What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Awesome article and videos on soil life

St. Phatty

One of the best classes I ever took was a 4 week class in hot composting, taught by a guy who was in the Soil Science department at Berkeley, then left to manage a large compost facility.

Learned loads about the general environment.

5/6 of our 8 cubic yard compost pile was converted into CO2, in about 4 weeks.

How much it shrank, was really interesting.

The teacher didn't want to admit that it shrank that much because his facility would be paying $$$$$$ for CO2 pollution if they admitted how much composting produces CO2.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
One of the best classes I ever took was a 4 week class in hot composting, taught by a guy who was in the Soil Science department at Berkeley, then left to manage a large compost facility.

What is the Cliff notes version of "hot composting"??

I have a stream of chipped hardwood tree tops coming in, and am trying to compost them. Also a black 80 gallon tumbler in the afternoon sun, wet, loaded with leaves chips and urea, and being rotated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts