What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ayahuasca Purple

guruverde

glad you posted this and are updating.
this is on my short list from BF. Might not make it under the lights for a few runs but I like to have a collection saved up :)

sub'd

jhea

Anyone who has tried DMT would not name a cannabis cultivar after it. No master kush cross is "incredibly psychedelic" unless your speaking of a lack of credibility. This is just marketing at its worst.

It could always make a decent base for some changa ;)

Smokesan

rpTeXd1h.jpg

One flowering pic without Led on, natural colours. Two weeks and its done. Smoked some tiny satellite bud last.week end and it was really nice. Waiting for harvest ☺

InvasionANC

Nice looking bud. How are you liking this strain so far? My seedling were growing quite slowly after their transplant, the cause of which became apparent when I replaced the tubes (T8, 2x3000k, 2x5000k) in my fluorescent fixture and discovered that I had not done so in over 24 months. This picture was taken just before topping each.

Those are about 4 weeks old with another 4-5 to go before bloom. I recently acquired a brand new Phantom 315 watt ceramic metal halide w/ philips agro elite 3090k bulb from Hydro Farm that I will be using for bloom.

Smokesan

Mine plant just exploded after flipped light. It took w veeks before a single showed up and aftef that it streched another 2-3weeks. Do dot weg too long...

InvasionANC

Have you noticed that this strain seems to really dislike heat? They don't even like getting close to the T8s I use for veg, when I let them get within 3 inches the fan leaves began developing trichomes in the fourth week of veg.

Smokesan

I grow them under led, so the heat hasn't ba a problem. C99 which growws in the same nft, took more damage when i kept light too close to nuggets.

It's getting purple!

InvasionANC

I believe Barney's Farm has added this strain to their semi-permanent roster of available strains, but I can't be sure. Kinda leaves those of us that chose to acquire extras in case it disappeared out in the cold, but personally I think we'll get over it. This strain was a winner from seed to smoke and although I noticed in every instance and phenotype that I encountered personally or have seen elsewhere have exhibited some "clawing" of the leaves, sugar leaves were especially noticeable but I did see some fan leaves showing the same symptoms. I'm not certain if this was indicative of a sensitivity to Nitrogen or if its just a trait that this strain tends to exhibit. Whatever the case, it didn't seem to impact growth or yield negatively, allowing me to come very close to the breeder's projected g/ft² using Botanicare's line-up, which is NOT known for it's big yields but rather it's ability, as a fairly simple and mainstream product line, to produce reliably high quality flowers while helping to draw out flavour and aroma. I'm not a huge fan of Botanicare as a fledgling professional cultivator, but I still point the low maintenance hobbyist in their direction because I feel like their Pure Blend Pro formulas are some of the best around for delivering a complete Bio-Hydroponics nutrient regimen in a single bottle, one each for veg and bloom. Add some microbial inoculates (i.e. Photosynthesis Plus) and a simple carb solution (i.e. Botanicare's "Sweet" Products) during flowering to assist in uptake as well as help to draw out the strains natural characteristics. I like molasses specifically made for gardening, currently testing other forms of sugar to see if there is a change in population growth. A Phosphorus and Potassium boost can also be included to improve yield...hmm, I got a little off track there!

Anyway, this strain is a definite winner. She can tolerate stress quite well, was highly resistant to bud rot, and really turned out beautiful hues of purple, pink, and red. The flavor reminded me of having blueberry muffins cooking in the oven...I'm not the best at describing my palette, but this was a very delicious strain with no weird aftertaste, a perfect compliment to the baseline taste of vaporized cannabinoids. I pushed just over 15 oz out of my Phantom 315 watt CMH w/ Philips 3100k bulb, not to shabby at all. The next round I used VEG+BLOOM (w/ SHINE, +LIFE, and PUSH) and increased my watering frequency to several times a day and saw a drastic increase in growth and yield, pulling almost 17 ounces from the same set-up. I may not have the most traveled lungs in these forums, but this was easily among my top 5 favorite strains. I may use it as a primary crop for a bit down the road, I just want to have more space to find a pheno that fits my growing style a bit more.

I kept a detailed jounal on the Grasscity forums...I wasn't getting much feedback on these, over there my AP journal has over 18k hits! I thinks it is the only complete journal out there, so please check it out and let me know what you think!

InvasionANC's Ayahuasca Grow Journal on Grasscity!

I am going over there now to start a new strain specific journal, Dutch Passion's "The Edge". I haven't looked too hard, but I can't find any good journals of this strain, either, and I hope I can deliver an even more detailed and comprehensive journal to help my fellow growers worldwide! Good luck and happy growing!

InvasionANC

Why must my spellcheck autocorrect "its" to "it's"?

I forgot to say this, but if anyone would like any advice or questions answered regarding this strain, feel free to send them my way. I may not respond immediately, but I never tire of rambling on about all things cannabis, but especially what has very apparently become my passion and my calling: the art of cultivating and crafting natural medicine of the highest quality for everyone. I don't want to go on a rant about the idiocy of 'elitist' stoner culture, but let me just say, in the immortal words of Peter Griffin, "It really grinds my gears." Anyone that tokes because it makes them feel 'cool' should really take a sabbatical to examine their priorities and desires in life...anyway, peace!

Latest posts

Latest posts