'll be looking forward to trying those. I'm jealous of all the access you guys have out in the states to amazing genetics, hopefully the next few years will see the legality changed here and open up a whole new world to us here too!

I've held her for 4 years but only managed to run her about once a year really, with all the rest of the things I've grown in that time several Hazes and Sativas like say Kali China Haze, Dr Grinspoon, Reclining Lady, Celia etc.

I have so many good haze hybrids though to start, it's going to be exciting to show them all here, warts and all!
Yessssir!
Sounds like you love and grow a nice choice of sativas, and you have a passion for it. I always wanted to try the grinspoon, heard its a potent one! That's cool man, keep it up!
DuBBAGe

RUN860

I hope I don't fuck this one up before I even start, the mother plant wasn't very healthy at all, as it had just been sat on a shaded windowsill for weeks at a friend's house. One of my other mates got himself raided and I felt the best approach was to just cull all my mothers and breeding work in case I got the knock too, but my good friend agreed to keep one plant for me in the meantime.

I've held her for 4 years but only managed to run her about once a year really, with all the rest of the things I've grown in that time several Hazes and Sativas like say Kali China Haze, Dr Grinspoon, Reclining Lady, Celia etc. i h

King,
Sorry that was kind of quick response, had to put my son down for a nap. I have been told that before from other growmies from the UK about the term Piff, so I get that its not a slang term around there. I look for that wet basement, francincense chemmy haze, sometimes its like voodoo brown, sometimes it green, I prefer the dark dense super strong haze with that scent and flavor, and prefer it to have more amber , so that the buzz is sativa still but has a heavy chilled out stone to it as well.
I have been interested in trying the bandaid haze for a while now, have heard a lot of opinions about it, and I think I mentioned it before but some people even say they prefer it over the uptown haze aka Piff. As of now I don't have any bandaid seeds, I wish I did, I do have a cross that my buddy made with top dawgs sour bx3 crossed to the bandaid haze that I'm excited about growing.
WHattttt? You have a friend who has Cuban black s1s? I was lucky enough to get a 5 pack of fem s1s from the breeder who made a limited release who was sold out but looked out and let me get 5 out of his personal stash/collection. I would be extremely happy if I was able to get some more of them if that was possible! And I also can't wait until you get them and start growing them, I cant wait to see what you think about it compared to other hazes.
I have some Tom Hills haze seeds that were made special from a friend online, and they are s1s, and the others are Tom Hills haze x Bodhis golden pineapple x hazy kush. I don't know if I will be growing those anytime soon, but I think I mentioned before that my buddy who made the seeds, his plants were 12.5 feet tall, and like 4 ft wide, they were huge, and the clones were almost as big as well. It would be nice to see what comes out of the tom hill x hazy kush gold pineapple cross though. I do know that the s1s are going to be a crazy tropical sativa after all its like a 4 way haze I believe.
I cant wait to see what you get outta all those!
~DuBBAGe

Latest posts

Latest posts