What's new

av8or's PPK - First Grow

twist1uc

OMG! I'm really excited you found this thread and took some time to drop some wisdom here! :woohoo:

Guys, this grower is on his way to pulling 4.5 pounds per plant (checkout his thread!!!) and I for one am grateful for his input.

He put Gettogrow and Avanish in there respective places b/c they questioned whether he'd be able to pull 4.5 pounds per plant (Getto didn't come close to that but his room probably wasn't dialed in).

Rotel also vegges using a single 1k on a mover and will nail his target even tho the internodes on the plants in his veg pics are quite long and still pre-flip.

I always thought structure impacted yield and reducing the availability of nitrogen late in flower impacted quality but have obviously forgotten the benefits of humility.

Preach on Rotel!

You're participation in this thread is really needed because the grow here is in soil-less inert media and your grow is in water. Delta9 was discussing the possibility of improved structure by removing selected fans that "may" fuel internodal elongation in shaded conditions....

.....but that's just wacky science and besides you're going to hit 4.5 lbs per plant with stretched internodes in veg (and we know they're going to only get longer once u flip and they hit the stretch)

:biggrin:

Bro, why are you bringing this bullshit to av8or's thread?

Rotel

Here is a pic of Rotel's veg. (6) plants, 1k light w/mover.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=307073&d=1425450482
I fail to see the point of posting this here

Just some random thoughts:

Perpetual seeks to perpetuate pests. Note that successful dispensaries grow using multiple flower rooms, each is loaded, run, harvested, cleaned, repeat. No stragglers in the room t o perpetuate a pest issue to the next round. Mono culture rooms yield best.

Defoliation is like proving a negative. So you butcher a plant and it lives, how can you actually prove that this didn't hinder but actually helped growth? Only way is to take 100 cuts from a mom, treat them all identical, except half get defoliation and the others don't. Every example I've seen was a few plants with significant inequities and a biased grower trying to prove defoliation rocks.

Note, massive commercial grows don't defoliate.

There you have it folks, my thoughts.

twist1uc

his post seems trollish

I went and read his whole thread and saw him dismiss Gettogro after GG presented a very valid challenge

I'm an ongoing contributor to this thread and this community is self-policing. We don't need him posting blanket generalizations about defoliation right after D9 took the time to explain the possibility that limiting the plant's ability to respond to far red will affect internodal elongation.

D9 is sharing some very interesting information here and the appropriate action is to pull up and first read, then understand, then engage this thread or pull out of it and don't participate.

If anyone has a problem with this please report my post using the white symbol on the bottom left. I have no problem with my posts being deleted. Thx

I had a big ol reply typed out for you, but submitting reply would only have me deteriorate the thread as you have.

I have MAD respect for D9 and his words, but he is not the end all be all. This is a forum. And last I seen, you didn't have a 'Trolling Police' badge underneath your apple did you?

Av8or seems like an intelligent person. Let the man come to his own conclusion on what posts are important (or not) to him.

Peace out. And on a separate matter, fuck this snow. Enough... UNCLE already.

Rotel

I had a big ol reply typed out for you, but submitting reply would only have me deteriorate the thread as you have.

I have MAD respect for D9 and his words, but he is not the end all be all. This is a forum. And last I seen, you didn't have a 'Trolling Police' badge underneath your apple did you?

Av8or seems like an intelligent person. Let the man come to his own conclusion on what posts are important (or not) to him.

Peace out. And on a separate matter, fuck this snow. Enough... UNCLE already.

I RELISH cold weather, grow baby!

av8or

Here's the deal internets...I spent the last ten years getting shot at in foreign countries trying to save the poor and disenfranchised from complete annihilation. I'm back in the states now and all I want to do is learn the best, current techniques to cultivating a plant that has helped me keep from suck starting my pistol more than once. I certainly geek out on all the intracacies of growing but as far as I'm concerned, egos don't belong in this thread. This is for newbs like myself who need to know that they can grow successfully just like I am trying to do. All things considered, five months into this project, I'm kicking ass. That's completely attributed to you guys here at ICMag. Let's continue the progressive learning and put out as much good information as we all have so everyone else can grow great bud, too. To those of you who have put in time and effort assisting me in my grow, I'm so very thankful. Let us not forget that growing cannabis is a blessing and we are very furtunate to live in parts of the world where we can do it, be it illegal or not. No one is going to martyr you for it. So relax, people. Tend to your gardens and share your knowledge.

av8or

Disaster, Will Robinson!

This ppk site was attacked my mites twice and root aphids once. The strawberry cough that was here is going to become edibles, as I wouldn't smoke any of the bud she was producing. Chalk this one up to learning.

Rotel is correct in saying perpetual growing perpetuates pests. However, given my parameters, perpetual has been incredibly beneficial. Every time I make a mistake with an older plant, I get to correct it with a younger one in the chute. Once I finally grasp a solid training and growing regimen, I'll swap to a perpetual room harvest, like Rotel suggested. But until I buy a couple hundred acres, let's pretend to give me advice that helps my current grow instead of what I "should" be doing per some of your dreams. One step at a time.

