What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AutoMalawi x NL and hazes

orfeas

Veteran
Fire in the holes

Fire in the holes

Well, well, the sun is changing its route tomorrow and it's just about time I buried some root balls into the troughs...
So there go Nev's x M and A5 x M into the small one and a P Goddess x M into the big one next to the PH x M that has taken a liking to the soil straight after being shoved in there...had to multi-top her for I can already smell a rat... :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

Attachments

• P1100460.jpg
    P1100460.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 10
  • P1100461.jpg
    P1100461.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100462.jpg
    P1100462.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 10
  • P1100459.jpg
    P1100459.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 15

Koondense

Veteran
Heya Orfeas!
I hope you don't mind my suit, I feel they're going to explode soon... :D
3-eod-bomb-disposal-suit-1.jpg

Meanwhile grabbing some more popcorn.
And for the rat... take one of these

ic
24391.jpg

:D or import a crocodile

Cheers brother

Buddler

Veteran
:laughing: The man is right Orf hang on the trough is ready for those beautiful jagged leaf varietals..:)

orfeas

Veteran
Thank you dear lads, Ι meself never seem to feel full looking at them babes...
Hey, Koon, I gotta love those gadgets, did I ever have to make use of them :biggrin:

Something irrelevent now with Ace, but it may not be in the distant future ;) I managed to rescue this Kalamata after having to trim almost half the rootball that did have some sort of problem and transplant it to safe soil...now the root ball has bulged again all white...but what a price to pay, almost no fan leaves left...

Attachments

• P1100470.jpg
    P1100470.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 14

orfeas

Veteran
Kali China

Kali China

Today we've got leaden skies swollen with rain
but Kalichina shows nothing but disdain...
purple leaf stalks and slightly deformed blades an omen of what... :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1100474.jpg
    P1100474.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 18
  • P1100475.jpg
    P1100475.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 13
G

Yum yum...I foresee a very tasty specimen ahead... :biggrin:The deformities come from the KC f4 mother plant according to dubi.My tasty girl was from early on really deformed and variegated.

thandee

Thank you dear lads, Ι meself never seem to feel full looking at them babes...
Hey, Koon, I gotta love those gadgets, did I ever have to make use of them

Something irrelevent now with Ace, but it may not be in the distant future ;) I managed to rescue this Kalamata after having to trim almost half the rootball that did have some sort of problem and transplant it to safe soil...now the root ball has bulged again all white...but what a price to pay, almost no fan leaves left...

Ah Orfea ...glad that the girl rescued and she is in good health!....
The plant will produce the needed leaves!....
And she will pay the best price in harvest!
Thats more important!:biggrin:
And the way you saved her.....a lot of plants can be saved .....BUT you have to care them as everything in this world!:)
We must see some day a beautifull Greek Sativa hold a place in ACE menu...:tiphat:

therevverend

Veteran
It's ironic you're giving autos a chance this year. I found a couple old Auto Amnesia freebies languishing in my seed collection. Decided to pop them for a laugh and maybe some late July smoke. After my previous Auto experiences I don't have a lot of patience, 30 cm runts aren't my style.
As often happens when you plant two seeds, one grew big and it's lesser sister got the left overs. I've got one decent sized and one little scrag. It is developing a nice bud cluster on top we'll see how it goes.
As far as starting Autos in big pots, I understand why once they get root bound they flower. With the spring downpours I don't like to see a plant languishing in a huge pot that never dries out. I started the Autos in a cup and kept moving them to bigger sizes before they got root bound.
Now they're both in 3 gallon finishing containers, the perfect size just enough room for the roots to expand. They're forming leafy bud clusters, hit them with the bloom fertilizer and molasses I expect some swelling in the next few days.
I started them in late April no reason to subject them to the cold wet March weather. I'd rather give them the best of the long days of June and July for flowering. I'll post a pic soon be fun to compare them to yours. NL x Malawi Auto sounds like it has potential we'll see if the final result is worthwhile. If nothing else it's an entertaining opening act while we wait for the main event to appear.
Forked out a bit of $ for DNA testing on a few of my late sexing plants. I am very happy with it even though it was heartbreaking. Dug up some beautiful plants and moved them to the boys club. Now I can give my spare females a prime spot without waiting for the slow showing males to tip themselves off. And I can give my mystery females the fertilizer commitment they deserve even though they haven't sexed yet.
My Purple Looie is looking me in the eye it's exciting how fast that strain grows. Just gave her a major dose of horse manure and she shot up a foot overnight. I couldn't believe it!

