What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

autoflowering harvest?

Rose56

Hi All, How do you tell when an AF is ready to harvest? Do you check the trichs like you do with other strains? I have a Diesel ryder that I started 11-12 that looks ready or at least all the pistils are amber and dry while I have some auto-ak-47 that are 80 days old and still don't look ready all the pistils are white (I haven't had a chance to look at them under my loupe, have family over for the holidays.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rose56 said:
Hi All, How do you tell when an AF is ready to harvest? Do you check the trichs like you do with other strains? I have a Diesel ryder that I started 11-12 that looks ready or at least all the pistils are amber and dry while I have some auto-ak-47 that are 80 days old and still don't look ready all the pistils are white (I haven't had a chance to look at them under my loupe, have family over for the holidays.

I don't go by how the pistils look because so many factors can kill them off. Touching, heat or stress of any kind blah blah blah.... Look at the trichs or just go by your gut and if you are wrong go alittle longer next time.

S_a_H

Rose56

Thanks. I should be able to get a look tomorrow. I pollinated the diesel ryder and have another two weeks before the seeds will be ready. So far none of the fan leaves have any yellow to them yet.

Rose56

I'll take some tomorrow and post them. I don't know how to take close ups how do you get the trichs whenever I try to zoom in its all blurry.

S

SevenSeeds

yeah just scope those trichromes and your prefrence, I've left MasterLow for awhile later and I noticed a nice calyxx swell and I like the cloudy trichromes/very amber couch lock :)

Rose56

LOL! That she is. I finally figured out where the macro setting is on my camera (read the op manual...novel concept) So here is a close up.

flexo

looks like one of those aerogardens to me also.

80 days old? what was the light schedule?

like S a H said check the trichs!!

Rose56

Yes it is an aerogarden I had it set at17/7 light schedule this model doesn't have the 24/0 setting and I have some CFL's I set up independently 24/0. I have done a very grows in it I had trouble with that first grow because the roots got into the roots.

hey rose if u were to grow them is soil wat pot size would u got wit? i just ordered some diesel ryder and some auto hindu kush..

2tokes

Rose56

I'd say Diesel Ryder would be happy in a 1g pot because they are so small with other AF's I use either 2-3g pots.

Rose,
From what I have seen, Auto AK takes longer to finish than Dieslryder. So should be normal that Diesel looks ripe first.

Cheerio,
Earl

Rose56

Earl, Yeah I'd say that the DR finishes at least two weeks ahead of the AF's I have grown but they are also half the size. But you know they are a great little plant to grow and potent.

Latest posts

Latest posts