Man...I'm developing an attitude. Apologies, ICMag.

Attachments

• IMAG2696.jpg
    IMAG2696.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 21

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't apologize Av, lots of off topic shit on icmag. Sometimes its fun, most times its a drag on the thread.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
is the implication, D9, that this girl ^^^ was defoliated?

no, these are 6 plants that rotel is about to flower to produce a huge amount of bud.

i think he can do it with a long veg time but that's a different thread.

i was talking about ways and means of controlling elongation, not wholesale defoliation.

so he says he is 100% against defoliation. well, i'm 8.37% against people who are 100% against anything.

just kidding, but looking at these 6 plants you can clearly see inter-nodal lengths that are as long as the buckets in the pic are wide.

this "stems" from not managing the red/far red light ratio sub-canopy to control the phytochrome b elongation response.

jamming them together like that also causes elongation via the shade avoidance syndrome for the same reasons.

so after stating he is against defoliating he then proceeds to butcher the shit out of these same plants on his thread. he calls it pruning and admits that he did it to control growth at this stage. now he will go into another lengthy veg period to get them ready to flip to show us the mind blowing yield.

if you have 10" of stem with no bud sites then you are not going to grow many flowers there. which would you rather grow?

so anyway, i don't want to argue about it in av8or's thread.

av8or is going through one of the fastest learning curves i've ever seen growing pot and i feel he is up to some advanced theory.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Disaster, Will Robinson!

This ppk site was attacked my mites twice and root aphids once. The strawberry cough that was here is going to become edibles, as I wouldn't smoke any of the bud she was producing. Chalk this one up to learning.

Rotel is correct in saying perpetual growing perpetuates pests. However, given my parameters, perpetual has been incredibly beneficial. Every time I make a mistake with an older plant, I get to correct it with a younger one in the chute. Once I finally grasp a solid training and growing regimen, I'll swap to a perpetual room harvest, like Rotel suggested. But until I buy a couple hundred acres, let's pretend to give me advice that helps my current grow instead of what I "should" be doing per some of your dreams. One step at a time.

Man...I'm developing an attitude. Apologies, ICMag.

most successful growers have a little attitude!

i thought everyone here understood that you were running plants like this to accelerate the learning.

i did not see anyone advocating perpetual in this thread.

i have done it for years in an isolated environment where i never came into contact with other growers. it is a very fast way to learn.

now that i have moved to a pathogen scripted hell i won't be doing it anymore.

i just scorched a brand new room at 140f for 8 hours. bleach to follow.

Thank You

Thank You

Firstly, I have to say Thank you to the originator of this thread and all its contributors, highly educational, highly technical in some parts, but dynamic and at times precise, Im learning huge amounts from this particular thread so ive pulled up a chair, hope you dont mind?
Thread seems fundimentaly flawed I.M.O in that some aspects of it go off topic and out comes members opinions, perhaps its the culteral divide?
Anyway, I am using this thread as a great learning tool for my own journey, slightly different set up but fundmentally the same so thanks Av8or and those who teach whilst they type.

Miraculous Meds

defoliating is a training tool just like lolipopping, supercropping, topping, etc... When u use any of these incorrectly it can cost u a lot more yield than it can gain u. When used appropriately they can help maximize yields. Speaking to defoliating or leaf pruning, I like to use it when leaves are laying on top of eachother so they don't create a humidity pocket. Also as a tool to control stretch. Never pull to much at one time or u can stall a plant. Never deleaf a unhealthy plant. Only vigorous plants that are being shaded too much my large fan leaves, about 10% at a time is a safe starting place.

Stay away from leaf pruning if u need more stretch, or are putting on heavy bud set. U don't want to stall during either of these situations. theres a few ideas of how I use the tool of defoliating.

I love perpetual for many reasons. Controlling pests is not one of them.

av8or

most successful growers have a little attitude!

i thought everyone here understood that you were running plants like this to accelerate the learning.

i did not see anyone advocating perpetual in this thread.

i have done it for years in an isolated environment where i never came into contact with other growers. it is a very fast way to learn.

now that i have moved to a pathogen scripted hell i won't be doing it anymore.

i just scorched a brand new room at 140f for 8 hours. bleach to follow.

I tried to heat treat mine but I haven't cracked the code on how to do it right. Mine has plants in it so my options are limited. I will definitely be changing to a rotating room perpetual instead of individual plants perpetually. That'll allow me to deep clean between each crop. Space is required for that, though, so it'll have to wait till I've found the perfect farm to do it on.

av8or

Firstly, I have to say Thank you to the originator of this thread and all its contributors, highly educational, highly technical in some parts, but dynamic and at times precise, Im learning huge amounts from this particular thread so ive pulled up a chair, hope you dont mind?
Thread seems fundimentaly flawed I.M.O in that some aspects of it go off topic and out comes members opinions, perhaps its the culteral divide?
Anyway, I am using this thread as a great learning tool for my own journey, slightly different set up but fundmentally the same so thanks Av8or and those who teach whilst they type.

Georgyporgy, welcome aboard brother! Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear others are gaining from my mistakes!

Latest posts

Latest posts