orfeas

Veteran
Yum yum...I foresee a very tasty specimen ahead... The deformities come from the KC f4 mother plant according to dubi.My tasty girl was from early on really deformed and variegated.
Oye paisano, I don't eat my buds, therefore I pretty much don't care about taste... :biggrin:

Ah Orfea ...glad that the girl rescued and she is in good health!....
The plant will produce the needed leaves!....
And she will pay the best price in harvest!
Thats more important!
And the way you saved her.....a lot of plants can be saved .....BUT you have to care them as everything in this world!
We must see some day a beautifull Greek Sativa hold a place in ACE menu...
Thanks dandee, hope she manages to grow further without any more problems...

It's ironic you're giving autos a chance this year. I found a couple old Auto Amnesia freebies languishing in my seed collection. Decided to pop them for a laugh and maybe some late July smoke. After my previous Auto experiences I don't have a lot of patience, 30 cm runts aren't my style.
As often happens when you plant two seeds, one grew big and it's lesser sister got the left overs. I've got one decent sized and one little scrag. It is developing a nice bud cluster on top we'll see how it goes.
As far as starting Autos in big pots, I understand why once they get root bound they flower. With the spring downpours I don't like to see a plant languishing in a huge pot that never dries out. I started the Autos in a cup and kept moving them to bigger sizes before they got root bound.
Now they're both in 3 gallon finishing containers, the perfect size just enough room for the roots to expand. They're forming leafy bud clusters, hit them with the bloom fertilizer and molasses I expect some swelling in the next few days.
I started them in late April no reason to subject them to the cold wet March weather. I'd rather give them the best of the long days of June and July for flowering. I'll post a pic soon be fun to compare them to yours. NL x Malawi Auto sounds like it has potential we'll see if the final result is worthwhile. If nothing else it's an entertaining opening act while we wait for the main event to appear.
Forked out a bit of $ for DNA testing on a few of my late sexing plants. I am very happy with it even though it was heartbreaking. Dug up some beautiful plants and moved them to the boys club. Now I can give my spare females a prime spot without waiting for the slow showing males to tip themselves off. And I can give my mystery females the fertilizer commitment they deserve even though they haven't sexed yet.
My Purple Looie is looking me in the eye it's exciting how fast that strain grows. Just gave her a major dose of horse manure and she shot up a foot overnight. I couldn't believe it!

a foot overnight! Come on, mate, pull the other one it's got bells on ... :biggrin:
I haven't quite sussed out that DNA thing you're talking about...
As for autos, mine reached a respectable height of 85 cm and the older one, into 10wks now, has got ambers all over the place with most of them being at the top of the colas making chopping imminent...the depicted one is just into 7wks now, no more stretching but swelling and glistening...and pine apple reeking :biggrin:

Purple Looie is going real strong...never seen such branching on an indica before...

Attachments

• P1100490.jpg
    P1100490.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 10
  • P1100495.jpg
    P1100495.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100497.jpg
    P1100497.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 13

Buddler

Veteran
Wow ORF! Tthe auto is close aleady ? That was fast smelling like pineapple ya say sounds very interesting ..:tiphat:

therevverend

Veteran
a foot overnight! Come on, mate, pull the other one it's got bells on ...
When I'm talking with growers I usually cut their exaggerations in half. 10 lbs is usually 5 lbs, 20 feet is usually 10 feet, ect.
6 inches is still impressive, but probably an exaggeration. I'm thinking 2-3 inches. A couple week ago she was waist high now she's eye level. I need to get out the tape measure and notebook and figure out how fast she's really growing. Here's a look at her.
picture.php

