What's new

Average yield per plant?

homebrew420

Hey everybody, new around these parts. I am now getting ready to join the Auto Club of the World! Just looking for some general info. I will be using these in breeding projects, yes on the backs of others before me. But hopefully in a benficial way that may be unique to us all. Will be using some proprietary genes and some things I have not seen others using.
Ok, so wondering if an O a plant is common. I have read a # of threads and it seems this is fairly accurate. Plants of color and/or of exceptional flavor will be a general starting point for me. open to any and all suggestions. Truly. you all would know better than I.

Thanks in advance

Peace

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots of factors here to consider mate,

but in a nutshell for you, yes..

Given enough light.. soil and love

the majority of AF strains should produce an O a plant for you.

Midnight

Veteran
Hey everybody, new around these parts. I am now getting ready to join the Auto Club of the World! Just looking for some general info. I will be using these in breeding projects, yes on the backs of others before me. But hopefully in a benficial way that may be unique to us all. Will be using some proprietary genes and some things I have not seen others using.
Ok, so wondering if an O a plant is common. I have read a # of threads and it seems this is fairly accurate. Plants of color and/or of exceptional flavor will be a general starting point for me. open to any and all suggestions. Truly. you all would know better than I.

Thanks in advance

Peace

No disrespect, but, if you are asking how much per plant then that tells me you know little to nothing about growing. I would get a couple of grows under your belt before you even think about breeding. And fyi, you need each plant to get aprox 4oz wet to make 1oz dry.

Kinda need some more info to give off a good average. How much light and whats the sq footage of the room? I'm not a breeder but when I grow my auto strain, black berry kush, she averages about a lb per 1k of light using indoor aero in 5 gal pots. In the dirt she's pulled off 4+lbs per plant during the outdoor season in 120 gal smart pots.

homebrew420

Hey these are some fast resposes. Midnight, thatnks for your rude comments, always useful, and insightful. I won't bother justifying with credentials. Don't feel the need to prove myself...as it has already been done to so many I know. I am NEW to the autos. New means unfamiliar with these particular types. They will be grown under either LEDs t5 or 1000. Will be grown in soil, hydro on tables and in buckets And I know there are many different factors people. When questions such as these are presented it is USUALLY best case scenario that is being asked about.
And just so we are all clear, we are talking about AUTOS, right?

Thanks again for ALL comments.

Peace

Last edited:

Midnight

Veteran
Hey these are some fast resposes. Midnight, thatnks for your rude comments, always useful, and insightful. I won't bother justifying with credentials. Don't feel the need to prove myself...as it has already been done to so many I know.

Peace

Then rock on with your bad self my brotha!:gday:

R

rick shaw

Homebrew420 your question was to generalized(noobish). Your a master electrician,it would be like me asking if I can run three 1000 watt lamps in an apartment,without giving any other info. If your wondering about yielding factors there is container size,lumens your plant is receiving,temperature,humidity,nutrients and finally genetics. The answer that I give to people that lack follow through is "A pound a plant".

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
a lot depends on your grow style hydro will out perform soil, if you grow hydro then the sky is the limit with autos especially if you know your way around your setup and are fully dialled in id expect 3oz upwards to 6 7oz per plant in a 10 week seed to weed grow

led lights produce an amazing array of trichs on you plants if you wanna see what autos can do in hydro check out my grow off automatic link in my sig

The BBK I have is counted as a mature plant because she almost never reverts to veg and always shows preflowers. One grower I talked to said he got her to revert after a month of some ridiculous light cycle down to seconds but most everyone I know can never get her to reveg. She is some what stubborn and looks kinda ugly up until week 4 when those buds start to shine through.

look for her, you can flip her to bloom whenever you want. I usually veg her out with 18-6 until she is 30 inches tall then flip.

She is one of the top med strains in cali and goes for almost 5k a lb

homebrew420

I think mitch answered this question. All these other factors are unimportant when we are talking best case scenario. Which we are. the facility in which these will be grown is optimized. I was just looking for a ballpark, not concerned with specifics. They will be used in a breeding project. I have read Iranian is pushing 3+ oz outdoors on average, though I understand it is not a true auto. Sour 60 is a big producer....compared to what? these are equally vauge, but enough info is gathered to determine wheather or not I should follow up on these particular strains.

Ballpark.
Again thanks for your responses.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
ok here is a suggestion

pink bud, fruit salad or mossy jem crossed with a heavy producing onyx or ak47 auto now to me that has got to be a winning combo

the potenial of a 3-6 oz plant dripping with pink,purple buds grown in 10 weeks from seed to harvest id throw my money at that strain :)

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes there were too many variables to discuss if you just wanted a simple answer.

I have no experience with LED, but if you were to give an Auto a big pot - 1 or 2 gallons
and a decent lighting schedule (18/6, 20/4, 24 hours) along with a 400/600w HPS
I would say 9/10 would give you an O or better.

