What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Autoflowering lines based on Auto Zamaldelica

paisajedehierba

KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3), F2, day 17 from seed. One larger plant is (AutoZam x GT3) x Zamal A 75%, F2.

Attachments

• 2022-04-19_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3)_day 17 from seed (2).JPG
    2022-04-19_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3)_day 17 from seed (2).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 76
  • 2022-04-19_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3)_day 17 from seed (3).JPG
    2022-04-19_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3)_day 17 from seed (3).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
  • 2022-04-19_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3)_day 17 from seed.JPG
    2022-04-19_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3)_day 17 from seed.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 71

paisajedehierba

Kali China x (Auto Zam x GT 3). Out of 27 plants 4x auto found. Two plants indoors .... one auto female and one auto male:). Still a week to go until polination. Transplanted outdoors since a few days are two further Auto females of this line. Very early flowering (first stigmas visible at day 22 from seed indoors). All auto plants will not reach their full pontential (regarding plant size), because of small pots in first 25 days of life. The grow speed outdoors is also still slower than indoors because of colder temperature. The prediction tends to warmer and dry weather next week.

Attachments

• 20222-045-04_Kali China with spotted leaves_Kali China x (Auto Zam x GT 3) shows very similar ...JPG
    20222-045-04_Kali China with spotted leaves_Kali China x (Auto Zam x GT 3) shows very similar ...JPG
    5 MB · Views: 67
  • 2022-05-04_Large plant KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3) F2 auto fem_plant at the bottom right is a young...JPG
    2022-05-04_Large plant KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3) F2 auto fem_plant at the bottom right is a young...JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • 2022-05-04_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3) F2 flowering has just begun.JPG
    2022-05-04_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3) F2 flowering has just begun.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 70
  • 2022-05-04_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3) F2 auto male.JPG
    2022-05-04_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3) F2 auto male.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 69
  • 2022-05-04_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3) F2 auto male (2).JPG
    2022-05-04_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3) F2 auto male (2).JPG
    634.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 2022-05-04_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3) F2 auto female outdoors since 8 days.JPG
    2022-05-04_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3) F2 auto female outdoors since 8 days.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
  • 2022-05-04_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3) F2 auto female outdoors since 8 days (3).JPG
    2022-05-04_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3) F2 auto female outdoors since 8 days (3).JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 79
  • 2022-05-04_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3) F2 auto female outdoors since 8 days (2).JPG
    2022-05-04_KC x (Auto Zam x GT 3) F2 auto female outdoors since 8 days (2).JPG
    712.8 KB · Views: 80

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola paisajedehierba, a few of us here know about your laudable efforts these latest years to capture the magic tropical sativa traits in successful fully autoflowering lines that can finish in your northern climate, you have all my respect, and i'm really happy you are using Auto Zamaldelica, Golden Tiger 3rd version and Zamal A 75 % from the Zamaldelica Breeders Pack (that was a good one (y) thank you very much) as a genetic base for your breeding program.

Our main goal with Auto Zamaldelica breeding was to capture the mango carrot terpenes and effects (and overall personality) from Zamaldelica elite mother in an auto line, i'm glad you found these traits in Auto Zamaldelica release and that they inspired you for this project. We would like to start this year on the development of new, much more tropical autoflowering sativa lines, trying to breed auto lines from our pure Thais, Hazes and other African tropical sativa mothers, i will comment more about this in the future in case these new projects are finally accomplished.

I agree with you that is important to seek for right terpenes (and other important traits you want to make sure to include in your auto line) very early on the selections of first generations. Otherwise, you can end up with an auto line, but after all the hard work it may doesn't capture all the traits and personality you were looking for. In case of Auto Zamaldelica breeding, i wanted to make sure to select in the F1 and F2 non-fully-auto generations for the candy floral Zamaldelica elite mother stem rub and branching, traits i link very much to this mother, and this helped a lot to make sure the selections and development of Auto Zamaldelica was going in the right direction.

I like a lot the look of your seedlings in your latest post, they look familiar, and agressive ;)
I also like to select for such vigorous, robust and healthy growing traits (if possible) and in the development of many different lines.

Good luck with the project, and sorry for not replying before, i somehow didn't find your thread.

paisajedehierba

Hola paisajedehierba, a few of us here know about your laudable efforts these latest years to capture the magic tropical sativa traits in successful fully autoflowering lines that can finish in your northern climate, you have all my respect, and i'm really happy you are using Auto Zamaldelica, Golden Tiger 3rd version and Zamal A 75 % from the Zamaldelica Breeders Pack (that was a good one (y) thank you very much) as a genetic base for your breeding program.