The conventional wisdom is that April and May are sprouting, transplanting, sexing, getting the plants ready. June and July are the vegetative grow months where the plant gets big. Then August and September are flowering and you're out by October 1st. I know there's other ways of doing it but for the cash croppers that's the way.
If you average 2 inches a day for June and July, that's 60 days. 120 inches or 10 feet. Before the plants start to flower. 10 feet is a big plant that's pretty good. 12 feet is better and 15 feet isn't outside the realm of possibility.
The weather hasn't been cooperating. After a hot start the cool marine cloud layer has moved in. Some days it burns off by the afternoon other days it doesn't. Keeping an eye out for stem rot.
I haven't quite sussed out that DNA thing you're talking about...

I forget you guys are still in the Stone Age with your primitive barbaric laws. There's a lab you can send a leaf to. They'll test and let you know if it's male or female in a couple days.
The idea is to send in the cotyledon from a seedling. I did it differently, waited until I had big plants in the ground. I want to select males for breeding.
If I'd identified and culled them early or given them poor conditions I wouldn't have been able to judge how good they were. As is I've got 3 kick ass males, one Lemon Hashplant, one Purple Looie, and one Funkberry (Shiskaberry x Mt Rainer). There's a few others, we'll see what I go with.
Got to say your Autos look good. Mine's in a similar range of size but the buds look a bit dinky, yours are filling in. Northern Lights is a great call for an Auto, many of the best Autos I've seen contain Northern Lights. Seems like the Malawi adds vigor and size. Even though Autos are silly and dinky they're a fun distraction before the big fun.

orfeas

Veteran
Wow ORF! Tthe auto is close aleady ? That was fast smelling like pineapple ya say sounds very interesting ..:tiphat:
not close yet, mate! yes, pine apple it is fer sure, but the more it swells the heavier it smells...reminds me of my last year's PxM that smelled divine by the end of October and later it changed to heavier and so did the high...
:tiphat:

I forget you guys are still in the Stone Age with your primitive barbaric laws. There's a lab you can send a leaf to. They'll test and let you know if it's male or female in a couple days.
The idea is to send in the cotyledon from a seedling. I did it differently, waited until I had big plants in the ground. I want to select males for breeding.
If I'd identified and culled them early or given them poor conditions I wouldn't have been able to judge how good they were.

you must have lost track of eras, iron age is where we're in now and despite that I did know of that DNA test of a cotyledon but you got me perplexed talking about pulling out juvenile plants...I must have been high... :biggrin:
lush and busty sheila you got there... :)

now time for some real plants, hazes that is...
in order of appearence, PHxM I(2) , PHxM II (still unsexed), OTH, PanHaze and A5xM with its 11blade leaves...
on a side note, the Panhaze sprouted on May 1st and initially it somehow didn't want to grow but changed its mind in the last couple of weeks and now it says bigger shoes please...

mon/tue/wed we had a hell of torrents and the supportive green rubber strings were put to good use already...

Attachments

• P1100504.jpg
    P1100504.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100505.jpg
    P1100505.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 15
  • P1100499.jpg
    P1100499.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100502.jpg
    P1100502.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100494.jpg
    P1100494.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 10
  • P1100507.jpg
    P1100507.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 8
  • P1100506.jpg
    P1100506.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 11

orfeas

Veteran
Beauteous vegging my friend. That is some luxurious green, chock full of narrow leaves;) 1st PanHaze is extraordinary!
Thanks heaps, mate! A small correction, the 1st one is not a PanHaze but a Purple Haze x Malawi...

Now trimming me sails is becoming a call so one has to go however heartbreaking it may be, while her sissy is faring fine looking hunky-dory with no more burnt tips or any signs of defs...
In the last two pics the A5M got its first topping today, faring fine too with its lovely eleven-blade leaves...