I think with LR genetics in there.. using the above formula most AF's will fall into two catagories.. 2ft and over.. which generally take 70+ days to finish, or 1 to 2 foot which will have a more compact structure but finish quicker.

Something like an Auto hindu kush, or Auto blueberry would be in the second catagory,
and LR2/Mi5/Sour 60 would be in the first

Again this is very very generalised, as it can be pheno dependant for each strain if they are not fully stable (and not many are in my experience)

but there you go, hope that was helpful :)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
if you do your homework and choose true autos then you will be onto a winner

id highly recommened maxi gom as a starting point

the reason

she is female, produces big yield and their are only 2 phenos of which 1 grows to over a meter and the other grows to 70cm

now we have a starting point we wanna introduce a bit of colour and for that id use fruit salad or pink bud the resulting cross should be somewhere inbetween, a medium sized auto producing 3 oz upwards of coloured buds

thats the theory who wants to put it in practice

the biggest hurdle is finding the right male which will have the colour your looking to inject into the newly created offspring

as mitch has stated in his list of strains above they all include ak47 with the exception of sour 60 which i have never seen produce over 3 oz thats not to say it cant just i personally have never seen it, also white russian and strains containing diesel produce heavy

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good info skotty,

There are people with projects like that in mind/underway :)

We just have to be patient!

I've seen many more purple dominant females than males though in my time, which could make it trickier but not impossible to achieve what skotty would like.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
lmfao

dont get me wrong i love a bit of colour but the yield puts me off now if you can get the colour and the yield its gotta be a winner

im holding out for an auto cheese always have been its about the only strain that hasnt been produced yet i think we have had pretty much everything else

however i heard that chaze is just around the corner :)

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
I have read Iranian is pushing 3+ oz outdoors on average

Next time i read in an af thread how Iranian is the holy grail of cannabis (without any proof) i'm gonna cry :D
Welcome to the wonderful af world btw and good luck with your projects :yes:

Peace

=K

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
If you are serious about breeding AF's then you are wasting you time asking these questions here. If you "really" wanna know get a Ruderalis and start from scratch, then you will know what it is and can duplicate it later. If you start with seeds from a vendor then you really have no idea what it is. (If you don't believe it then ask ANY vendor to sell you some Ruderalis seeds. They won't because they don't have any. They are doing exactly what you want to do.) Working off of other peoples seeds and hoping it will grow something descent. The problem is that nearly all are working off of adulterated genetic versions of the LR.

My AF hybrid (it's PK/NL/AK7 crossed w/Ruderalis) in a 50 day, 12 plant, no veg, perpetual (4 sets of 3 plant cycle), 1400w (1000Mh/400Hps), soil grow you can expect about an O per plant. The plants never grow over about 20" tall and if topped and DF'ed will usually produce an O of solid, potent, sticky bud.

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
ok here is a suggestion

pink bud, fruit salad or mossy jem crossed with a heavy producing onyx or ak47 auto now to me that has got to be a winning combo

the potenial of a 3-6 oz plant dripping with pink,purple buds grown in 10 weeks from seed to harvest id throw my money at that strain :)

Dont steal my project!:laughing: Only joking... BUT I AM using pink bud and danzig's beloved sour60 in an attempt to get a LARGE yielding colorful plant... Should be SUPER resinous, fairly large, and very beautiful.. The PB mother i chose was super branchy compared to all of the other phenos i got, even SGS said its very uncommon... so i hit a real winner with her, i cant wait til the beans are ready in a couple days!:jump:

Sandnut

Well as you know, nutes and lights used will have a big impact on yield and most importantly pot size (assuming you got decent light source) From an Auto you can expect anything from 7g to 70 or even more depending on strain, pheno, soil or hydro.

If you want a new best friend you shoulld work on a AF chronic, chronic x auto ak47 or something like that :D!!

Muddy

I recently finished up a grow of Mi5 under a 180 watt, full spectrum LED. Soil less in 3 gallon pots. I averaged 65 grams a plant, with one giving 73 grams. This was done under a 20/4 light schedule with veg nutes feed through week 5. I've since talked to the breeder and he has suggested feeding veg nutes through week 6, which I will do next grow. I believe that extra week will increase their vertical height by another 5-6" and increase their yield by about another 14 grams or so, pushing them upward of 3 oz. per plant.

Dwarf strains like Hindu Kush, Blueberry Kush, etc. can easily yield 1 1/2 oz. per plant. Bigger strains like the Mi5, Onyx, Auto Assassin, 3 oz. The new sativa based super autos are said to produce up to 7 oz. per plant outdoors. I haven't grown those yet but do have a couple of those going now under the LED.

I'm sure there are others who are getting more, and a lot who get less, but I think those are pretty good averages.