Our main goal with Auto Zamaldelica breeding was to capture the mango carrot terpenes and effects (and overall personality) from Zamaldelica elite mother in an auto line, i'm glad you found these traits in Auto Zamaldelica release and that they inspired you for this project. We would like to start this year on the development of new, much more tropical autoflowering sativa lines, trying to breed auto lines from our pure Thais, Hazes and other African tropical sativa mothers, i will comment more about this in the future in case these new projects are finally accomplished.

I agree with you that is important to seek for right terpenes (and other important traits you want to make sure to include in your auto line) very early on the selections of first generations. Otherwise, you can end up with an auto line, but after all the hard work it may doesn't capture all the traits and personality you were looking for. In case of Auto Zamaldelica breeding, i wanted to make sure to select in the F1 and F2 non-fully-auto generations for the candy floral Zamaldelica elite mother stem rub and branching, traits i link very much to this mother, and this helped a lot to make sure the selections and development of Auto Zamaldelica was going in the right direction.

I like a lot the look of your seedlings in your latest post, they look familiar, and agressive ;)
I also like to select for such vigorous, robust and healthy growing traits (if possible) and in the development of many different lines.

Good luck with the project, and sorry for not replying before, i somehow didn't find your thread.
Thank you very much for the response Dubi. It´s good to know, that aficinados and professionals are casting an eye on the progress of my hobby activities with ACE genetics. I am always open for suggestions. I wish I could handle with a bigger number of plants to make a choice (especially in F2 stage). In the end I have to deal with my very limit equipment under difficult legal conditions. Sometimes I have to accept not so good results ... nevertheless trying to make it better. I`d like to be a fly on the wall of your wonderful intended projects with auto Thai, Haze and african lines:)

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Thanks for sharing your adventures @paisajedehierba ! All the best to you !

@dubi "We would like to start this year on the development of new, much more tropical autoflowering sativa lines, trying to breed auto lines from our pure Thais, Hazes and other African tropical sativa mothers, i will comment more about this in the future in case these new projects are finally accomplished."
OMFG :) That s great news, I ll be in the starting blocks !

paisajedehierba

(Auto Zam x GT 3) x Zamal A 75%, F2 auto. Pictures from yesterday.
Two outdoor plants that thrived 3 weeks in small pots. Two phenos regarding the stature ... one branchy pheno (branchier than Auto Zamaldelica in my experience, height 60cm) and one more columnar with longer internodial distance (probably inharited from GT 3 leaning mother, height 70cm). The (stemrub) smells are soft up to date. Somehow dry with hints of fruitiness. The weather is dry and very warm. Dryness is predicted to go the next weeks. No auto male found of this line up to date. I reflect upon pollination with availably Zamal A 75% pollen to accentuate furthermore the Zamal A side.

Attachments

• P1350796.JPG
    P1350796.JPG
    984.9 KB · Views: 81
  • P1350795.JPG
    P1350795.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 90
  • P1350793.JPG
    P1350793.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 83
  • P1350791.JPG
    P1350791.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 82
  • P1350790.JPG
    P1350790.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
  • P1350823.JPG
    P1350823.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 79
  • P1350822.JPG
    P1350822.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 80
  • P1350799.JPG
    P1350799.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
  • P1350798.JPG
    P1350798.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 85

paisajedehierba

Kali China x (Auto Zam x GT 3), F2. Pictures from yesterday. Two plants not varying that much. Dark green leafes, robust stem (already fruity smelling), slightly branched, increasing resinious around the flowers and also on the bracts and larger leafes. I have found a F2 auto male and another female indoors. The step to F3 (all plants auto) seems to be possible. I will also use this pollen to polinate a Auto Malawi x NL. Later in summer a Bubba Kush x PCK and a Kali China (all three are thriving outdoors) could be dusted too.

Attachments

• plant 2 (4).JPG
    plant 2 (4).JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 68
  • plant 2 (3).JPG
    plant 2 (3).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • plant 2 (2).JPG
    plant 2 (2).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • plant 1 .JPG
    plant 1 .JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
  • plant 1 (7).JPG
    plant 1 (7).JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
  • plant 1 (5).JPG
    plant 1 (5).JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 58
  • plant 1 (4).JPG
    plant 1 (4).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • plant 1 (3).JPG
    plant 1 (3).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 74
  • plant 1 (2).JPG
    plant 1 (2).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
  • both plants.JPG
    both plants.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 63

paisajedehierba

(Auto Zam x GT 3) x Zamal A 75% (F2 auto) pictures 2022-05-31
- branchy pheno with mediocre flower to leafe ratio, day 60 from seed. Resin on flowers, bracts and some bigger leaves. Stem rub smell floral-fruity. Height 60cm.
-less branchy pheno with better flower to leafe ratio, day 56 from seed. Stem rub smell woody-fruity. Resin on the bracts. Height 80cm