Attachments

• P1100527.jpg
    P1100527.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100519.jpg
    P1100519.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 15
  • P1100520.jpg
    P1100520.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 10
  • P1100517.jpg
    P1100517.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100518.jpg
    P1100518.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 17

therevverend

Veteran
ou must have lost track of eras, iron age is where we're in now and despite that I did know of that DNA test of a cotyledon but you got me perplexed talking about pulling out juvenile plants...I must have been high...

Okay when you get your medical certificate you have a plant limit. I only have enough space for my quota so the males are in the way. The sooner I can recognize them, cull or move them the better off I am. I want to get my sexed females in the good ground before they start to flower so I can get good vegetative growth. I always have a few backup females languishing root bound waiting for a boy to get culled.
Iron age it is they don't make them bars out of bronze.
A friend of mine got some supposedly feminized Purple Haze seeds last summer. They finished flowering by the end of September and a few of them showed male so I figured he'd been ripped off. The plants were lovely deep purple tasty smoke, he did some breeding with the females.
This year he planted some and a stem rub reveals a wonderful sandalwood incense smell. I'm certain they're hybrids but they may contain a bit of haze I'm regretting not planting a few.
My exotic head stash plant right now is my Mextiza. I have two, both have a sweet minty tropical smell. It doesn't always transfer to the buds but they could turn out nice. Here's a pic:

picture.php

As you can see I finally figured out how to rotate the pictures so they don't suck. Stoned age indeed...

orfeas

Veteran
lovely Tikal, mate! What's that herbaceous mob? :biggrin:

My PH x M got me bewildered the other day when those leaves got burned out of the blue...no bloody thing on my part...never seen such a thing before ... any clues?

Attachments

• P1100537.jpg
    P1100537.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100536.jpg
    P1100536.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 15
  • P1100538.jpg
    P1100538.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 15

orfeas

Veteran
did I say we'd evaded the drench yesterday? Well, that was in the morning... last night and this morning torrents poured down hard...no damage to cannas but a little bit to my veggies...a broken twig here, a bent over one there... minimal bilateral damage...

Now this is my first summer harvest ever! Yet, the tithe had to be paid to the elements... :biggrin: the sun's out again so I hanged the mini lady out at the veranda for a good dry before moving it to the basement...

Attachments

• P1100541.jpg
    P1100541.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100542.jpg
    P1100542.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100543.jpg
    P1100543.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 10

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi orfeas,

Congrats on your first summer harvest! :) Looks like the Auto Malawi x NL did yield quite well for her size .... sorry to hear you lost a bit of harvest due to strong rains in late flowering, some phenos of this Auto Malawi x NL release can produce quite dense flowers like yours, and therefure are more susceptible to get mold in late flowering.

All the sativas are looking great friend, it's going to be a pleasure to admire their vigorous growth in July and August before they start to flower.

Have a great start of week! ;)

orfeas

Veteran
Hi orfeas,

Congrats on your first summer harvest! :) Looks like the Auto Malawi x NL did yield quite well for her size .... sorry to hear you lost a bit of harvest due to strong rains in late flowering, some phenos of this Auto Malawi x NL release can produce quite dense flowers like yours, and therefure are more susceptible to get mold in late flowering.

All the sativas are looking great friend, it's going to be a pleasure to admire their vigorous growth in July and August before they start to flower.

Have a great start of week! ;)

Muchas gracias, no te preocupes, amigo! Had I lived before the Greek revolution, I'd have had to hand the tithe over anyway... :biggrin:

Have a nice week!

:tiphat: orfeas

orfeas

Veteran
Purple Haze x Malawi in the wild berry bushes going strong, in the very pink, no defs, no pests but a few grasshoppers not daring much for my neighbours cat stalking on them... :biggrin:
she's at 170cm now, multi-topped already since 2m maximal height allowed or maybe a little more, crazy branching calling for stakes asap, if I don't want to see her battered in the next storm ...

Attachments

• P1100570.jpg
    P1100570.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100571.jpg
    P1100571.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100572.jpg
    P1100572.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts