What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Autoflowers and RDWC

Anyone have experience with RDWC and auto flowers? Having issues where the plants don't seem to mature and develop as they do in dirt. Delayed, nearly stalled flowering.

First grow in the system - plants got nearly 6' tall and 80 days in they were barely flowering. Another grow going after scrapping all but one plant. Cut the nutes down by 50% this time around. Running around 700ppm. 45 days with "80-day" plants and they're just starting to flower and just one has cotton ball buds. It's like they're stuck in the middle and just keep getting bigger but don't develop.

Running the lights 18/6. Ph is 5.6-5.8.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I guess my first uneducated auto flower thought would be to go 12/12 with the lights. Again auto noob here so...
Peace, negative.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
See if not using any Grow fertilizer and only Flowering fertilizer will speed things up. Using veg. nitrogen can take a while to diminish the plant metabolism and slow flowering. Instead of using a veg fertilizer with ammonium nitrogen only use nitrate nitrogen in bloom fertilizer.

Run the photoperiod 20 on and 4 off and see if that will help too. All you need to do is get dialed in because auto flowers can be grown using RDWC. 😎

See if not using any Grow fertilizer and only Flowering fertilizer will speed things up. Using veg. nitrogen can take a while to diminish the plant metabolism and slow flowering. Instead of using a veg fertilizer with ammonium nitrogen only use nitrate nitrogen in bloom fertilizer.

Run the photoperiod 20 on and 4 off and see if that will help too. All you need to do is get dialed in because auto flowers can be grown using RDWC. 😎
Switched them to straight kool bloom (0-10-10) and backed down the lights to 12/12, just to fuck with 'em. Seems to be doing something. Some are responding better than others. I'll post some before and after pics soon.

Was running the lights 20/4 with the last run that got 6' tall and stalled. Didn't seem to have any effect.

I fee like a complete dumbass. I've been growing pot a long ass time, since the big wave that put this place on the map after overgrow went down. To have such a bizarre occurrence that is seemingly unheard of is making me a little nuts. lol... Live and learn!