Attachments

• ATZ x ZamA75 (F2 auto)_branchy pheno with mediocre flower to leafe ratio (2).JPG
    ATZ x ZamA75 (F2 auto)_branchy pheno with mediocre flower to leafe ratio (2).JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 93
  • ATZ x ZamA75 (F2 auto)_branchy pheno with mediocre flower to leafe ratio (3).JPG
    ATZ x ZamA75 (F2 auto)_branchy pheno with mediocre flower to leafe ratio (3).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • ATZ x ZamA75 (F2 auto)_branchy pheno with mediocre flower to leafe ratio.JPG
    ATZ x ZamA75 (F2 auto)_branchy pheno with mediocre flower to leafe ratio.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
  • ATZ x ZamA75 (F2 auto)_less branchy better flower to leafe ratio (2).JPG
    ATZ x ZamA75 (F2 auto)_less branchy better flower to leafe ratio (2).JPG
    854.7 KB · Views: 92
  • ATZ x ZamA75 (F2 auto)_less branchy better flower to leafe ratio (3).JPG
    ATZ x ZamA75 (F2 auto)_less branchy better flower to leafe ratio (3).JPG
    930.8 KB · Views: 94
  • ATZ x ZamA75 (F2 auto)_less branchy better flower to leafe ratio.JPG
    ATZ x ZamA75 (F2 auto)_less branchy better flower to leafe ratio.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 91

paisajedehierba

Looks like they still have quite some way to go. When do you expect to harvest them, some time in July?
Auto Zamaldelica in my experience needs round about 90 days from seed to harvest. Auto Zam x GT 3 needs +/- 100 days from seed to harvest. This in mind I expect (Auto Zam x GT 3) x ZamA75 to go 95-100 days from seed harvest. The vegetative growth of each of the three mentioned strains lasts 25-30 days. This means the pure flowering time is +/- 75 days (out of 100).

Toughts about this:unsure:: GT 3 catalog discription is 12-14 weeks flowering time (84-98 days). Zamal A 75% catalog discription is 12 weeks flowering time (84 days). Automatic genes seem to shorten the expected flowering time of the involved photoperiodic strains by 1,5 weeks up to 3 weeks.

In fact I don´t have real experience with flowering time of (Auto Zam x GT 3) x Zam A 75% because the two ladies outdoors are the very first full autoflowering individuals that have come to light of this line. I am very curious about this. I imagine a massive reflowering beginning on or two weeks from now resulting in more voluminous inflorescenes with old school smells of wood and tropical fruits and clean, uplifting and a trippy high with last small hints of body in the final phase of the high :canabis:. The sativa % of (Auto Zam x GT 3) x Zamal A 75 is +/- 94% ... started from 75% (Auto Zam).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Well done paisajedehierba ! Things are getting interesting there! The first 3 pic in your last post still show a bit of ruderalis influence. I really like the look of the last 3 pics .... such pheno shows lots of sativa influence in both the growth and flowering traits without any obvious ruderalis feature beside the autoflowering. The Kali China cross structure looks indeed like Kali China with NL ruderalis, that is: an indica-ruderalis shaped plant.

paisajedehierba

Hola Dubi,
thank you for profound input! I´ve never grown a pure ruderalis, so It´s somewhat difficult to tell apart ruderalis traits from the rest.

I have fallen in love with the most sativa leaning pheno. I find some similarities between your Gerrid`s cut pictures (2008, Gerrids selected cut, #1, #4) ... the not ripe autoplant structurally looks not unlike the top part of a Zamal branch. This is what I hoped for ... finding such phenos. I`ve tried to pollinate some lower flowers with Zamal A 75% pollen. Is Zamal A plant inherited in Zamal A 75% a cut of the plant in the 2008 pictures?

The smells are more and more like tropical fruit with a slight sweetness. The flower development progresses faster now, buds are gaining some densitiy. The added pictures are from yesterday in the evening twilight (difficult for my camera).

Attachments

• P1370493.JPG
    P1370493.JPG
    913.7 KB · Views: 80
  • P1370490.JPG
    P1370490.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 75
  • P1370468.JPG
    P1370468.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
  • P1370499.JPG
    P1370499.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 79
  • P1370447.JPG
    P1370447.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 126
  • P1370452.JPG
    P1370452.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 78
  • P1370451.JPG
    P1370451.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 77
  • P1370500.JPG
    P1370500.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
  • Dubi 2008_Zamal Gerrids cut2.jpg
    Dubi 2008_Zamal Gerrids cut2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 66
  • Dubi 2008_Zamal Gerrids cut.jpg
    Dubi 2008_Zamal Gerrids cut.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 72

paisajedehierba

(Auto Zam x GT 3) x ZamA75% (F2 auto)
pictures 2022-06-19.
The more sativa leaning one smells almost like Zamaldelica Elite F1/F2 fruity-musky pheno I grew last year outdoors.
The sativa-ruderalis pheno smells floral-fruity. Buds are getting resinous and voluminous.
Both are attacked by cicadas and spider mites. The ruderalis leaning pheno is less infested.

