What's new

Autoflowering and wrong light is it possible?!?

Strudel

A question, what about an autoflower is force to grow with a terrible light cycle. Like first week 18/6. Second week 4/20... .... Third week 14/10... And so on... Whith interruptions of light all of a sudden for few minutes to couple of hours....

Will it turn hermie ...will it still produce flower? Does even a totally wrong light cycle will produce flower?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It can stress it.

Just stick with 16/8, 18/6 or 20/4 throughout the entirety...no problems.

Strudel

Guess is ok but you will produce less flower ...with auto if i do not mistake much light will they get ...much bigger flowers they will produde...in any case i guess at least 4 hours dark is needed....think 20/4 for an auto is perfect. 18/6 for veg for non auto is best as i know...

If you put an auto 12/12 you will get less buds compare if you put it 20/4 ....

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
think 20/4 for an auto is perfect. 18/6 for veg for non auto is best as i know...

True...you severely impact autos in 12/12 as far as production. You can do it, but not advisable.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A question, what about an autoflower is force to grow with a terrible light cycle. Like first week 18/6. Second week 4/20... .... Third week 14/10... And so on... Whith interruptions of light all of a sudden for few minutes to couple of hours....

Will it turn hermie ...will it still produce flower? Does even a totally wrong light cycle will produce flower?

What type of light? HID, LED, CFL? Yes, totally wrong light cycle will produce flower, but wouldn't you rather grow for optimal results?

Strudel

Iam using a 400watt sun T agro, that do not need to change bulb fro veg to flowering as is ideal both ...sure i won't do anything like that....but was just curious ....

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
400watt HPS sun T agro

Great light. You ought to have success if all other components are in place....decent medium, large enough containers. Bravo!

Too, get an inexpensive timer so light schedules don't fluctuate.

Latest posts

Latest posts