What's new

Az marijuana laws will never favor nor benefit you.

Cactus Squatter

I am very happy Prop 207 passed but I am still appalled by all the greed in this industry. Prices for medical users are insane and unreasonable. Which is what has gotten me into Cultivation myself. 12 plants isnt a lot but it is enough to at least sustain my personal use.

What I am unhappy with are the Employment protections for Medical Marijuana users. All companies are hiding behind this "Safety Sensitive," clause which basically covers every single industry from fast food to warehouse work to daycare. Its pretty sad.

When Medical Marijuana patients actually get some employment protections, then we will be winning in Arizona.

I was recently denied and black-balled from 3 jobs before finally gaining employment recently. All 3 positions were warehouse, packaging- type jobs so definitely no "safety sensitivity," involved. But they managed to bar me from employment based on THC metabolites in my system. Luckily I was able to change career fields and gain employment but it was a very scary and frustrating process to be denied job after job solely because of my marijuana use.

And here I am actively hiring people based partly on their ability to keep up with me and the pipe. 😂 I can’t find anyone worthwhile that will show up, work, have a good time and make good money.

That sucks you’ve had problems finding work, especially over something like the green. Lately with how employment has been most of my friends have started their own businesses doing what they love and feel fulfilled by. It’s kind of incredible how many are succeeding at it.