Attachments

• sativa-ruderalis pheno (4).JPG
    sativa-ruderalis pheno (4).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
  • sativa-ruderalis pheno (3).JPG
    sativa-ruderalis pheno (3).JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
  • sativa-ruderalis pheno (2).JPG
    sativa-ruderalis pheno (2).JPG
    891.7 KB · Views: 75
  • sativa-ruderalis pheno (1).JPG
    sativa-ruderalis pheno (1).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • sativa leaning (5).JPG
    sativa leaning (5).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • sativa leaning (4).JPG
    sativa leaning (4).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • sativa leaning (3).JPG
    sativa leaning (3).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
  • sativa leaning (2).JPG
    sativa leaning (2).JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 72
  • sativa leaning (1).JPG
    sativa leaning (1).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

paisajedehierba

(AutoZam x GT 3) x Zamal A 75% (F2 auto, sativa-ruderalis pheno
pictures 2022-06-25
Still one or two weeks to go. The bud structure isn´t super desirable. There are also some male flowers. Mainly floral smells, not very intense.
I remember an Auto Zamaldelica pheno with less desirable bud structure. Triming the buds was a pain in the ass. The smoke was nevertheless enjoyable and the high not too weak containing a portion of Zamaldelica traits.

Attachments

• (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75 auto_sativa-ruderalis pheno (1).JPG
    (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75 auto_sativa-ruderalis pheno (1).JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 68
  • (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75 auto_sativa-ruderalis pheno (2).JPG
    (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75 auto_sativa-ruderalis pheno (2).JPG
    3 MB · Views: 71
  • (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75 auto_sativa-ruderalis pheno (3).JPG
    (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75 auto_sativa-ruderalis pheno (3).JPG
    5 MB · Views: 73
  • (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75 auto_sativa-ruderalis pheno (4).JPG
    (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75 auto_sativa-ruderalis pheno (4).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75 auto_sativa-ruderalis pheno (5).JPG
    (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75 auto_sativa-ruderalis pheno (5).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
  • (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75 auto_sativa-ruderalis pheno.JPG
    (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75 auto_sativa-ruderalis pheno.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 76

paisajedehierba

(AutoZam x GT 3) x Zamal A 75% (F2 auto, sativa dominant pheno)
pictures 2022-06-25
I didn´t found a sexualy stable male to pollinate this one. This means I have not yet reached the goal to produce full automatic F3 seeds with a disrable pheno like this. There are only 25 F2 seeds left to find what I want. I have to use them in the right way. But ... no need to cry ... I am looking forward to the harvest of some jummy buds.

Attachments

• (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75_auto_sativa pheno (5).JPG
    (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75_auto_sativa pheno (5).JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
  • (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75_auto_sativa pheno (4).JPG
    (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75_auto_sativa pheno (4).JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 72
  • (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75_auto_sativa pheno (3).JPG
    (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75_auto_sativa pheno (3).JPG
    823.9 KB · Views: 63
  • (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75_auto_sativa pheno (2).JPG
    (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75_auto_sativa pheno (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
  • (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75_auto_sativa pheno (1).JPG
    (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75_auto_sativa pheno (1).JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 62

paisajedehierba

One out of three Auto Zamaldelica x (Auto Zam x GT 3) (F2 auto) transplanted outdoors yesterday (seeds soaked 6 days ago in 1,2 l pots). I want to see how big this back cross line can grow despite the start in second half of June.

Attachments

• AutoZam x (AutoZam x GT 3)_one out of three.JPG
    AutoZam x (AutoZam x GT 3)_one out of three.JPG
    899.4 KB · Views: 56

paisajedehierba

(AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA 75% (F2 auto)
sativa-ruderalispheno harvested on day 99. Smell not intense, floral.
sativa-dom pheno still ripening (day 95). Smell nearly Mango:)
third pheno and forth pheno +/- day 60. Attempt to produce F3 auto seeds failed because no pollen of the same line was available. Therefor a few branches of both have been pollinated by KC x (AutoZam x GT 3).

Attachments

• third pheno.JPG
    third pheno.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 63
  • third pheno (2).JPG
    third pheno (2).JPG
    755.1 KB · Views: 65
  • sativa-ruderalis-pheno_harvested.JPG
    sativa-ruderalis-pheno_harvested.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 72
  • sativa-ruderalis-pheno_harvested (2).JPG
    sativa-ruderalis-pheno_harvested (2).JPG